Interesting characters on a2k

JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:52 pm
@Germlat,
Considering just how easily you lie, germy, ... .

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 02:00 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

Have you ever shared your background...oops. No.. You have not...I'm far braver than you.

Germlat? Don't bother trying to reason with JTT. He's monomaniacal. 90% of his posts are antiUS rants (and they are usually completely off-topic from the original thread topic). 9% of his posts are blazing criticizing other people's answers in English grammar threads even though he rarely actually tries to answer the original poster's grammar question. The remaining 1% of his posts are flukes.
Germlat

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 02:00 pm
@JTT,
I'M Not sure what constitutes a lie to you or why I care... Your facts are so wrong...you would laugh at yourself if you truly knew me. But... You don't want to know me. I know this...you're facade would be broken...you're life's work would amount to crap...you can't take that chance...simpler to believe a simple lie. ...I reiterate simple...lie. That way your fragile ego can't suffer.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 02:19 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Your facts are so wrong...you would laugh at yourself if you truly knew me.

How did this get to EHarmony?

Focus, germy. While you babble on and on, the USA is killing people, disappearing people, torturing people, planning coups, terrorizing people, stealing their bread, ... .
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 02:21 pm
@Germlat,
How can you tell J holds a special contempt for you?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 02:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
How can you tell J holds a special contempt for you?
He does for everyone;
that 's part of his mental disability.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 02:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
90% of his posts are antiUS rants

This is the same lame response defenders of Israeli war crimes make.

Do you mean the articles by John Stockwell or Michael parenti or Noam
Chomsky, tsars?

One good result is that you are much less likely to spread your ignorance on the pages of a2k. You keep yourself to the real pressing issues like movies and making lists - your kindergarten days weren't wasted.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 02:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David defended the shooting at Kent State and never would admit in plain English that the students who were targeted, a number of whom were merely walking to class, and others who were involved but not throwing rocks, were shot and wounded or killed undeservedly.
If I am to be called a liar for saying this, so what. It's a matter of record here on a2k.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 02:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
Om, and others have expressed great joy at the killing of millions by the USA, Ed. Why are your panties so bunched up for four?

You have defended the war crimes of the USA in Afghanistan? I'm really confused by your sense of proportion.
Germlat

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:05 pm
@JTT,
Is this person truly qualified to make remarks on ESL? Om??! ( who says that) New one to me. Let's all join in and irritate the hell outta him. It'd be fun. Let's twist everything he says...even if we completely understand.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:10 pm
@newstep,
You've asked us for our favorite characters, but you seem to be angling for us to reveal who we don't like too. I won't be lured into that game, although I admit I would dearly love to play.

In keeping with other members who have provided you with a list of former members they miss, I will too. It wont be surprising to some to learn that I don't at all miss the contributions of some of the members no longer posting here, and have made a few people's lists (which of course is not to intend any disrespect to those whose absence in this forum is because they have passed on).

Despite what some would argue, this forum does contain cliques, which can explain why some who I think were horrible people are revered and some who I think demonstrated mainly positive characteristics were castigated.

Early in my career I learned that success in business depended, in large measure, on personal relationships, and the best way to establish and develop and maintain such relationships was to do so face to face. Quite a few of the regular members here have met one another at A2K gatherings and I'm sure this has made a big difference to them in terms of filling out the relationships they developed within the forum. I never seriously considered attending any of these gatherings in part because I just wasn't that interested, and in part because I didn't want the relationships, I've formed here to be anything more than they are. I strongly suspect, however, that if I had met them, I'd think differently of at least a couple of the people I've concluded were completed jackasses based on their participation in this forum.

In any case, in no particular order, the people who I would be very pleased to see return are:

Foxfyre
Occum Bill
Irish K
princesspupule
Asherman
Timberlandko
kuvasz
High Seas
djjd62

If I had a list of all A2K members I'm sure I would add a few more, but these are the ones I can readily identify now.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:15 pm
@Germlat,
No, germy, Om is not at all qualified to address any English language issue. He has, time and again, illustrated an ignorance as regards the workings of language that can only come from having been educated in the USA.

JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:24 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Let's all join in and irritate the hell outta him. It'd be fun. Let's twist everything he says...even if we completely understand.

You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, Germy. That wouldn't be any change at all.

But at least, finally, some honesty, tho' I'm not at all sure you are supposed to admit to these things.

Is she, Finn?

I think that you will fit in well in your adopted country, Germy. You seem to have brought from your oppression everything you will need to fit right in in the good ole US of A.

Did you say you were a Nazi?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:26 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:
Is this person truly qualified to make remarks on ESL? Om??!
(who says that) New one to me. Let's all join in and irritate the hell
outta him. It'd be fun. Let's twist everything he says...even if we completely understand.
Its easier just to keep him on Ignore.
Its like a quarantine.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:28 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
... that can only come from having been educated in the USA.

April 16 is the 50th anniversary of the publication of a little book that is loved and admired throughout American academe. Celebrations, readings, and toasts are being held, and a commemorative edition has been released.

I won't be celebrating.

The Elements of Style does not deserve the enormous esteem in which it is held by American college graduates. Its advice ranges from limp platitudes to inconsistent nonsense. Its enormous influence has not improved American students' grasp of English grammar; it has significantly degraded it.

- See more at: http://m.chronicle.com/article/50-Years-of-Stupid-Grammar/25497#sthash.yRG4Xt8m.dpuf
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:29 pm
@JTT,
"Marcia, Marcia, Marcia..."
Germlat

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You're right...I know that.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Its easier just to keep him on Ignore.
Its like a quarantine.

I present to you, Mr Liberty.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:34 pm
@Germlat,
U know the old saying:
"don t feed the troll."
Germlat

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yep...no matter how tasty the kabob may seem. It's always going to be camel dung.