What's going on? Uti?

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 02:43 pm
Earlier I had thought I was pregnant. Took a clear blue pregnancy test. Came out negative but it was 6 days before my supposed period. Also it was taken it night because I couldn't handle not knowing. I plan on retesting though. But now, I feel like I pee waaayyyy too much. I'm talking like 3 times in the last hour. And it doesn't burn though. But I constantly feel the need to pee. & it's usually not a lot of urination either. Sometimes. I just feel the need to pee and then I sit on the toilet & nothing will come out? Any ideas
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,174 • Replies: 2

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 04:42 pm
Time to get that urine checked out at the Drs.

It will tell you if you are PG.

Sounds like you have a bladder infection.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 05:24 pm
@Kytackett,
First i will recomend you to repeat the pregnancy test until your approximated period date to repeat the exam, preferentialy on the mornig with the first voiding. But if you want an earlier and must trustable result i suggest the pregnancy blood test, it is not expensive and is far more specific than the urine test. It shows positive within the week of the conception date.

Second, it does not seems to be an UTI. You don´t seem to have full symptoms. This questions are important though:

1. Do you are voiding frequently

2. Does each voiding is of a low volume

3. Does it hurts, itch, or burns while you void

4. Do you feel the perisisting need to void again even though you have already did

There is a raipid urine test that is made with a stick similar to a common pregnancy test. It´s commonly used in ER and on a doctors office and can help rule out infection easily. It is not expensive either but you can´t buy it over the counter. Of course the complete urine analysis is more effective but in many countries is more expensive.

Look for a Doctor of your trust and make an appointment. Don´t be shy and make all the questions you need. While looking for a doctor i recommend the following:

Don´t choose a doctor for his age. Is foolish since many old doctors had lost love for studying and many young doctors are full of knowladge and are handy with new ways to treat diseases

Find a doctor that is willing to take his time to explain things in a normal and easy way. And stick to him forever. Those are rare, since learinng medicine requires for a person to learn aproximatedly 5000 words it is considered by some like learning a new lenguage. So if he takes his time to make a traduction he cares for his patient.

Find a doctor that follows procedures, that talks to you about a plan for diagnosis, and that is not afraid of hearing different opinions.

I reccomend you to ask a parent of a child with asthma. Parents with that kind of child usually know a lot of doctors since their disease is really troublesome. Ask them for a Doctor that falls on to this criteria.
0 Replies