As we say in Wales, **** you.

When addressing sheep perhaps.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 09:41 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Kids in bathrooms, how hard is it to replace the roll. I was always hounding my teenager to replace the roll when it was empty, he apparently was not tuned to pick up my frequency. On one particular day, after finding 2 bathrooms without toilet paper, and also finding 8 cans of soda opened but not empty, when son arrived, asked what were we having for dinner, I told him and then I said "oh, by the way, I had the engineers in today", now I have his attention, he said what did they do?, so I told him I had to have fresh rolls of toilet paper replaced in two bathrooms and search for and dispose of the 8 semi-full cans of flat soda scattered around the house.

It worked for awhile.

Well, it is rather hard to catch the nuances when I read this post of yours.

1) Does "tuned to pick up my frequency" mean "was able to keep my pace"?

2) Does "soda" mean "a sweet drink"?
3) Does "I had the engineers in today" mean "I've brought some engineers home today to be with us"?
4) Does "flat soda" mean "the soda drink can has no pressure"?

1). Think of a transmitter and receiver, I was broadcasting on a certain
frequency but his receiver was tuned elsewhere
2). Yes, a sweet, carbonated beverage, his drink of choice was Coca Cola
3). It was outlandish embellishment, indicating only highly skilled professionals know how to replace a toilet paper roll.
4) no, carbonated beverage lose the bubbles when left open, here we call it flat

oristarA

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 05:08 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

oristarA wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Kids in bathrooms, how hard is it to replace the roll. I was always hounding my teenager to replace the roll when it was empty, he apparently was not tuned to pick up my frequency. On one particular day, after finding 2 bathrooms without toilet paper, and also finding 8 cans of soda opened but not empty, when son arrived, asked what were we having for dinner, I told him and then I said "oh, by the way, I had the engineers in today", now I have his attention, he said what did they do?, so I told him I had to have fresh rolls of toilet paper replaced in two bathrooms and search for and dispose of the 8 semi-full cans of flat soda scattered around the house.

It worked for awhile.

Well, it is rather hard to catch the nuances when I read this post of yours.

1) Does "tuned to pick up my frequency" mean "was able to keep my pace"?

2) Does "soda" mean "a sweet drink"?
3) Does "I had the engineers in today" mean "I've brought some engineers home today to be with us"?
4) Does "flat soda" mean "the soda drink can has no pressure"?

1). Think of a transmitter and receiver, I was broadcasting on a certain
frequency but his receiver was tuned elsewhere
2). Yes, a sweet, carbonated beverage, his drink of choice was Coca Cola
3). It was outlandish embellishment, indicating only highly skilled professionals know how to replace a toilet paper roll.
4) no, carbonated beverage lose the bubbles when left open, here we call it flat

What a vivid explanation. The soda can is fizzing, isn't it?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2014 05:43 pm
@oristarA,
Either cans or bottles, if you shake a bottle and open the cap, the soda practically explodes running up and out. It makes a very big mess. Actually beer will do the same thing, the only difference is beer drinkers never seem to leave full cans around.

Seriously though, did that help?
0 Replies