Can u date a girl without asking her out?

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 12:35 pm
Have being thinking for a while now if it Is possible to date a girl without asking her out & how can it be done? + dont forget that during d old times most dads never asked our moms out & they dated each other & infact got married.
So why is that in our own time,if u dont ask a girl out u cant date her even thou u guys are already intimate friends & you talk a lot? & if it is possible to date a girl without asking her out,hint me.

chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 01:47 pm
@luukasztim,
How exactly did you father date your mother without asking her out?

The only possibility would be if the woman was doing the asking.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 01:54 pm
@luukasztim,
You may have a different definition of "dating" than I do. What does dating look like to you?

To me, it is when two people agree to do something together, such as get a coffee, go see a movie, go to the zoo, have a meal in a restaurant, relax at a botanical park together, etc. It is difficult to make such arrangements for a date without speaking to the other person about a time and place.

chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:03 pm
@Butrflynet,
yes. When he talks about "old times" I'm pretty sure he's referring to the times when you and are where teens or in our 20's.

I never dated anyone unless someone asked me (or I asked him) to go somewhere.

I'm not sure what he's getting at.

luuk....what is your definition or a "date", "asking out" and going out"?
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:17 pm
@luukasztim,
Gibberish......
Quote:
is possible to date a girl without asking her out & how can it be done?

You could phone-date her.

Or get a cardboard cutout of her and date that, you can date celebrities this way too.
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:21 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
Maybe he thinks back in the old times the boy would present the girl with a nice twig or something, and upon acceptance, they would set up housekeeping.
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:22 pm
@luukasztim,
In other words, you are a 12 year old kid who has no means of asking a girl out but you want to date a girl, ie be boyfriend and girlfriend, right? So sure, if that is your definition of dating, I guess it is possible. Just walk up and ask a girl to be your girlfriend, just let her know you won't be asking her to go out anywhere and do anything, but you would like to have her kissing on you and hanging all over you whenever the two of you happen to be together. I'm sure that will work.

As for the olden days, I just turned 55. I never remember dating anyone without asking her out. My parents dated each other for a while before getting married and I'm pretty sure my dad regularly asked my mom out. So I think you are greatly uninformed about how to do this whole dating thing, which is why I think you are closer to 12 than you are to 18. But of course, that is just my opinion/guess.

Oh, and by the way, it looks as though you improved your spelling. Congrats.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:24 pm
@chai2,
Aye... them were the good old days.

A twig !! .. ooh fancy.
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:28 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I've still got the twig from that first boy. I keep it in the sea shell another boy gave me.

Oh crap, now I'm getting all misty eyed.
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:33 pm
@chai2,
I would never let a boy give me a pebble.

I knew he only wanted one thing, and I'vd reject him right off.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:38 pm
@CoastalRat,
Kudos to coastalrat.

I'm even older than he is. Don't make me describe my first date - and dating was the mode then, or the mode I knew about at all.

I did already, it's here on a2k somewhere, maybe more than once since it was so awful, but we both lived on afterwards. I think I had just turned twelve. We went to the movies by bus, and back to my house where I said Thank you very much. Both of us nearly died of it.

Basically, we suddenly didn't know how to talk.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:41 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
I knew he only wanted one thing

Indeed, the pebble was a dead giveaway. ? ?

Smile
chai2

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 02:48 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
My older cousin accepted a pebble once.

She had to move to another town to even get anyone to offer her a piece of dryer lint.

I vowed I would never follow that path.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 03:01 pm
Given the whole pebble thing, suddenly this scene from Kung Fu has a slashy subtext.

Gonna go write me some Kung Fu slash fan fiction! W00t!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 03:08 pm
Maybe he is looking for a cotillion ball for debutantes.
0 Replies

luukasztim

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 03:22 pm
@CoastalRat,
Are u rili 55?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 03:33 pm
@luukasztim,
luukasztim wrote:

Are u rili 55?

Are u rili 2?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 03:42 pm
@luukasztim,
Quote:
Can u date a girl without asking her out?
Yes, if the chick ask U out, first
(or if anyone else matches the 2 of u together).

David
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 03:49 pm
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:
In other words, you are a 12 year old kid...your definition of dating

When I was a 12 year old kid in Britain, 'dating' was something that Americans did, that you read about in novels or heard about in films. To a certain extent that is still so. However we talked about something called "going out with" someone. This could be a purely notional thing, which didn't involve going anywhere, out or otherwise. It required only that both people deemed it to be so.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2014 03:50 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
We went to the movies by bus, and back to my house where I said Thank you very much.

This I like. No manners nowadays.