BBB
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:27 am
wink wink
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 11:29 am
Just to address the title of the thread, what exactly is Jessica eating these days?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 04:33 pm
well, whatever it is, Im sure it aint in Palestine W Va
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 06:31 pm
Will Rogers said in 1936'"Who says Americans ain't got a sense of humor. Just look at Congress." May I change that to "government? Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 06:42 pm
wiyaka. What the deuce is your avatar of?. It sorta looks obscene.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 06:54 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Just to address the title of the thread, what exactly is Jessica eating these days?

Funny you should ask that question cav. I heard the other day that her favorite meal (and the first meal she ate upon returning from Iraq) was: Turkey Breast...appleasauce...steamed carrots. Shocked

Who in the heck ever heard of turkey and applesauce. Confused Yuck!

Old Jessica's doing good for a hillbilly girl from Palestine, WVA. Oh, I heard her June wedding was called off. Maybe her cousin became available? :wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 07:23 pm
I was going to stay away from this thread, but you guys are real dicks sometimes.

What exactly is it that Jessica Lynch did that pissed you off so much that you could have an entire thread to debase her? Was it that she was a woman on the front lines of a war? Was it that her convoy was ambushed? Was it that she had broken bones and assorted other injuries? Was it that she was help captive by Iraqi forces? Was it that she was lucky to be alive once rescued?

You should all be ashamed of yourselves. If you are angry at the propaganda surrounding her, make fun of those. If it's the media that gets your ire surrounding these events, make fun of them. Hell, even if it it's Bush that you hate then make your comments about him. But, I don't feel there is anything Jessica Lynch has done that is deserving of your bigoted,hate filled remarks.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 08:28 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I was going to stay away from this thread, but you guys are real dicks sometimes.

What exactly is it that Jessica Lynch did that pissed you off so much that you could have an entire thread to debase her? Was it that she was a woman on the front lines of a war? Was it that her convoy was ambushed? Was it that she had broken bones and assorted other injuries? Was it that she was help captive by Iraqi forces? Was it that she was lucky to be alive once rescued?

You should all be ashamed of yourselves. If you are angry at the propaganda surrounding her, make fun of those. If it's the media that gets your ire surrounding these events, make fun of them. Hell, even if it it's Bush that you hate then make your comments about him. But, I don't feel there is anything Jessica Lynch has done that is deserving of your bigoted,hate filled remarks.

Go have some warm milk honey, the adults are talking and it's past your bedtime,and besides you know when you get overtired your hips ache and you get cranky.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 09:49 pm
farmerman wrote:
wiyaka. What the deuce is your avatar of?. It sorta looks obscene.

Not obscene, just artsie. :wink: Just for that comment, I'll post my Jump School picture from 1967. Twisted Evil Maybe that won't confuse you, unless I go to a more current one again.Lalalalala!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 09:51 pm
Well, the present avatar is beautiful and mysterious; on the other hand, my eyes are bad, it could be a head of very brown old lettuce...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 09:52 pm
Well, the present avatar is beautiful and mysterious; on the other hand, my eyes are bad, it could be a head of very brown old lettuce...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 10:14 pm
McG, I believe it's in the first post. She was among the motivational speakers in Set's junkmail. Re-read.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 10:23 pm
ossobuca,

The present avatar is my Jump School Picture, taken in July, 1967. I was an "innocent" Twisted Evil eighteen year old at the time.

I may eventually have a poll of the most vavorite avatar of mine and then decide if majority rules or not. I'll leave this one for a bit, but expect it to get a lot of comment.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 10:25 pm
favorite not vavorite. My tiny fingers miss letters upon occassion. Embarrassed
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 10:32 pm
Wiy, I like both avatars but don't discern them very well. It's a problem with avatars, in that at least I can't blow them up for a closer look, and probably noone else can either, and re me, I have slightly sucky eyes.

Don't worry about spelling. Some of us worry about it and some don't. Some of the swiftest don't.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 10:44 pm
ossobuco,

With trifocals on my nose, I understand how things get.

Regarding spelling errors, Ireally consider them as examples of creative spelling, as opposed to my creative speaking where word beginnings or entire words are mixed with other words. Sort of like what a person with hearing problems will sometimes hear...not exactly what the speaker meant. Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 10:47 pm
Well, I have sucky hearing and trifocals, and I'll raise you a .....

oh, never mind.

If you actually like creative spelling and words in general, consider the a2k word games, especially the acronym game and the word association game. These are seemingly hidden treasure troves of nuance, not on every post, but sometimes.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 06:00 am
I hhave no feeling in my left arm, so I hit keys pretty much by luck in that hand. I hardly ever come back to edit posts unless I reconsider the insensitivity of a word or if I get additional data. I never come back to change typos. I like it when the whole forum is a talk over the back fence and not a prepared speech.

wiyaka-you dont live along the Susquehanna do you? Turtle island is a big site for petroglyphs on that river..
0 Replies