Is It Me???

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 11:52 am
So, my friend wants to go to the beach. My car is on its last legs and I am uncomfortable driving it that far and said that I could have my mom help me out. She then said that I was a lame friend that wants to just stay in my house all day (which, isn't true, first of all, and second... I only see her once a week, so how the hell would she know what I do?) She doesn't even have a driver's license and I take rides with her and her dad and I don't get annoyed with her for it. Is it me? I mean, I drive my car to and from college, which is only 10 minutes away from where I live. The beach is about 20 minutes and no air conditioning (which, I get a migraine from just driving to school). My car doesn't go past 50mph, is shaky, and the breaks squeak (just to give you an idea of how my car is crappy) . I mean.... does this qualify as being a lame friend... cause it's all I hear.

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:14 pm
@MagicHats,
Quote:
Does this qualify as being a lame friend[?]

It most certainly doesn't qualify you as a lame friend. In fact, it's quite the opposite. You're being reasonable, thoughtful, and logical. Your friend is being irrational, unreasonable, and immature.

It seems that you are trying to work around any potential car catastrophes and she's just projecting her own insecurities onto you.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:42 pm
@MagicHats,
Is It Me???

sounds more like it's you car
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:43 pm
@MagicHats,
MagicHats wrote:

So, my friend wants to go to the beach. My car is on its last legs and I am uncomfortable driving it that far and said that I could have my mom help me out. She then said that I was a lame friend that wants to just stay in my house all day (which, isn't true, first of all, and second... I only see her once a week, so how the hell would she know what I do?) She doesn't even have a driver's license and I take rides with her and her dad and I don't get annoyed with her for it. Is it me? I mean, I drive my car to and from college, which is only 10 minutes away from where I live. The beach is about 20 minutes and no air conditioning (which, I get a migraine from just driving to school). My car doesn't go past 50mph, is shaky, and the breaks squeak (just to give you an idea of how my car is crappy) . I mean.... does this qualify as being a lame friend... cause it's all I hear.

You are in college...and this is the best you can do at expository writing???

Forget about the beach; forget about the car with the bad breaks (sic); forget about friends lame or not.

Learn something that can help get you competitive in a very challenging work environment, MH.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:48 pm
@MagicHats,
People with cars have been imposed on by people without cars as long as cars have existed. She's looking for a free ride. Tell her if she wants to hire a taxi, you'll split it with her.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 01:35 pm
@MagicHats,
Is it just me or do you not know how to say no? Tell your alleged friend to find her own ride to the beach and pound sand.
MagicHats

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 02:45 pm
Thank you for your responses. I appreciate them very much. Thank you.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 03:52 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Tell your alleged friend to find her own ride to the beach and pound sand.

Tell her to piss off. Or stronger.

0 Replies