Is she into me? should I ask her?

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:15 am
I'm really confused right now. Please do give your opinion.
So I met this girl, lets call her S, in a class. Well she is the kind of person that likes to hug people who are close to her but there are times that made me think she likes me more than just a friend. Very clingy.She likes to hug me, sit on my lap, well she also does it her friends, and hold/touch/play with my hand because she is always telling me that my hands are soft.She teases me and complements me with words like your so cute accompanied by a laugh.She also jokes about me liking her, "You like me don't you?" On my birthday, she didn't know that its my birthday so when she knew she come up to me and told me that she didnt knew its my day so she kiss me on my cheek and told me its her present. I don't know if she does it to anyone else but all I know its only me.Also,one time I notice she was sick because we are just sitting next to each other and I ask my other seatmate,lets call her A,who's very close to her to give her a medicine since I am shy to give it to her. Then, later S and A talked about it and S said that I'm so sweet and she like giggle/blush about it. S also told A that I hugged her and S was giggling while telling the story. Her bestfriend is also a lesbian and she never had a boyfriend but she is crushing on our guy prof and she said one time that girl/girl is not right and not good.We also had a fight and it's her fault but she make amends, hug me and told me she cant take it us fighting.She's also very moody and gets sulky when I don't talk to her. Also one time I sit on my friend's lap who is a girl and she told me " I am jealous why don't you just kiss each other in front of me" but in a joking manner. Also she graduated from an all girls school. please do give your comments but no negative comments.

Everyone I really need your help. I am also a girl but I don't like her I just wanna know.

jespah

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:17 am
@cookiecalachuchi,
Your post is contradictory. You go on and on about what seems to be you being interested in this girl as a possible romantic partner, and then you undo it all in the final line by claiming that you don't like her that way.

Here's an idea. If you don't want to date someone, don't ask if they like you that way. It's not exactly nice. After all, this other gal (if she is interested in you as a romantic partner) would be hurt by that, as she would naturally assume an interest on your part.

So make up your mind, and act accordingly. Interested in her for a romantic prospect, then talk to her! And, BTW, I think it's beating around the bush to ask, "Do you like me?" Don't do that. Instead, cut to the chase. "Do you want to get coffee?" Honestly, this is not a difficult sentence to utter. And if things go well, then during coffee, ask, "This was fun. Can we do it again some time soon? As a date." And see what happens.

If you are not interested in her as a romantic partner, then lay off the hugs and kisses. It's kinder that way. As for the fact that she attended an all-girls' school is immaterial. Plenty of lesbians attend coed schools while plenty of straight women attend all-girls' schools. The professor crush thing is also not dispositive - lots of people crush on authority figures and the gender (or even look) of these authority figures isn't necessarily a material detail. A lot of people are basically turned on by authority.
cookiecalachuchi

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:39 am
@jespah,
ok, so I think she likes me but how do I know? what are the signs? and the reason I mentioned the prof thing is because her liking guys means that she is straight may not be into me and that she is only just like that.
jespah

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 11:43 am
@cookiecalachuchi,
What do you do when you like someone? Do you spend extra time with them when you don't need to? Touch them casually? Laugh at their jokes? Something else?

You can always ask. But be prepared to hear no. And that's regardless of this girl's sexuality.
cookiecalachuchi

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 07:21 pm
@jespah,
Ok, thanks!
I also want to know the others' opinion so please do comment Smile I would appreciate you guys helping me
0 Replies

cookiecalachuchi

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 07:24 pm
@jespah,
But what do you think? Does she likes me or only as a friend?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 07:37 pm
She's just a typical scatterbrained young female, so don't take anything she says or does too seriously..Wink
cookiecalachuchi

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 11:50 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Hahaha maybe it's only that. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much Smile I just cannot shrug the thought of it.
0 Replies