Husband had affair with my mother!

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 04:14 am
I'm 32, my husband's 34, and we have a 4-year-old son. I'm from the UK, live in the East Midlands.
I recently found out he'd been having an affair with my mother since April 2011; he confessed it to me last Wednesday over the phone. My mum threw my dad out and he's moved in with me; and my husband's moved in with my mum now. This happened about 6 weeks ago and since then I've been feeling really down.
I'm divorcing him, but as for him wanting to see his son/access to see his son, well, that's problematic, as he wants to move our son in with him and my mum. Won't this be weird - his grandma is also his stepmum too?
I feel sick, upset, humiliated etc. - words can't describe the rush of emotions going through me.
We live in a small village in the East Midlands where (almost) everyone knows everyone else.
It's been an open secret for some time, it's like they knew but didn't tell me or my dad, I feel sick, angry, frustrated.
What will be it be like for them when reality hits - dealing with things like bills, laundry, daily life etc.? What effect is this going to have on my family?
I am able to cope with the practical side, i.e. divorce, but coping with the emotional and family side is proving a lot harder.
Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Germlat

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 04:33 am
@sphere4b,
If this attention seeking behavior...you need much more than this forum can provide. If this is true it is the strangest, most cruel situation a person could be in. Either way--this place is not what you need. You need a therapist for help. Best wishes.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 06:11 am
You could try submitting the story to Take a Break magazine.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2014 05:50 pm
@sphere4b,
OK - I've heard worse things before . . . so i'm going to assume you are telling the truth.

Here's what you should do: Pack your things, get in your car and get out of town. Your father will have to fend for himself.

Make a new life for you and your child.

This whole scene is sick and the best thing you can do is leave it behind. Stay, and you will live in a world of humiliation and suffering.
0 Replies

Mazzz27

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:15 pm
@sphere4b,
Hun you need to find yourself a hung fit guy and get with him for a night or two. Thats just wrong getting with your own mother..Talk about disrespect and no respect for another persons family. he clearly didnt care whos relationship hed ruin by doing this. go have yourself some fun Smile
0 Replies