The Teaparty Terrorists kill two policeman in Las Vegas

Baldimo

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 11:12 am
@revelette2,
Is the left wing media any better? Can you honestly say they are? Every time there is a shooting, they start looking for a right wing connection even if there isn't one. Loughnter or the Aurora theater shooting?

It doesn't matter what the media calls it, it matters what the govt calls it. The govt hasn't deemed the Ft Hood shooter an act of terrorism. Hell we were told for several weeks that the attacks in Benghazi were protests when it was understood pretty quickly that it wasn't due to protests but terrorism. So before you get all over the media for how they label things, how about we make sure the govt is labeling things the way they are.
revelette2

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 01:59 pm
@Baldimo,
Usually the left wing media (of which I stopped watching) quickly gets on the much needed subject of gun control rather than assigning political agendas. The difference in this case is that there was a clear political agenda against the government when a violence act of terror was committed, I think that is pretty much the definition of terrorism.

Second, I am not going to go down the Benghazi road other than to point out the President called it an act of terror the next day.
Baldimo

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 02:08 pm
@revelette2,
You can't be serious? Aurora theater shooter, Gabby Giffords shooter, Sandyhook? Every single one of these shootings were pointed at the right wing. You really need to be honest about these things. Most mass shootings are blamed on the right wing mainly because the right wing supports gun rights. That means a left wing person couldn't possibly have done such a thing, because the left wing hates guns.

Oh and on Benghazi. If he said the next day it was terrorism, why did they left Susan Rice go on the Sunday talk shows with misleading information? If he knew why did they left the BS narrative continue for 2 weeks?
revelette2

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 02:18 pm
@Baldimo,
I am being honest, provide some proof to your accusations, so far you haven't provided squat, I have.
revelette2

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 02:21 pm
@Baldimo,
Also, on the Benghazi, the two are not mutually exclusive, Obama did call it an act of terror in the Rose Garden the next day and there was protest held in that part of region and it turns out the protest was loosely connected. Susan Rice went with what was given to her by intelligence.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 02:25 pm
@revelette2,
Are you choosing to ignore history? Jared L. was said to be a righty and conservative radio was blamed. Remember the targets on locations?

The morning of the Aurora theater shooting NBC put forth some info that the shooter was a registered member of the Tea Party. It ended being some guy who was 50 not early 20's.

Sandyhook was also blamed on the right wing. Stating that Adam Lanza was a member of the NRA.

If you can't remember these from the last few years, or are just choosing to ignore what was said then you are a very dishonest person.
revelette2

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 02:41 pm
@Baldimo,
Listen, I honestly don't pay attention to a lot of details, you can believe that or not and I really do forget a lot of the few details I did pay attention to. When I think of Gifford shooting, I just think of how horrible it was that her life and career was so badly effected by a crazy person. However, looking back on it, there was a right wing anti-government connection.

Tucson gunman before rampage: "I'll see you on National T.v."

Maybe the Aurora theater shooter really was a tea party member, I really don't remember and it doesn't matter to me. It was terrible in any case.

Stating that Adam Lanza was a member of the NRA is more a gun control argument.

In any case, I was speaking more of how quickly a violent incident with a Arab or muslim is labeled a terrorist act vs. a domestic terror act labeled a terrorist act if they are committed by a right wing political person.
djjd62

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 03:04 pm
the thread originator is pissed that the site allows PR to peddle her black against white agenda, and then posts this thread

pot, kettle, black (not killing whitey for a change)
revelette2

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:20 pm
@djjd62,
Huh?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 06:02 pm
@Baldimo,
Are you telling me you think Lanza was a liberal??????
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 06:04 pm
@djjd62,
I beg your pardon. What's that supposed to mean?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 06:05 pm
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/ArtleS/2014/ArtleS20140610_low.jpg

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2014/06/09/19/30/13tQ7v.St.4.jpeg

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/AnderN/2014/AnderN20140610_low.jpg

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2013/03/28/21/19/CrhSW.St.4.jpeg

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HelleJ/2013/HelleJ20130329_low.jpg

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/MarguJ/2013/MarguJ20130329_low.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 06:49 pm
@revelette2,
Nothing wrong with you not paying attention to "details" unless you try and challenge someone who has.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 07:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
I beg your pardon. What's that supposed to mean?

it means your use of rhetoric, especially in the title, sails pretty close to something you'd probably object to if it were used against other groups

in my humble opinion

Baldimo

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 08:08 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
That's not close to what I said. In reality most of these types of shooters are apolitical. I was pointing out that most of these types of shootings are reported to be right wing types from the initial reports and then it turns out not to be true. I'm not saying there is no such thing because there is.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 09:45 pm
@djjd62,
Don't sound so humble to me. So calling a terrorist a terrorist is bad, but Jew baiting and race baiting is hunky dory. Thanks for he value lesson but I think your perspective and proportion is a bit out of whack.

These terrorists hung with Tea Partiers, spread Tea Party cant in tweets, blogs and message rooms. carried the Tea Party's "Gadsden" flag, attended Tea rallies.

