girl code- when does it apply? does it even apply here?

gilly04

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 01:50 pm
Here's the situation. Your trying to meet new people in a new town. Cute boy catches your eye, and you think he likes you back. You meet a girl and slowly realize that she likes the same guy you do. You two are not friends but are newly acquainted. She never told you she liked him, and you never told her you like him. Is it okay to go after this guy?

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 01:54 pm
@gilly04,
There's a girl code? Sheesh.

Go after whoever you want to. It will work out, or not. Don't be beholden to some nonsense 'code'.

This is not insensitivity toward the other person (and I don't advocate insensitivity; please don't misunderstand me). But don't be hanging your behavior on junk that Cosmo magazine and the like made up, to make women even more insecure.
gilly04

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 02:08 pm
@jespah,
Haha wasnt sure if there really was a girl code but thought i'd put the scenario out there. And thats exactly it... i dont want to be insensitive. But at the same time do just back off? I dunno. But you right it will either work out or not. Thanks
jespah

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 03:03 pm
@gilly04,
Oh, gosh, I hope there's no girl code. I probably violated it 12 ways to Sunday when I was a youngun.

So this gal likes a guy. She probably likes several. That's no claim and no force field. Go and be happy. If it bothers her, then she's kinda overdoing it if they aren't dating and you and she aren't really friends.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 03:05 pm
@gilly04,
Speaking as a guy...

The "cute guy" is a human being with his own ideas about what he wants. We guys are even able to make up our own minds about who we might want to be with.

We aren't objects you know.

chai2

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 03:09 pm
@jespah,
jes, since there's only girls on this thread, it's ok to tell the OP about the manual.

Here's Vol. 1 of the codes...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-I3cRFIqtYOg/Tn8LlPmGzzI/AAAAAAAABzE/M-a9YK1VfkU/s1600/Understanding%2BWomen.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 03:10 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Speaking as a guy...

The "cute guy" is a human being with his own ideas about what he wants. We guys are even able to make up our own minds about who we might want to be with.

We aren't objects you know.

Good one Max.

Ok, let's stop joking and get back to reality.
roger

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 03:33 pm
@chai2,
Great answer, chai.

On girl codes, I really think they should be required to wear coding labels in public. You know, schizophrenic, dipso, manic/depressive.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 04:24 pm
A girl in a Night Club once leant in and whispered "The snow leopard is flying upside down and will land in the marshes".

Could you please look that up for me, Chai?
chai2

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 05:06 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

A girl in a Night Club once leant in and whispered "The snow leopard is flying upside down and will land in the marshes".

Could you please look that up for me, Chai?

hmmmm.....because of the different dialects I can only make an educated guess. Here in Texas, she would be asking what type of truck you drive.

The correct answer would be to tell her you have a hemi with rims

http://www.chromewheel.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/custom-rims-hemi-300c.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 05:29 pm
Statistically about half of us here wouldn't have a clue.
0 Replies