"If you think racism isn't part of the conservative mindset,

PDiddie

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 06:52 am
Oh. Of course.

Thanks for clearing that up, Sofe.

I'm sure Bob was just confused, as in this instance:

Quote:
Robert Novak, nationally known political commentator, has drawn criticism from all corners of South Dakota for racially charged remarks he made Tuesday (1/6/04) on CNN's nationally broadcast program, "Crossfire."

"In 2002, (Republican candidate John) Thune would have been elected to the state's other Senate seat, but the election was stolen by stuffing ballot boxes on Indian reservations. Now, Tom Daschle may have to pay for that theft," Novak said in an exchange with Democratic operative James Carville.

Carville called the statement "really out there" and said American Indians are "very patriotic Americans."

"Has Thune said that the Native Americans are election thieves?" Carville asked.

Novak replied, "No, I said it."

CNN's Novak under fire for calling American Indians election thieves
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 03:43 pm
Quote:
"Yesterday on MSNBC, televangelist Pat Robertson said the reason Democrats are still competitive in national elections, is that, and this is his quote, "African Americans don't cotton to the idea of voting for Republicans". Maybe that's because Republicans like Pat Robertson keep using "cotton" as a verb!"

-- Jay Leno
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2004 04:32 pm
Quote:
Why Bush will get 2% of the Black vote in 2004
Pickering got a recess appointment. I've been so distracted with other issues, I honestly didn't see this one coming.

I honestly don't understand how someone can place a wreath on King's grave one minute, and in the next appoint an old time segregationalist-----the irony is so thick, you could make a noose out of it and hang a person with it.

I don't see how anyone can justify any african american voting for Bush. He obviously doesn't care about the black vote, or black sufferrage for that matter.

Amazingly, some people don't understand why Pickernose is so repugnant to alot of people. Blacks are not the only group that is hostile to this figure. Look, most Jews would oppose a Judge who was a former Nazi, why should we have to endure a former segregationalist in the wings?

A good site to learn about that fool's record can be found here. There are websites that post info for and against that nominee. You have to decide for yourself what is true.

But all I have to say is this. Bush could have and SHOULD have found a nominee that was just as conservative and not as polarizing to racial (and other) groups. I can accept (not like, but accept) a conservative judge and right wing president. But why must our elected leaders and appointed judges--the very ones that are supposed to protect our rights----be folks who tried so hard to dilute and destroy our rights?
0 Replies