So you think I am the same as Pamela Rosa. Really?
coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 10:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Islamic supremacists . Why are they excluded from the wrath of Boob? And the progressives that support them?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 10:18 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
The major point is that the right wing media is quick to call it terrorism if it involves Arabs/Muslims

If it involves Muslims it is terror. And the body count is considerably higher than Las Vegas.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 04:56 am
@bobsal u1553115,
no where did i compare you to PR, i simply said your verbiage sailed close to the wind

PR seems to suggest that all blacks hate and kill whites, your spin on this story seems to suggest that tea party members are terrorists bent on smashing the system, much like PR is wrong that all blacks are violent monsters, your assertions about the tea party and its members are also wrong

in both cases the individuals involved in the crimes are criminals or nutjobs who happen to be black or political
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2014 06:23 am
@djjd62,
I'm not like Pamela Rosa, I just sound like her? 'Splain that Lucy.

I did not say "ALL" terroists are Teabillies or that all Teabillies are terrorists. I did say those two teabillies were terrorists. I also say a higher percentage of Teabillies are terrorists, than say the DNC. You don't think Sarah Palin was threatening terrorism when she said if they didn't get what they wanted from elections, they always had a second amendment relief to fall back on? You don't think walking around carrying ARs and AKs in shops and stores and hanging out in the parking lot as if they were on a recon while women are meeting inside regarding guns laws isn't a threat of terrorism? You don't think issuing pictures of politicians with bullseyes printed over then is some sort of threat? You think pointing this stuff outs puts me on the level of a self described racist and anti-Semite?

Fox News Has Finally Yelled Fire in a Crowded Theater

Conservatives and the Right | Fox News
by Thom Hartmann | June 10, 2014 - 9:12am

There were two terrorist attacks in America over the weekend, but don't expect the mainstream media to call them that.

On Friday, 48-year-old Georgia resident Dennis Marx was scheduled to appear at the Forsyth County Courthouse in Cumming, Georgia, to face charges on 11 different felony counts.

Marx arrived at the courthouse on-time, but while in his truck, he threw "homemade spike strips" onto the road, and tried to run over a policeman.

After police opened fire on him, Marx began shooting at them from his truck, and proceeded to throw tear gas grenades, smoke grenades, and pepper spray grenades at them.

After a three minute long firefight, a SWAT team surrounded Marx, ultimately killing him.

Meanwhile, yesterday in Las Vegas, an armed couple screaming about "revolution" opened fire and killed two Las Vegas policemen inside of a local pizza joint.

After shooting and killing Officer Alyn Beck and Officer Igor Soldo, the couple took their weapons and covered their bodies with the Gadsden Flag, a yellow banner with contains a coiled snake around the words, "Don't tread on me."

The flag is named for Christopher Gadsden, the Revolutionary War general who designed it. It's also a very popular symbol with the Tea Party movement.

After killing the police officers, the couple then fled to a local Walmart, where they killed an innocent bystander, before ultimately taking their own lives in an apparent murder-suicide.

According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, neighbors said the couple often spoke about mistrust for and killing of police officers, and "going underground" until the time was right.

Neighbors also told the Review-Journal that the husband claimed he had been kicked off the Bundy Ranch during the protests there last month.

And back in April, Frazier Glenn Miller, a well-known right-wing extremist and member of the KKK, shoot and killed 14-year-old boy and his grandfather at a Jewish Community Center near Kansas City.

Miller then drove to a Jewish retirement home, and killed another person.

As police arrested him, Miller screamed out "Heil Hitler."

Frazier Glenn Miller, Dennis Marx and the Las Vegas shooters were right-wing extremists and domestic terrorists. It's that simple.

Unfortunately, the media refuses to acknowledge right-wing extremism and domestic terrorism in our country, even though they pose a bigger threat to our national security than jihadists and Islamic extremists.

According to the New America Foundation, as of April of this year, 21 people had been killed in the United States in attacks motivated by Islamic extremism since 9/11.

Meanwhile, 34 people had been killed by right-wing extremist attacks during the same time period.

The fact is, right-wing extremism is on the rise, it's dangerous, and it's now a major terrorist force in America.

Right-wing extremist and militia groups aren't the fringe groups they used to be - now Fox so-called News makes members of these groups like the ones who showed up at the Bundy Ranch into media stars and heroes.

But while the facts speak for themselves, the mainstream media (CNN, MSNBC, FOX, The New York Times etc...) refuses to acknowledge the truth.

Can you imagine how outraged the media would be right now if Dennis Marx had been a 48-year-old brown Muslim guy?

Fox So-Called News would be calling for heads to roll if the Las Vegas shooters had been a Muslim couple.

And, news coverage would've been wall-to-wall if Frazier Glenn Miller had screamed out "Allah Akbar" instead of "Heil Hitler."

Instead, you have Conservative pundits like Sean Hannity running around, arguably egging on right-wing extremists.

In the nearly 13 years since 9/11, al Qaeda has not successfully pulled off another terrorist attack on U.S. soil.

But right-wing extremists have.

The first step to solving a problem is always being able to admit that you have it.

It's time for the media to start calling attacks like those in Las Vegas, Cumming, Georgia, and Kansas City what they are: right-wing-extremist-fueled terrorist attacks.
_______
About author Thom Hartmann is a Project Censored Award-winning best-selling author, and host of a nationally syndicated daily progressive talk show carried on the Air America Radio network and Sirius. www.thomhartmann.com His most recent book, just released, is "Screwed: The Undeclared War on the Middle Class and What We Can Do About It." Other books include: "The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight," "Unequal Protection," "We The People," and "What Would Jefferson Do?"