Israel's Reality

JTT

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 10:40 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Do what the US did when the tribes proved to be a serous security threat move them away from the borders.

Quote:
Arab Leaders Pray That Israel Will Get Rid of Hamas Once and for All

I find it not at all surprising, Finn, that people who have been so intimately involved with genocidal programs and actions for their entire history as a country, (1776-2014), should feel so comfortable discussing, and actively supporting a new one.

JTT

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 10:46 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Do what the US did when the tribes proved to be a serous security threat move them away from the borders.

That's a cute euphemism for a policy of genocide, Bill.
oralloy

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 11:04 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Israel does not have the large open spaces that North America had.
oralloy

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 11:05 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
That's a cute euphemism for a policy of genocide, Bill.

Genocide is the extinguishing of a race or culture. He only proposed moving them to a different location.
oralloy

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 11:06 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
I find it not at all surprising, Finn, that

You do realize you weren't replying to Finn?
JTT

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 11:13 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Genocide is the extinguishing of a race or culture.

Why do you even bother to open your ignorant or lying gob, Oralboy?

-------------

http://www.un.org/en/preventgenocide/adviser/pdf/osapg_analysis_framework.pdf

Legal definition of genocide
Genocide is defined in Article 2 of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (1948) as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part ; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and]
forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."
JTT

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 11:15 am
@oralloy,
Often times there isn't even a light on!
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 11:22 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Israel does not have the large open spaces that North America had.

Place them on ships and head them out to sea for all those nations that think that having a people that are so murderous as neighbors as a good idea to fight over the rights of offering them a new home.

Kind of similar to Jews traps in ships fleeing Europe and the Nazis but I am sure that this time instead of all of the world harbors being shut to them even the US the world would open their arms to the Palestinians.

I would suggest the UK and France as they are having no problems with their current large Muslim populations and I am sure that Izzy would be down by the docks to welcome the first ship loads coming up the Thames.
0 Replies

oralloy

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 11:25 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

How about you stop name-calling long enough to pay attention and see that, once again, I am completely correct.

From your provided definition:

"intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group"

Simply moving people to a different location is not in any way an attempt to destroy them.
JTT

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 11:28 am
@oralloy,
InfraBlue

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 12:14 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
What are "natural Jews"? I've never heard of the term.
neologist wrote:
Those that claimed Jewish ancestry. I thought the term would be self evident.
InfraBlue wrote:
As opposed to which other Jews?
Many nominal christians believe that Christ's return cannot take place unless Jews/Israelites are inhabiting Jerusalem. They cite many passages, not the least of which is a reference to the 12 tribes in Revelation 7: 4-8. Among the many who now profess the Jewish faith are a goodly number whose ancestry would no doubt qualify. That's all I meant by my reference to 'natural Jews'.

In this case, the use of the term "natural" is suprefluous, unless you're trying to distinguish between the "many who now profess the Jewish faith that are a goodly number whose ancestry would no doubt qualify," from some other group that you might term "unnatural."
neologist

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 12:28 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
In this case, the use of the term "natural" is suprefluous, unless you're trying to distinguish between the "many who now profess the Jewish faith that are a goodly number whose ancestry would no doubt qualify," from some other group that you might term "unnatural."
Not unnatural, perhaps the term hereditary Jews would have been more appropriate. Just to distinguish them from converts or proselytes.
vikorr

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:02 pm
@JTT,
Actually JTT, according to the whole of UN Legal Definition you provided, Oralloy is correct. Moving a peoples would not trigger the definition.

And what Oralloy initially said as a definition of genocide is sufficiently correct.
0 Replies

hingehead

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:26 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Israel displaced no one. The UN did the displacing. What does the Palestinian currency look like? When was the country of Palestine founded?

You're ignorance of history is astounding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestine#Modern_period
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:30 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

What are "natural Jews"? I've never heard of the term.

Jews that have a sense of humor? Jews that go to the library at least once a week? Jews that watch western movies and wonder if the Marshall, with a six sided pointed star for a badge is secretly Jewish? Take your pick.
0 Replies

hingehead

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:33 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
This story made me realise why you <derogatory term about mental capacity>s go for kneejerk apoplexy. Criticising Israel is not supporting Hamas. My concern is for civilian casualties. Clearly Israel is the heavyweight in this bout - I'd love some more discernment in their attack.

I'm also with JTT on the irony that a nation founded on guilt about genocide seems hell bent on using genocide as a path to perceived security.

More generally (Finn is not guilty of this): pretty sick of the term 'jew' being used interchangeably with 'israeli'. They are not the same thing.
Foofie

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Cohn at NYTs says that Israel is fighting for its own existence. Super. However it is not a given that it should exist. Maybe we should look at this like a bankrupt company that needs to be dissolved. In this case maybe we should get rich muslims to give a payment to all jews who want to go back to where ever their people come from, and hand the place back over to the palestinians. If jews want to live in Palestine then they are welcome to give that a go, but they get no check.

Perhaps, you should Google "Masada." That's where Israelis in basic training have their completion ceremony, I believe. You might be looking at Israelis as just Jews one might meet in the U.S. They are cut from a different cloth, so to speak. By the way, isn't Jordan the land that was supposed to be a Palestinian state? Something got mixed up?
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:45 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:

So when Texas is latinised you'll rollover without a whimper?

Latinos are basically assimilated into the American culture. Their Spanish language is just another European language. Intermarriage between Latinos and Anglos is common. How many Palestinians marry Jewish Israelis?
hingehead

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 05:51 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Latinos are basically assimilated into the American culture.

Really? Then I don't understand the people with banners yelling a lot at the mexican border.

Quote:
Intermarriage between Latinos and Anglos is common. How many Palestinians marry Jewish Israelis?

That's a loaded question - I'm sure some do - but the comparison is off. I'd say the social stigma of that intermarriage would be ten times that of black man marrying a white woman south of the mason/dixon line in the first half of the 20th century.

A better question would be to ask how many catholics marry muslims - in any country.
0 Replies

hingehead

Tue 22 Jul, 2014 06:14 pm
Someone on twitter said it better than I could

@ABCnewsIntern

Geopolitical tip of the day: Gaza is not Hamas. Israel is not Judaism.
0 Replies