Dealing with Chronic Anger

Lash

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:39 pm
@Butrflynet,
Haha. Vibing you good wishes, dear. (((((butrfly)))))
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 02:55 pm
Quote:
LA in Boston asked: how does one deal with someone chronically angry?

Blank 'em!
If they try to start trouble just ignore them and let them talk into thin air.
Or go up to your room to get away from them!
My dad was a workaholic and it sent him half-nutty and he used to relive his stress on me by calling me "useless" and kicking me like a dog and so on, so in my mid-teens I simply stopped talking to him and things were fine after that..Smile
0 Replies

LA in Boston

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 04:46 pm
All good points, thank you. My father is going to see if he can set an appointment for a counselor and ask her to join him. I'm hopeful. I have enough anxiety issues of my own that I'm dealing with at work so I don't need to make my mother's issues my own. I will see about getting out of the house more on weekends. Hopefully she get some relief when she visits with my sister out of state. Thank you again for the recommendations.

Laura
Lash

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 05:44 pm
@LA in Boston,
Wonderful on all points!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 05:49 pm
@Butrflynet,
Great and useful post.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 05:53 pm
@Lash,
Lash knows. I was impressed with your post, Lash.
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 07:01 pm
Don't feed the beast. Don't swear, don't fight with your family, don't hate, don't doubt, don't cheat. What I'm saying is dont succumb to the anger beast. For reason anger breathes, and for reason it will rest in peace.

You have to please those around you. Show them reason and purpose. Show them knowledge, and hope. If you don't turn their tides they will catlylize you to anger. Don't speak the beast, don't see the beast. Don't love the beast, don't know it.
Germlat

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 08:27 am
@MWal,
You're high again...you don't know what it's like to deal with reality sober...and yep..that's the only time you can really resolve things...so go back and smoke another joint.
MWal

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 09:29 am
@Germlat,
Your stuck on hate
MWal

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2014 09:56 am
@MWal,
You don't see anger as an adversary to love? It's one or the other and one is filled with nothing but pain.
0 Replies