Who had the highest IQ ever?

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 07:53 pm
Ahhh, I left my senior year in high school IQ test early, skipped a page, because my friend finished before everybody else and we wanted to go shopping. This indicts my old self in more ways than one.

Ordinarily I am a fairly good test taker. I do think apparent intelligence varies from moment to moment, whatever one's capabilities are and whether or not any given test comes close to measuring any of the capabilities.

What e'er they are, most of us don't utilize the range of capability that we could muster.

I did read in some silly place that drinking coffee increased IQ by 5 points. I also have a bridge, slightly used...
I suspect that as Craven was mentioning, it is possible for some to increase awareness of, and speed of, brain function by concentration and practice - that is, to increase performance.
0 Replies

Abomination

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 03:46 am
-
Well I took an IQ test when I was 7 and I scored 170. Took 2 others at 17. Took a culture-biased one I scored only 174. Took a culture-fair one I scored 182. Guess genes contribute less to IQ.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 10:53 am
I've seen Sir Isaac Newton estimated at 190 and Gottfried Wilhelm Leibnitz estimated at 205.
0 Replies

carloswv

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 12:16 pm
The smartest man in world? LIVE
Who's thre Smartest man in world? but this man LIVE. I think this be a man with not moves his body, Hopkins i think its his lastname. but i don't remember. Can someone tellme his name?

thanks in advance.
Carlos Woolflk
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 12:20 pm
carloswv - Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

I think that you are speaking of Stephen Hawking. I don't know if he is the smartest person, but he certainly is up there!

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/hawking/html/home.html
0 Replies

carloswv

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 12:31 pm
Thanks for welcome,

Yes!!! ... That's!!! ...Stephen Hawking ... I think he is the smartest live man. You know a hompage with the name and IQ of the celebrities (Newton, Curie, Hawking, Einsten (Someone tell me about Einsten IQ was 90, it's true), Napoleon, etc.?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2003 12:37 pm
carloswv - The best way to find out about these people is to go to:

www.google.com

In the search box, type in the person's name. If the links you get are too broad, type in: (person's name)/I.Q.
0 Replies

JustinH

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 05:53 am
Interesting discussion Smile. I'm glad I discovered this forum, and I figured this thread would be a good starting point. First of all, Marilyn vos Savant did hold the Guinness Book record for "Highest IQ" with a score of 228. However, there's a couple of notes about this. First, she was only 10 years old when she took the test. The problem with that is, testing for ages less then 16 at that time, technically had no upper-boundry unlike with adults, which have a feasible upper-boundry of 210 (which is why William James Sidis doesn't get listed in most tests). The second issue with Marilyn's score, is some time ago the testing was modified so that no one could score (child or adult) above a 210, and her name in Guinness was removed.

I won't go into this too deeply, but the overwhelming majority of the people (whoever they are) agree that Johann Wolfgang von Goethe would have an approximate IQ of 210 and would be considered to have the higest IQ of any known person.

Keep in mind a few things: the test focuses on people that speak native English with a strong suit in Math. This is why Enstein received a score of 160... had the test favored Physicists, he and Stephen Hawking would probably be at the top of the list. So IQ is really nothing more then a number, most in the field of determining "smart people" still consider William James Sidis the most intellegent man to have ever lived, regardless if his IQ was lower or higher then Goethe's.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 10:29 am
Hey there Justin, frankly I've always thought that Marilyn's score deserved an asterisk but this whole IQ thing is overblown and she needed the title for her column (there are so many damn columnists who claim to be the smartest person on earth).
0 Replies

JustinH

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 02:50 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Hey there Justin, frankly I've always thought that Marilyn's score deserved an asterisk but this whole IQ thing is overblown and she needed the title for her column (there are so many damn columnists who claim to be the smartest person on earth).

As of now, there is no "Highest IQ" in the big book (as far as I know). There was a test done to see what her current IQ would be and they assume right around 185. Still have to give her one credit: she's a lot smarter then I am Smile.
0 Replies

testedconstantly

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2003 11:00 pm
apparently marilyn monroe had a really high iq, i'm not too sure how high it was though.
0 Replies

minibrit

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 08:42 pm
iQ
IQ tests are so not a predictor of intelligence. I was put in the gifted program, yet i never remember ever taking a test. I have taken a couple online and one in a book, and my score had been as low as 70 to as high as 160....see the HUGE margin of error?
now, i think its much like the SAT, if you are familiar with the questions, you are most likely to get them right, if you're not, no matter how smart you are, you're probably not going to get them....theres no such thing as an unbiased test. IT alll depends on what you were taught
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 08:50 pm
I agree, it involves practice in certain kinds of thinking, not native ability that could be fostered.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 09:34 pm
As of 2003, a Japanese-Korean-American boy of 12 years of age holds the title of highest IQ with a figure so high that it is unmeasurable, but beyond 228. He graduated from Loyola University magna cum laude at age 12, and attends the University of Chicago Medical School on a full scholarship.
0 Replies

Excalibur

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 06:07 am
The man known as "Mega-Genius" is recognized as having the highest intelligence of anyone living today.
0 Replies

crobledo

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 09:06 am
John Garvey
Have you ever been to Kansas
0 Replies

TwistedFerret

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 10:35 pm
I have the highest IQ - Duh. Rolling Eyes

@crobledo: No. Have you ever been caught in a twister?
0 Replies

marooned

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2004 10:41 pm
From what i read about the smartest individuals alive, Kim Ung Yong ( Korean born in 1963) is considered by experts to be the smartest individual alive;his IQ is estimated far above 200;at only 4 y old he could speak perfectly Korean,Japanese,English and German;which gives him similar capacities as James Sidis , at the same age
0 Replies

chaossoldiermsc

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 08:30 am
an iq test only bases its score on the eventual amt of points a person gets. It isn't accurate as other areas of intelligence are not measured. The thinking process is also not consulted in awarding ponts
0 Replies

priss 000

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 02:37 pm
IQ
what is the highest your IQ can be?
0 Replies