Can u date a girl without asking her out?

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 03:56 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

How exactly did you father date your mother without asking her out?

You knock her on the head with a wooden club and you drag the lady by the hair to the movies and/or restaurant.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 04:18 pm
@contrex,
For Packy -

I remember him as a guy I liked, now from afar. He probably had a smart mouth, and obviously he liked me enough to go see a movie. There is in the back of my mind the fact that his cousin sent me a valentine in fourth grade, big satin heart (3 years before). Talk about a surprise on my part, from both of them, and that Packy asked me out to go see a movie.

Anyway, 4th grade guy was tall and handsome and now vague in memory and Packy, 7th grade, was called Packy, I can near picture. There may have been cousin economic stuff in the mix. Plus people thought we were rich (another similar name on the parish roles actually was). We were renters in a variety of deep doo, but never mind, our deep doo doo house was memorably lovely (before the fall) but Packy's family, I don't now. His father worked at the ice house. Maybe Packy was trying to ace tall/hand. Maybe he actually liked me, shiest person around. I did like him.

Both tongue tied. The movie was Taza, Son of Chochise.

I learned to talk since, hoping he did too.

Also, after me, he liked Marilyn.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 04:35 pm
@luukasztim,
luukasztim wrote:

Are u rili 55?

Yes dear, he is really 55, and so am I.

In fact, every person who has answered you so far has been in his 40's, 50's and 60's. Well, except for tsar......Not sure his age....tsar, are you in your 30's?

The point to this is luukasztim, all us older than dirt people, your parents or grandparents age, definately remember asking, or being asked on a date.

Believe it or not, we're a much better source of information than asking another 12-16 year old. They're going through the same thing you are. We've already been there, done that, and suceeded.

So, to ask you again....What do you mean by dating a girl without asking her? We need to get our terms straight.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 04:37 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

chai2 wrote:

You knock her on the head with a wooden club and you drag the lady by the hair to the movies and/or restaurant.

My parents met when her cousin stole his bicycle.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 05:14 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

tsarstepan wrote:

chai2 wrote:

My parents met when her cousin stole his bicycle.
Did he call the police ?
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 05:26 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
No.

My mother had seen my father and thought he was cute. He was a sailor. She watched him go into little market (it turns out the market belonged to His cousin) and she ran upstairs to ask her mother is she needed anything from the store. Her mother said "yes, toilet paper"

She was too embarrassed to buy toilet paper in order to talk to him, so she just stood around outside the store. My father came out of the store just a few seconds after my mothers cousin hopped on the bike a spun away. My father started yelling after her (the cousin), and my mother told him not to worry, that it was her cousin, and she'd just ride the bike around the block and come back.
By the time the bike was back, he had given her a sea shell asked her out.
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 05:33 pm
@chai2,
You know what?

Considering all the threads that get started by young people and their problems with voicing their interest in someone else, perhaps given someone a token is just the thing.

You like someone, you slip them a twig, shell, a vitamin E capsule maybe.
No pebbles though. That's too intimate.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2014 12:06 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
You know what?

Considering all the threads that get started by young people
and their problems with voicing their interest in someone else,
perhaps given someone a token is just the thing.

You like someone, you slip them a twig, shell, a vitamin E capsule maybe.
No pebbles though. That's too intimate.
Yes. I still have a gold colored ribbon
from the 14th Birthday celebration of my First Love, many decades ago.

David
glitterbag

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 08:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You really should have given her a sea shell.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 10:50 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
You really should have given her a sea shell.
If I 'd have thought it 'd help,
I 'd have gotten one. That did not occur to me.

Many years later, she told me that her father wud not let her date
until she was 16 (and she willingly complied with that prohibition).

I met her father. I thought that he 's a good fellow.

Something that strikes me as an odd dichotomy,
between Elliot and me: when I was rejected qua an offer of a date,
I had not the least ill will, no trace, nor any bad impression of the rejecting girl
whereas Elliot HATED girls who did not even reject him, but merely respected his privacy.

I wonder what was different our minds or our brains ?

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2014 11:18 pm

ERRATUM:

"I wonder what was different our minds or our brains ?"

shud have been: I wonder what was different between our minds or our brains ?

David
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 09:55 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Elliot was seething with anger and assumed he would feel better by causing grievous injury or death to people he didn't know. He was a rage filled young person with an enormous sense of entitlement. Apparently he believed anyone who didn't satisfy his needs, expressed or not, should be punished.

Why this happens I don't know, why did that young man kill all those young children at Sandy Hook? I bet it wasn't feminism.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2014 10:16 am
Instead of "asking a girl out", just keep it light by saying something like "I'm taking a stroll on the park about 7 tonight to feed the ducks, maybe we'll bump into each other if you happen to be there too?"
She'll then say something like "yes, maybe", and she won't feel pressured, and it'll be up to her whether she decides to turn up.
Another same sort of thing you could do is to say to her- "I'm going down the mall about 2 o' clock to buy some new shoes, maybe you can help me choose some if you happen to be there?"
In both cases, if she likes you, she'll turn up..Smile
0 Replies