Regarding Native American vs native American?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 02:38 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. Ted Cruz was born in Canada.
John McCain was born in Panama.

So by your definition Barack Obama is a native American, but McCain and Cruz are not, right?
I remain skeptical qua obama; I suspect that he was born in Africa.
I can t prove that.
In regard to the others: right, IF your representations r accurate.

David
maxdancona

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 03:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

The word "Indians" was much better than "native Americans", because the word 'indian' comes from 'indigenous'.
Dictionary-
Indigenous: originating or occurring naturally (in a country, region, etc); native.

"For I am native here and to the manner born"- Hamlet

You are full of crap Romeo. Although even if you were correct, than you are using a word that means "native". In that case David would assert that anyone born in the US is an Indian... and it we would have to call the people living in India, Indian Indians.

Of course, the word "Indian" to refer to the original inhabitants of the Americas comes from the writings of Christopher Columbus who called them "Indios" (in Spanish) because mistakenly thought he was in India.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 04:40 pm
@maxdancona,
How about Americans? I prefer to call them Americans. The only groups of people I would -American, would be someone who became an American after birth. Sworn in as a citizen. I would be an American, my grandfather would have been an Italian-American.
JTT

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 05:23 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
How about Americans? I prefer to call them Americans.

But you don't treat them like Americans, except maybe Blacks. 500 treaties your duplicitous, forked tongue governments made and broke with Native Americans.

----------------------------

Over 500 treaties were made with American Indian tribes, primarily for land cessations, but 500 treaties were also broken, changed or nullified when it served the government’s interests.

- See more at: http://blog.nrcprograms.org/treaties-made-treaties-broken/#sthash.TYHxKULC.dpuf
Foofie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 05:38 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

But you don't treat them like Americans, except maybe Blacks. 500 treaties your duplicitous, forked tongue governments made and broke with Native Americans.

Over 500 treaties were made with American Indian tribes, primarily for land cessations, but 500 treaties were also broken, changed or nullified when it served the government’s interests.

- See more at: http://blog.nrcprograms.org/treaties-made-treaties-broken/#sthash.TYHxKULC.dpuf

President Clinton is a Native American. His mother was half Cherokee, I believe. He is officially a Native American, being one-quarter Native American. But he is just an American, as most people would think of him.

And, as the joke goes, Jewish Americans might be from the tribe of Schmohawks. They too are just Americans (from the tribe of Schmohawks, by way of Czarist Russia oftentimes).
maxdancona

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 06:22 pm
@JTT,
It amuses me to imagine what JTT would be like as a Native American about 500 years ago.

Apache JTT wrote:
Our forked tongue chiefs have stolen from neighboring tribes and have broken promise after promise to serve the interests of the leaders. Apaches have killed thousands, yet you are supportive of the evil the Apache have heaped upon the plains.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 06:53 pm
@maxdancona,
That's some funny and true **** Max! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 07:01 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

When I was in Canada (Vancouver) I'm sure that the Canadians referred to the Native Canadians as First Natives.

the term here is First Nations People/s
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 07:03 pm
Those who don't like the word Indian should just be grateful Columbus wasn't looking for Turkey.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 07:06 pm
@maxdancona,
Max, still making excuses for his genocidal, war criminal, terrorist governments.

500 treaties, all broken. For Americans, perfidy is as American as apple pie.
JTT

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 07:07 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
It amuses me to imagine what JTT would be like as a Native American about 500 years ago.

It amuses me to imagine what you might be like as a human being, Max.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 07:47 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

500 treaties, all broken. For Americans, perfidy is as American as apple pie.

The treaties might have been competing with a Manifest Destiny, in my opinion. It's called a "do-over" in hop-scotch.
JTT

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 09:28 am
@Foofie,
You mean Manifest Thievery, Manifest Genocide, Manifest War Crimes, Manifest Terrorism.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 10:17 am
@JTT,
Or Womanifest... let's at least be equal about this.
JTT

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 10:22 am
@maxdancona,
Max, the truth seeker, runs off on another silly tangent.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 10:31 am
@JTT,
I may be going on silly tangents, but you are going on hate-filled tangents. At least my tangents aren't demonizing people.
JTT

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 10:42 am
@maxdancona,
Is it possible to demonize those who support war criminals and terrorists, Max? That's constantly what the USA does. So much so that y'all care not a whit that your governments have been slaughtering people for two centuries just to steal their wealth.
Foofie

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 07:15 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Is it possible to demonize those who support war criminals and terrorists, Max? That's constantly what the USA does. So much so that y'all care not a whit that your governments have been slaughtering people for two centuries just to steal their wealth.

Wealth is not to be hoarded. Money is just a means of exchange. Some countries do not know how to optimize its wealth.
JTT

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 07:35 pm
@Foofie,
You wonder why no one takes you seriously, Foofie. After supporting the slaughter of innocents, you now countenance the theft of their wealth. Wealth is a bad word because the USA steals the bread out of children's mouths.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 08:24 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

JTT wrote:

Quote:

President Clinton is a Native American. His mother was half Cherokee, I believe. He is officially a Native American, being one-quarter Native American.
Foofie, being a NATIVE AMERICAN just means
that u were born here. Being an Indian does not make u any more
born here than u already ARE, from the fact of being born here.

David
0 Replies