Help!! :'( just found out my parents smoke pot!!

OJW11

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 08:54 pm
Okay, so I was upstairs asking my parents something, and my friend points out it smells bad. My parents don't smoke cigarets, so it wasn't that. I knock, Mom answers, and I see Dad hand a bag of green stuff to a friend of his. Dad says "I got 4 grams"
Smells bad
Bag of green stuff!!!???!!
POT!
My friend (who was with me) had been telling me for a while now, and now I believe her! WHAT DO I DO!!!

View best answer, chosen by OJW11
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 09:00 pm
@OJW11,
Lots of things smell bad. Some of those are green.

Unless you absolutely know this is pot, then that's what you've got - two adults talking about something green that smells bad.

But let's say you know, for certain, yadda yadda. Well, what do you honestly think the consequences will be, if you start talking? Do you feel you have a decent home life? Love your parents? Aren't hit by them or otherwise abused? Going to be able to go to college if you want to? You've got shoes on your feet, a roof over your head, food on your plate?

Then screaming about this to the next 15 people you meet means that there's a possibility that CPS will be called.

I am not saying that you should turn a blind eye to wrongs. And I am not saying that you should be a party to things, particularly if they make you uncomfortable. But think this stuff through - and talk to your parents. You know, the people who will be most affected by this?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2014 09:06 pm
What is their address? I'll be right over!
OJW11

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 02:22 pm
@jespah,
Thank you, jespah
I'll talk to them...I was just freaked out y'know?
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 02:39 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Laughing Don't forget to bring tortilla chips and dips and chocolate, cakes.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 03:06 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I am not sure if our poster is eleven. In any case, she or he seems to have been taught that it is a terrible thing to possess and use some grass, or whatever it is called in 2014.

Anyway, the use of marijuana is a matter of much debate. Legalizing use of low amounts, for medicinal reasons or non medicinal reasons, is going on in the United States in some places. Many of us see little harm in mild usage, especially compared to other behaviors.

I've never been much of a pot user (older than sin, I am, never had my own pot), but my dog once got very high from eating a lid or part of a lid of my gallery partner's boyfriend. He was very angry. SandPaw, on the other hand, was sleepy but recovered well..
ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 04:28 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll add that I may have pain in my future, and I'd like it to be legal for me to grow a plant in my own place.

All this legalization (or not) doesn't seem to address the rest of us, who might like a plant in the back yard.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 05:02 pm
@ossobuco,
The legalization has some rather reasonable sounding quest about sucking up the money from the pot money going on with gangs in our forests, messing up the forests, to state coffers - to make another kind of Only You Are Allowed thing. Our forests are losing life from all this.

Why can't a homeowner grow a plant and make brownies?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2014 05:38 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Quote:
Don't forget to bring tortilla chips and dips and chocolate, cakes.

Stop limiting me! Pizza, chinese, falafels ..............!
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 01:42 pm
@OJW11,
http://www.newyorker.com/images/2014/06/30/p465/140630_contest_p465.jpg
Do you think the kids know we're high?.
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2014 02:25 pm
@OJW11,
LMAO this is a joke right?
AWal

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 01:11 pm
First, relax. Think things through. I remember life being so black and white. It took me a while to realize that it isn't. " Marijuana is bad... Marijuana is okay with some people... It is only okay if you have cancer... It helps with pain..." I've heard it all. I used to have a bf that smoked pot. I thought it was the end of the world. Research it. see different views of it, make your own assessment. As of right now, I'm not for it or against it. I was 32 when I first tried it. The effects were making me feel relaxed and not as anxious. Now, the thing is to know when is too much, if there is such a thing, or if any is too much. As I said, research, research, research. You might be surprised. Did school teach that it is bad? School also taught us that Pluto was a planet. Then it wasn't. Then it is again. They teach what they think is right. Not everyone believes in evolution, but they have to teach that to everyone. Anyways, I'm not here to tell you that school is wrong, I'm here to tell you to make sure you know why it's right or wrong. And go from there. Make sure your parents aren't neglecting you or your family while doing this. Though there are still many people who neglect their family who don't do drugs.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2014 02:21 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
http://www.newyorker.com/images/2014/06/30/p465/140630_contest_p465.jpg

"I admit it takes some getting used to, but it is cheaper than climate controlled storage."
0 Replies

MWal

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 01:46 pm
@OJW11,
It's okay, it's just pot. Try some.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2014 01:49 pm
@Buttermilk,
Maybe not. Why? I always wear sunglasses.
0 Replies