SCoates

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:35 pm
Oh, come one, it was just a joke.

I've had the same sort of experience before. Very similar. We lived three hours apart though, and eventually started seeing each other every weekend, and had a baby.
0 Replies

joes element

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:37 pm
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 11:00 pm
IMHO looks do matter if anyone is thinking about any long-term relationship. When I first saw my wife, it was at a christmas party, and her looks was the first thing I noticed. After I learned about her as a person with a generous, kind, personality, I was hooked. Wink She's a smart lady too! Xtra bonus.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 11:06 pm
I don't believe in soul mates. It's just a romantic fantasy. It's idealism which only an elite few can enjoy. Everyone else has had the opportunity of falling in love with more than one person, and knows you can have feelings for just about anyone who is enough like you (or unlike). A lot of people who believe in fate and soul mates and "the one" are going to be really shocked when their spouse dies, or something, and surprise! they fall in love with someone else, and realize how inaccurate their view was.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 11:32 pm
I don't believe in soul mates. Chemistry, connection, love...yes. But as for me and my soul, only God knows my soul. It's possible to love more than one person in a lifetime. I don't buy that 'love of my life' stuff either. Love is love. What's that they say Love is better, the second time around'?

As for love/connection on the internet, it's pretty easy to do. The internet is pretty much about fantasy. You only see the good side of a person. Not the day to day routine of life stuff. It takes a really long time to get to know a person online. Then over the phone, then actually meeting if you're ready to take that big step. joe...how come you two don't have webcams? Since you are so into one another and they are fairly inexpensive wouldn't it make sense to have one?

joes_element, I wish you all the best with your online sweetie. I hope she's okay and you hear from her soon. You should take comfort in the fact that you have some personal info about her, so that if you don't hear from her in say another week or so, you could check on her. I wouldn't consider that stalking or anything. Just a concerned friend checking up on her. Please keep us posted, okay?

0 Replies

joes element

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 12:13 am
0 Replies

joes element

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:00 pm
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 05:01 pm
Yay!
0 Replies

doglover