Interesting characters on a2k

oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2014 11:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
We can handle it.

I suppose so. It's kind of a shame though how the thugs are turning a2k into a bar brawl.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 12:38 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Edgar is one of the pack of thugs who is poisoning the formerly-enlightened atmosphere on a2k.

What! Codswallop!
oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 01:08 am
@margo,
margo wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Edgar is one of the pack of thugs who is poisoning the formerly-enlightened atmosphere on a2k.

What! Codswallop!

He has in the past behaved pretty aggressively towards me for daring to defend myself when I was subject to the outrageous attacks of his fellow thugs. He had no objection to his fellow thugs launching unprovoked attacks against me however.

His open support for such bad behavior makes him part of the problem.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 04:55 am
@margo,
Oralloy is one of the more hateful and ignorant people you will find on a2k. I come on here to enjoy myself, not dunk in the mire with a pig. Same with omdavid. The day david insisted it was perfectly fine to shoot innocent bystanders at Kent State I could no longer abide talking to him. If those guys want to **** up every thread they are interested in they can do it without my help.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:23 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Oralloy is one of the more hateful and ignorant people you will find on a2k. I come on here to enjoy myself, not dunk in the mire with a pig. Same with omdavid. The day david insisted it was perfectly fine to shoot innocent bystanders at Kent State I could no longer abide talking to him. If those guys want to **** up every thread they are interested in they can do it without my help.

Interesting POV, edgar. I must dissent from some of what you say, however. Oralloy, at least, is quite articulate most of the time and generally has his facts right. It's the right wing slant which he puts on those facts that often makes my blood boil. OmSig is a clown. Not intentionally so, I'm afraid. His intransigent libertarian stand also can make my blood boil at times, but I wouldn't put him on 'ignore.' Too much unintentional humor would be missed.
chai2

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:38 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Among the gone or mostly gone that I miss: Andrew

Andrew just posted right above me.

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:46 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Oralloy is one of the more hateful and ignorant people you will find on a2k.

Nonsense. I speak up to defend the innocent and I always do the right thing. That is about the exact opposite of hateful.

And I am almost always correct in every fact that I provide to a thread.

edgarblythe wrote:
I come on here to enjoy myself, not dunk in the mire with a pig.

The fact that you lie about me doesn't make me the pig.

edgarblythe wrote:
Same with omdavid. The day david insisted it was perfectly fine to shoot innocent bystanders at Kent State I could no longer abide talking to him.

Given the way you lie about me, it is safe to say that at a minimum you are taking OmSigDAVID way out of context.

More likely you are just lying about him as well.

edgarblythe wrote:
If those guys want to **** up every thread they are interested in they can do it without my help.

I'm not the one who ruins threads. You and your fellow thugs do that when you go around spouting hate and name-calling.
George

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:48 am
You getting all this down, newstep?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:54 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Interesting POV, edgar. I must dissent from some of what you say, however. Oralloy, at least, is quite articulate most of the time and generally has his facts right. It's the right wing slant which he puts on those facts that often makes my blood boil. OmSig is a clown. Not intentionally so, I'm afraid. His intransigent libertarian stand also can make my blood boil at times, but I wouldn't put him on 'ignore.' Too much unintentional humor would be missed.

Right wing slant??? My facts are either right or they are wrong. What slant?

I dissent from your characterization of OmSigDAVID as a clown. He also has his facts in order, and is merely arguing in favor of freedom and liberty.

I don't think either of us intend to make your blood boil. I'm just trying to stand up for "what is right" as best I can. Sorry if this produces a negative result for you.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:58 am
Oralloy wrote:
I call out to anyone in the world who cares about justice to dig up Meredith Kercher's corpse and feed it through a wood chipper.

The things you see right, others don't.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 05:58 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

Among the gone or mostly gone that I miss: Andrew

Andrew just posted right above me.

Thank you for posting that quote, Chai. Without it I would not have known that Hawk even remembers me. I've had the child molester on 'ignore' for quite some time now.
oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 06:28 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Thank you for posting that quote, Chai. Without it I would not have known that Hawk even remembers me. I've had the child molester on 'ignore' for quite some time now.

Come on. Hawkeye is not a child molester. Sheesh!
oralloy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 06:28 am
@timur,
timur wrote:
Oralloy wrote:
I call out to anyone in the world who cares about justice to dig up Meredith Kercher's corpse and feed it through a wood chipper.

The things you see right, others don't.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Some people are unable to perceive reality???

Regarding my sig, the Kerchers are really horrible people who are committing an unspeakable atrocity. All I am doing is calling out for justice.

(If you want to discuss my sig in great detail, it might be good to move to one of the four Amanda Knox threads, lest we derail this one.)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 06:43 am
@newstep,
I like leonabanks and JGoldman
Germlat

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 07:37 am
@Linkat,
Leona is a very confused and unstable person. Has she always been that way? I haven't come across a JGoldman yet.
Lash

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 08:29 am
@Germlat,
He's insane, but in an entertaining way.

Of course, reading through the last few pages, we are obviously all co-starring in a postmodern meta-production of Lord of the Flies, and I will hang my hat here, too. I was waxing nostalgic for former days. It *was* true, and my appreciation for the benefit is deep and sincere.

Also true: I saw treatment of a woman I considered to be impeccably behaved - who had conservative opinions - that was so bad, I kept reading back to see what crime she'd committed. She was ripped at by a mob for over a year, ruthlessly - I was on a bit of a hiatus, very busy with classes. I had no time to be here, but I'd occasionally just peek in. Even though she hadn't been a personal friend, and I hadn't agreed with her more than about 30% of the time, I was sickened to see her treatment. I never could find a good reason for it, and imagined they were doing a Lord of the Flies purge of conservatives - as they had already rid the place of most with that political leaning. I remember wishing she'd leave just to spare herself of further horror. Thinking about it now, I have most likely been the similar object of that sentiment at different times.

It is disheartening to see some say that "right-leaning" is a reason to want members gone, though I understand for some here, that term may be synonymous (unfairly so) with illogical, Bible-quoting, etc.

Anyway. Property values have decreased.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 08:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

We can handle it.

Yeah right, Om, you handle it from your little hole.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 09:51 am
@Germlat,
Unfortunately JGoldman hasn't been on for a while -- but he is also confused and unstable.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 10:44 am
@Lash,
I like the reference to Lord of the Flies. I think there are both cons and pros to that approach....and that's definitively shown here.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2014 11:05 am
@Lash,
I think I know who you mean, and I probably remember seeing the ganging up, just like now sometimes from whatever side; I probably argued with her but I'm odd in that I don't like saying my points of view over and over and over (ok, once in a while, but repetition gets my goat more than whatever disagreement). If she is who I'm thinking of, she and I came to an understanding, which grew when we played some fantasy sports game (those shy away from the usual real spats). She and I were long planning to meet for coffee, but lived quite far from each other.

I remember that another lefty besides myself also liked her. Not all is always distasteful in relations between people who disagree - but we know that. The gang ups (often understandable, don't always bother me, people get to say their views) and, more so to me, name calling, can get disheartening.