Does political correcteness weaken the fabric of a nation?

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:27 pm
@clymid,
clymid wrote:

Quote:
No one doing business as a public business

Businesses are not owned by the public, they are owned by individuals in many cases.

If they are doing business with the public...my comment holds.

In today's world no one would allow a business to refuse to serve blacks, for instance, because their "beliefs" require that the races be kept separate.

I repeat...screw their blind guesses about a GOD and what that GOD expects of them...even if they call their blind guesses beliefs.

No one if forcing them to do business with the public...but if they decide to do so...they should not be allowed to discriminate because of race, gender or sexual orientation.

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
In today's world no one would allow a business to refuse to serve blacks, for instance, because their "beliefs" require that the races be kept separate.
Because SCOTUS got it wrong. The American thing to do would have been to let businesses decide who they want to do business with, and let the citizens decide who to do business with....to have equality. If not serving blacks was offensive to the people then they would not patronize those business. The free market if allowed to work would generally work, depriving the citizens of our freedom is a pointness exercise. Which makes me wonder why we put up with it, why do we tolerate this inequality where the customer has all of the rights and the business owner has fewer going to none?

Quote:
No one if forcing them to do business with the public...but if they decide to do so...they should not be allowed to discriminate because of race, gender or sexual orientation.
and that list will continue to grow till we as business owners have no right to refuse to do transactions.
0 Replies

argome321

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:39 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
When a journalist, eager to advance the left’s narrative, walked into the shop and asked for their opinion on gay marriage, she was told that they wouldn’t cater a gay wedding. The pizza place didn’t go out looking for this controversy. It came to them in the form a journalist’s question.

The Pizza place is a place of business open to the public. They are offering to serve food to the public for profit. If they want to pick and choose who they serve that is defined as discrimination. There is an applied condition with their license to serve the public. Any version of Jim crow laws are Dead.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:40 pm
@clymid,
Quote:
Businesses are not owned by the public, they are owned by individuals in many cases.
SCOTUS has ruled that corporations are to the law citizens. So long as this is true your point holds for all businesses except government owned businesses such as Amtrak.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Well, you know me Frank I'm a convinced atheist. And as you also know, if you operate a business it's private property and you have the right not to do business with anyone, with out any reason. And while I do not agree with discriminating against people I am also against the lgbt nazis' who target business' in order to further their agenda. And if I were the proprietor and I knew someone was asking me to cater a function that I was opposed to in principle and thought I would be embroiled in a civil suit that would close me down, I would call the police and LIE saying the person was rude and refused to leave my private property and that would be the end of that...because you dont need a reason to tell them to leave. The police contact would insulate me from law suit. Unethical? You bet. But no more so than those who would seek to detroy anothers livelyhood to further their liberal cause.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 04:48 pm
Note to Frank: The government with the general support of the people passing tons of laws telling businesses what they can and can not do, removing the freedom of the business owners, in one of the thousands of ways that we in America prove that we do not believe in or practice capitalism. Capitalists would let the markets decide these sorts of things, with freedom for all. We increasingly have neither capitalism nor freedom, and it is about damn time that we talked honestly about what we have done.
0 Replies

argome321

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 05:21 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
I would call the police and LIE saying the person was rude and refused to leave my private property and that would be the end of that...because you dont need a reason to tell them to leave.

But you would most likely garner unwanted publicity would you not?
The world is too small today.
giujohn

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 05:37 pm
@argome321,
Quote:
But you would most likely garner unwanted publicity would you not?
The world is too small today.

For having someone removed from my shop? I dont think so, especailly since I would be the one calling the law. I would bold face lie to the camera saying the person was threatening I wouldnt admit to them saying anything about being gay. I would fein ignorance. And when they tell their story it will seem more like they are making it all up; in essence (because their real reason is to cause havoc) justice will be served by circumventing their plot.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 05:44 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
The police contact would insulate me from law suit.

hehe

ask any insurer how well that really works

I'll tell you for free - it doesn't work
giujohn

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 05:50 pm
@ehBeth,
I beg to differ with you...I've seen it work. As a matter of fact, a common practice in the retail trade is if you have a problem customer having him arrested for trespass is a great way to fend off a law suit by the individual. Getting a conviction is easy. And then he is now a criminal and his credibilty sucks and looks like the only reason he filed was to retaliate...works like a charm.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 06:10 pm
@giujohn,
I can tell you many American juries do not like police. Especially in the flyover states.

Lawsuits are easy to file.

Criminal and civil actions are very different.

An arrest/conviction means little when there is a jury pool that is not in the mood to listen to anything the police bring to the table.

Make sure your third party coverage is as high as you can afford if you're ever thinking of doing anything like you've suggested.
giujohn

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 06:23 pm
@ehBeth,
You are wrong. The conviction rate for criminals says so. Juries are the same whether its a civil or criminal trial. And BTW, I dont own a business, but I have worked for many off duty. And I'm telling you, it's a standard practice.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 06:39 pm
@giujohn,
I've had to committee too many of these.

____

You can clearly do what you want.

At the same time, I don't want anyone who might read your suggestion to think it was a good idea, get into **** because of it, and then try to take it out on the owners of A2k in the future.
giujohn

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 06:52 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:

At the same time, I don't want anyone who might read your suggestion to think it was a good idea, get into **** because of it, and then try to take it out on the owners of A2k in the future.

Oh puhleeeeze...
0 Replies

argome321

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 08:33 pm
@giujohn,
Quote:
For having someone removed from my shop? I dont think so, especailly since I would be the one calling the law. I would bold face lie to the camera saying the person was threatening I wouldnt admit to them saying anything about being gay. I would fein ignorance. And when they tell their story it will seem more like they are making it all up; in essence (because their real reason is to cause havoc) justice will be served by circumventing their plot.

It wouldn't matter who was telling the truth ot who was lying. People would choose sides depending on their agendas.
0 Replies

bpenny

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2015 09:14 pm
Seems to me the free market will straighten this out if everyone stays out it. People who don't like Christians and vice versa can just go somewhere else.

That way all small businesses can stay open.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 02:50 am
American conservatism is batshit crazy...and obviously getting worse with each passing day.

The barons sure have these particular suckers tied up tight!
izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 05:55 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
I dont own a business, but I have worked for many off duty.

Over here that's called corruption. We don't want our police officers to be in the pockets of individuals, helping to cover up crimes, selling on classified information, giving their paymasters a heads up when a raid is about to be carried out.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 08:44 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
I would fein ignorance.

That shouldn't be too difficult. You won't be feigning anything..
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2015 09:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
Have you seen the video of the guy going around to Muslim bakers asking them to make a cake for a gay wedding? It seems they didn't want to make one either. Where's the outrage? Where's the death threats against them? Where's the threat's to burn down their business?

http://louderwithcrowder.com/hidden-camera-gay-wedding-cake-at-muslim-bakery/
0 Replies