I Don't Know What To Do!!! Help! I Need Some Advice!!! I Feel Bad For Thinking This Way ):

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2014 10:45 pm
My girlfriend is a broken person. Shes been through alot like being cheated on, used for sex, and being treated bad by her exs. Last year her dad got cancer and his cancer is getting really worst now. One of her sisters is in another state doing drugs which is hurting her family. When she was little her sisters would abuse her by hitting her for no reason. She is the youngest out her family. (Shes 17) (Her sisters are 26, 31, 37) Her parents make her do everything around the house. She cant take it and wants to leave.

Her dads dying of cancer and she really emotional. And her sister is on drugs again and i feel like that's gonna break us apart. Right now there is so mush drama in her family its beginning to be overwhelming.
We've been together for 5 months and i really like alot and im afraid of losing her. I've fallen for her hard. And im just wonder how long our relationship is gonna least with all these problems. Im thinking about just leaving her before i get hurt by her. Should i leave her? What would you do? Or should i just stay with her? Shes very emotional at times and i don't know what to say or do! I feel like she'll have a melt down and just throw our relationship away.

Background On Our Relationship:
At first, she was the worst thing that ever happened to me. I was always stressed and she didn't help. She would push me away (as in getting to know her and build a relationship) when i tried to get close. We never hung out after i asked her out. I would only get to walk her home after school and talk for like 10 minutes. She would tell me stuff you shouldn't talk about with your boyfriend. But at the same time i could see she needed help. And i felt like i'm the only person who can help her. So i stayed. she ended up breaking up with me (as i assumed) after two weeks. Thing is she always liked me alot. Had a crush on me for like 2 whole years. So i gave her another chance. I told what she did wrong the first time and things have been going well ever since. Im happy, shes really happy. She says im the best boyfriend shes ever had. I was able to change her for the better.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,899 • Replies: 5

jespah

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 06:08 am
@thatkidalex11,
This isn't a girlfriend, this is a fixer-upper.

Decide whether you want to keep doing that.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2014 12:09 pm
@thatkidalex11,
This situation is really complicated. First her problems are far beyond what you can do. You must realize that, and understand you are just a 5 month boyfriend. And i assume that you two are of the same age. The only thing you really can do is support her, and thats all. You can give her advice, but as long as you are on a relatioship with her you may get hurt. I assume she has many emotional problems, i mean, how many sexual partners she had had by age 17? Sexually used by age 17? Multiple exes? You was her crush since age 15?

She lives on a very toxic enviroment. That has a very stressfull emotional situation. It depends completely on her if she wants to get out of there, if she wants to grow, if she wants to became a better person. She will need a lot of strenght and support and maybe even pschycological help at some point.

If you realy want to endure. You should realize all this. Sooner or later she must live her familial enviroment, maybe threw college.

Just be careful. Do not have unprotected sex. Do not make things complicated with a pregnancy. Help her have good grades, stoke up her dreams. This path if you want to follow her will be difficult and has no guarantees.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2014 02:51 pm
Stop thinking you have to be her therapist.

If this is taking too much energy to have a relationship, then move on.

There's no shame in realizing that you are in deeper than your capability.

You sound young; you don't need all this drama in your life. Professional adults need to be brought in, not you.
0 Replies

kajla00007

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2014 03:43 am
@thatkidalex11,
You need to be really brave and just be there for her. You don't have to tell her something, you don't have to convince her to think positive or any other bullshit. Just be there for her. Be available. That's all. You can be the point of stability in her crazy life, or as they say in movies, Be her rock.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2014 09:24 pm
Hey Thatkid, teenage girls are wild and unpredictable, you'd be much safer dating an unexploded bomb
0 Replies