littlek

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 08:38 pm
They're near Turkey Town
Tent Rocks (BLM)
http://www.nm.blm.gov/aufo/tent_rocks/images/TentRocks3.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 08:52 pm
ok, so the rock at the top of the page is at Arches National Park in Utah. Ihaven't been there, so it was some other phallic redrock I took a picture of.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 10:45 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
that is blood gorged for sure.......watch out...it could blow any second.....

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_76570.html
That can't be fun. Damn BPB for reminding me of it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:19 pm
yikes!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:34 pm
Monger, the worst part of that story was how the accident attracted vampires from all over Transylvania. Having a penis explode is one thing, but having Dracula munch on it just adds insult to injury.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:52 pm
LaughingLaughingLaughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:55 pm
Monger wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
that is blood gorged for sure.......watch out...it could blow any second.....

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_76570.html
That can't be fun. Damn BPB for reminding me of it.

I've had guys SAY that was gonna happen...guess I'd better take that line seriously from now on. Confused
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 11:12 am
cjhsa wrote:

No, I think Onyxelle is the wishful thinker here.

harumph

no way
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 03:54 am
So - just HOW to you get tremendous prsessure to happen inside the penis, for smeg sake?

That poor fella!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 01:07 pm
dlowan wrote:
So - just HOW to you get tremendous prsessure to happen inside the penis, for smeg sake?

That poor fella!

Well, in some ways he was lucky. At least he didn't have to go out a build skyscrapers, buy fancy cars and date strippers to compensate.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 01:13 pm
> Jaw hits ground <

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW

I want that in MY backyard...... Shocked
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 01:19 pm
OOhhhhh... I loved my hike in the tent rocks. > no pun intended!! hehe <
Do you go there often little? Or was it just a one time thing? If you go back again, and are a rock hound like me, look all over the ground for Apache Tears. They are beautiful rocks and can bring a good bit of chump change if necessary. I spent 12 hours there one day and I got 14 lbs of Apache tears and made 700 bucks. I have a huge collection of them too.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 01:20 pm
<< I am imagining all the little 'witchy' things I could do under THAT rock.... THAT would be a kick ass circle to open.

> hmm... noone knows what I am talking about i bet. Alzheimers is slowly taking my brain <
heheh
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 01:32 pm
never been to thhe tent rocks. Actually I never heard of em, please tell more. Im sort of a rockhound too
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 02:21 pm
The tent rocks are in New Mexico. To my understanding they were formed by a river that used to flow through the canyon. All of new mexico is a 'used to be ' when it comes to water. Heheh. Ever been there? It is a beautiful state. Very dry..but that makes the weather perfect. No humidity, in most places nobugs because it is cold enough to freeze and snow in the winter. I lived in Albq most of my life. I never knew what a flying cockroach was until I moved to this blasted state. >texas< Now I am surrounded with bugs , critters and fire ants! grrrr
Anyway , for reasons I dont know , the floor of the tent rock park is littered with raw apache tears. Some still white with sediment. They make for really wonderful finds. I found one that is 12 lbs. I have it sitting in my living room. Only a small portion of it is clean enough to see through , but that is what makes it beautiful. It is an all day treck if you want to find some really nice specimens. VERY worth the time!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 03:15 pm
My childhood was spent in NM cause i had an uncle who taught geo . I followed his footsteps and later came out and worked at Carlsbad, Sandia, Los Alamos, and did some geo mapping up north. I never even heard of the tent rocks . I have to go out there and visit . Is it a Nat Park ? do they allow collecting? usually theyll get nasty. I was picking up pottery shards at Bandolier once and got a really snotty lecture and felt like a fool . I couldnt tell the ranger what we were doing with the shards. (we were using energy dispersive x-ray and fission track dating to see how pieces were composed
I did get to keep one piece but never told the Sandia archeologists where we got it
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 03:38 pm
Farmerman, they get snotty because everybody thinks they deserve just one shard, and as a result they disappear pretty fast. You should have contacted the Park Director, most archaeologist would give their eye teeth for that kind of analysis, for free no less, and you might have gotten a truck load.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 03:53 pm
we did make the data available to some agency and , because it was a DOE project, we got a letter back requesting whether we had approval to remove the artifact. We suddenly forgot who was the culprit. Perhaps Im still on a "watch" list. The hell of it was that about 3 years later, there was a rest station built right next to the trail where all the shards were. I hope they did a survey first.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 04:54 pm
littlek wrote:
Funny, I think I have a picture of that same rock. Seriously. I hjave several phallic rock shots (tmi?).

BPB should know about the phallic in rock.
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 04:59 pm
Woohoo finally. A dick-thread. Now how long have I been waiting for this one on the board!

My contribution:

There once was a fellow named Merkin,
Who always was jerkin his gherkin.
Said his girlfriend, "Hey Merkin",
Stop jerkin your gherkin,
Your gherkin's for ferkin not jerkin".

Hope you enjoyed it.
0 Replies