How old were you when you knew you were homosexual?

Alikaye

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 07:00 pm
So I have a question...
My 3 year old daughter has explained to the best of her ability that she will be married to a girl and does not like boys at all. The other day she was exposed to the word gay for the first time from some neighbor kids and they said "that's girls like girls and boys like boys" she did not giggle or say "ewwww" like many kids instead she told me "I'm gay". She's said for about a year now she likes girls, she tells lots of people this and they laugh it off and say stuff like kids are funny and she's confused. So getting to the point. When does one know this? I believe you are born a certain way and her dad and I are comfortable with it but could she be confused? I couldn't tell you when I started liking boys because it's "normal" if I say "I have a boyfriend" no one cares. Is this something she could already know? I'm just trying to get some information on this and also any suggestions on how to handle this as she starts school and what not would he great. She had our full support no mattet what, I'm just worried about the critics and negativity she may face. Thanks in advance. Smile

CutesyLolitaLizzy

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:18 pm
@Alikaye,
It's very possible that she is just going through the "boys are gross and they have cooties" stage, however no one is EVER too young to know their sexual orientation, so please don't dismiss it as such. The possibility that she genuinely is gay still stands.

I realized I was gay when I was twelve, but it's perfectly okay to know this at a younger or older age.
boomerang

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:45 pm
@Alikaye,
This is a good question.

I'm not gay. I'm a girl who loves boys. When I was a kid I loved boys so much that I wanted to be a boy.

My grandpa told me that if I could kiss my elbow I'd turn into a boy. My brother and I hatched a plan for him to break my arm so I could kiss my elbow and be a boy because he wanted a brother and I wanted all the fun that being a boy seemed to entail.

It didn't work. I remained a girl who wanted to be a boy until suddenly I was glad I was a girl because boys liked me being a girl.

I wouldn't read too much on what a very young child says about gender and preference. Maybe some know and maybe some don't.

We should all be treated the same and valued for who and what we are without people forcing their own expectations on us.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:56 pm
@Alikaye,
WELCOME to the forum!

I can t comment on the emotions of girls.

I remember my 3rd Birthday Party, and time leading up to it.
I always felt erotic feelings, bi-sexual until age 13 and 5 months,
when a blonde young lady named Joyce made social advances
to me in school and I fell 1OO% in love with her. That was the end of bi-sexuality.

David
0 Replies

Pik09ta

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 02:48 pm
@Alikaye,
She probably already knows. For what you have stated, she seems pretty sure that she doesn't fancy boys.

I know she's only 3 years old, but that doesn't mean she's confused!
I'm 20, lesbian, and I always knew it.
Besides, what's really "normal" nowadays? If you always knew you liked boys, she can also know already she likes girls. It is the same thing.

Regarding other people's opinions, she will always have to face difficulties in her life (whether she happens to be gay in the end or not). But nowadays people is accepting more than you think.

Good luck!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 03:42 pm
A 3 year old would have to process:
Who I am
Who I want to be
Who I want to be like
Who I want to make love to.

I think, too, that she is bonding with the mother figure, loves her mom and other same sex people in her life and guys are icky and mean. She is also emulating feelings from these females in determining how she feels about males.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2014 10:06 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:
A 3 year old would have to process:
Who I am
Who I want to be
Who I want to be like

Who I want to make love to.
I disagree.
When I was a 3 year old boy, I just felt sexual attraction
toward both genders, without much in the way of philosophical analysis,
such as is set forth in the first 3 of those putative considerations hereinabove set forth.

David
0 Replies

RagingThunder

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 03:34 pm
@CutesyLolitaLizzy,
You are right, But... Its a 3 years old girl... It may pass...
0 Replies