How do I react when the guy I'm dating....

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 10:52 am
Makes it a point to talk about how "hot" every girl is that he's telling a story about. For example, "today at work, Julie, who's so hot...blah blah blah.." He does that about almost every girl he talks about.

Now, I have been getting hit on in front of him while we have been together and it clearly annoys him so I think some of that may be some sort of passive aggressive way to annoy me bc there's no way that every girl he knows is that freakin hot lol

I know guys are not blind, I don't mind that he thinks girls are hot at all. I don't even mind random comments about a girl being hot. But when it's said 6xs about 6 different girls in a 30 minute convo it's just like uhhh ok lol And he's 36! Not 16 lol

He seems pretty interested. He calls and texts all day everyday, we hang out 2-4 times a week, he even confessed strong feelings for me and joked about a wedding.

For now I just have a poker face about it but I'm not sure if I should say something and come across as insecure and jealous or just keep ignoring it and just know that he's doing it for some reason that has nothing to do with me.

Thanks guys
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 1,791 • Replies: 9

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:02 am
@CuriousAboutGuys,
Personally, I think it shows a bit of disrespect toward you if he constantly talks about other girls being "hot." So yeah, I'd suggest you talk to him and tell him how it makes you feel. Until you do so, he has no idea how this talk affects you. (Communication, communication, communication. I cannot preach it enough when it comes to relationships.)

As far as guys hitting on you, you have no control over that. Only over the way you respond/handle it. Do so in a way that does not make him feel jealous.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:02 am
@CuriousAboutGuys,
If I were in your shoes I would just dump him and move on with my life. He is an insensitive prick.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:05 am
@CuriousAboutGuys,
I recommend figuring out why he does this before deciding what to do about it. Some possibilities

1) he thinks he needs to yak but cant figure out something else to yak about because all he and his buddies talk about is hot women and sex. AKA he is inexperienced talking to women.

2) he is oblivious to how you might feel about him talking about hot girls

3) he wants you to know that you have competition if you want him

4) he is passive aggressive

5) he is trying to sell himself as desirable, proven by the " fact" that he is surrounded by hot women

I am sure there are many other possibilities.

EDIT: a big part of the art of relationships is knowing what to ignore and what to not ignore. This would certainly go into the not ignore column.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 01:29 pm
@CuriousAboutGuys,
If you combine all the opinions of the posters...that's it.
0 Replies

otorgay

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 01:54 pm
@CuriousAboutGuys,
Do realy love him? i'm not sure he's wanting to know if you do, but that's dangerous for every relationship. Play opposite, don't leave, stay cool but sure express your full feelings.
Germlat

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 01:57 pm
@otorgay,
Don't leave?! Based in what dude?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 02:32 pm
@Germlat,
I'm agreeing with Germlat. I'd be gone. He sounds about seventeen, and that's an insult to seventeen year olds.
0 Replies

Kellmerr

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 02:38 pm
@CuriousAboutGuys,
I think insecure men do this. Some guys talk about all the hot girls they encounter while others talk about all the hot girls that are interested in them. I would probably say something sarcastic about him and all his "hot girl " encounters and let it go. Good luck Smile
0 Replies

kajla00007

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 03:21 am
Confront him with your doubts, and start thinking about the possibility of leaving him.
0 Replies