How can I deal with this

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 11:45 am
This morning I went out to do a few chores. I came home two hours later. It is now 1:43PM and I just finished lunch. My mom calls out to me and I went to see what she wanted. She asked me if I wanted to go out and do some food shopping. And I asked her “why” and she replied “for dinner tonight and tomorrow night.” I told her “ I am content to be in and I don’t want to go out and there is tuna in the pantry and if not we have eggs so we can make an egg dish and we even have hamburgers in the freezer“. In a hostile way she said to me” Well then later I will go out.”. We have two cars we pay for one parking spot behind our building the other car we park on the street so right now my car is in the paid spot and she is the free spot so I would have to go down with her and switch spots.

However, if she was content to stay in wild horses could not drag her out of the house. I am not going to go out I am going to stay home the rest of the day.

Riddle Me This

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 02:19 pm
@lover454,
Um... I feel like there seems to be a lack of understanding and sympathy from both parties. While it was wrong for her to be hostile towards you for wanting to stay home (and I understand that running errands in the summer can be exhausting), have you thought about what she was thinking when she wanted to go with you?
Perhaps she wanted your company because she was having an emotional day. Maybe she wanted to have you come along so that you could pick out something you'd be excited about for dinner. Maybe it was completely arbitrary. Still, sympathy can go a long way towards abating irritation.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 02:28 pm
@lover454,
Grow the hell up already.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 02:33 pm
Also, please keep this matter to only one thread for all questions related to it.
You've posted four. I answered the one that was identical to this one earlier today, but it was cut by the moderation here since it was a duplicate.
What I had said on that was: why do you not answer any of our questions?
Go back and look at your first thread, and then try to give us some answers, please.

You can find your posts most easily by clicking on your username next to your avatar and looking at your profile page, which will have all the posts in reverse order there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 03:05 pm
@Butrflynet,
You got it spot on!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 04:38 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Grow the hell up already.

Well, at least she's not talking about her clothes.
0 Replies