2 questions about what guys really like

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 02:09 am
1. Do guys really like girls who are cool, calm, and don't "nag" or do they really see that as an opportunity to walk all over someone?

2. Why is it that the less we seem to care, the less contact we make the harder the guy tries?

jespah

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 05:53 am
@Clueless101,
All 3 1/2 billion men are identical.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 05:57 am
@Clueless101,
Quote:
1. Do guys really like girls who are cool, calm, and don't "nag" or do they really see that as an opportunity to walk all over someone?
Some guys do, yes. Some guys also like girls who are not cool. Some like girls who are not so calm (have you ever watched Jerry Springer?) And some like girls who nag because at least the girl is paying attention to them. lol Point is, guys like all kinds of girls, just like I am sure different girls like different types of guys.

Quote:
2. Why is it that the less we seem to care, the less contact we make the harder the guy tries?
Must be just the guys you know. Back when I was single, many years ago mind you, if a girl didn't seem to care or didn't want to make contact with me, I would write her off and say the heck with her. I wouldn't waste my time.

You need to start hanging out with a different batch of guys if you ask me.
Clueless101

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:05 am
@CoastalRat,
Then why is there so much info, books, articles, websites stating that if you're into a guy pull back, don't contact and let him do the initiating. Seems to be a lot more common than you may think.
maxdancona

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:22 am
@Clueless101,
From at least one guy's perspective (I don't speak for all 3.5 billion of us, I just speak for the normal, well-adjusted, intelligent of us)... these books are pure nonsense.

I agree with CoastalRat, if a girl seems to not be interested in me... I may shed a tear but then I move on. If a woman shows interest, or if I show interest and the woman responds, then great. If the woman has an interest but doesn't show it, how is that suppose to help anyone.

Of all the women who show no interest in me, how am I to guess which ones are just deceiving me?
bobsal u1553115

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:24 am
@Clueless101,
People have written countless books on this and they are all over the map. I think before you can know "men", you need to know yourself.
0 Replies

Clueless101

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:24 am
@maxdancona,
Lol
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:29 am
@Clueless101,
Clueless101 wrote:

Then why is there so much info, books, articles, websites stating

Because every time a book, article or website is written, someone is making money.

It's in it for whoever is writing it to create and maintain confusion, so they can keep making money on it.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 09:41 am
Quote:
Clueless asked: Do guys really like girls who are cool, calm, and don't "nag" or do they really see that as an opportunity to walk all over someone?

I can't speak for others, but I see myself as a knight in shining armour looking to rescue sweet lonely little angels, but there aren't many about and all I seem to meet are loud noisy airheads..Wink
Bible: Proverbs 31-
"A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life"

0 Replies

luismtzzz

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 06:37 pm
@Clueless101,
Boys are as terrified, and clueless, and ignorant in this matters as girls.

The same could be said form a young man point of view:

Do girls really like boys who are cool, calm, and don't "nag" or do they really see that as an opportunity to walk all over someone?

The truth is that it depends alot of your own expectatives and of confidence.

So there is no specific thing that men want. There are multiple types of personalities in men, as well there are on women. So in this matter i do not agree with Jespah at all. We are not all the same, as women arenĀ“t either.

The best you can do is the next:

Be yourself: it sounds stupid, but what i mean is that if you like theather go to places where people who like theather have reunions. Having a hobbie in common is the best way to brake ice with boys. Do not be someone you do not like, if you do not like parties avoid them, you will loss your time.

Be kind: as i stated early, boys are as scared of girls as you are from them. A good attitude always attracts people.

Be confident: everyone at your age is insecure, there is no such thing as the overyly confident teen. It is not impossible as it sounds, be clear and direct, hide your fears, act like a secure person. Nothing is more attractive than a confident woman.

Your second question is far more complicated. It happens a lot and in both sides of the genders. It had happened to many bros, you are chasing for a GF no girl seems to care, but when you have one suddenly other girls notice. So i have no answer for this matter.
0 Replies

Germlat

Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:39 pm
@Clueless101,
Be yourself. Don't try to impress anyone. In this way you'll find someone who really gets you...otherwise it's not worth it.
0 Replies