how to end a relationship and move on for good?

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 07:02 pm
Hi I'm a 33 yr old woman. I'm divorced and have been for about six years. But instead of being able to leave my ex I continuously have kept trying to work it out again. I began dating him 10 yrs ago. We moved in together quick and within a year were married and had a son together. The marriage wasn't great he was mentally abusive and always cheating. So we divorced quick. But I haven't learned my lesson. We have moved in and out with each other and just on a breakup makeup rollercoaster. I don't know why I can'tt move on for good. He doesn't take care of me or his son well we live with my parents. I keep hoping it will work out. He keeps promising we'll live together as a family soon. But I'm ready to quit. Iov im and almost feel obsessive how can I make a clean break for good? I'm done ready to move on. He doesn't care so I don't know why I do.

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 09:36 pm
@princessxxx,
Any healthy woman would not stay with this man - so why do you?

Seek counseling to see why you hang on to a no-gooder.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 02:12 am
@princessxxx,
This is a terrible situation. How you had been able to endure?

First you need economical independency. And to put distance with this man. I mean moving to the opposite part of your city or something similar.

You do not give enough information. If you wheremy sister I will even insist on moving to another city or state.

He seems like a toxic person for you. Definitely seek counciling.

Brake relationship with him from the root. Put yourself and your son first.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 05:26 am
@princessxxx,
You're doing this because it's a convenient way to put off looking for someone who really will be good for you. I suggest counseling, like Punkey did (good morning, Punkey. Hiya luis), and find out why you're exhibiting avoidance behavior about this.

And, as luis said, you need economic independence. I wouldn't be shocked if it were all related. Perhaps you're putting off growing up.
Buttermilk

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 07:25 am
@princessxxx,
Sounds like emotional dependency for a jerk...You need to channel your self worth
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 07:37 am
@jespah,
You hit the nail on the head.
0 Replies

bryancullen142

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 02:01 am
@princessxxx,
Don't feel so stupid. Leave him, don't force yourself to make it healthy marriage. Take care of your son. Pay more attention to your son than to you stupid husband.
0 Replies