Worried I am pregnant? Please help..

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:46 pm
I recently had sex with my boyfriend. We used a condom. The whole time except for after we cuddled for about a half hour he put it in for literally 15 seconds before I had him put on a condom. I'm not on birth control. He didn't ejaculate into me but I heard that pre cum contains sperm?? Is this true? I'm not late yet for my period but I have been experiencing mannnny early pregnancy symptoms and I am sure that I am freaking myself out a little bit. Is there any way that my mind is making myself have these symptoms?? Please help.. I'm really worried. I'm only 17...

chai2

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:12 pm
@Kytackett,
Your mind could be making you have these symptoms, and yes it's possible you could be pregnant.

Get a pregnancy test from the drug store.

Kytackett

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:13 pm
@chai2,
How soon can I take one? I'm not due for my next period until the 2nd
engineer

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:24 pm
@Kytackett,
I'm not sure when you had unprotected sex, but the "morning after pill" is good for up to 72 hours and you can get one at a local drugstore. A couple of additional thoughts:
- I suggest you think about how you are going to handle this next time. This should be high on your list.
- Your boyfriend should be thinking about this too. If he's putting it in without protection, he is not doing either of you any favors, especially when there was one available and he ignored it.
chai2

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:27 pm
@Kytackett,
Look at the instructions on the box.

Also, google this subject and read medical information.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:28 pm
@engineer,
Good advice Engineer
0 Replies

Kytackett

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:40 pm
I feel like when I google stuff it just makes things worse because I almost believe everything I see & I start to make myself feel these things. I honestly think that I am freaking myself out because I can't seem to think about anything else at all throughout the whole day. Will my head make me believe I'm actually pregnant if I'm not? How likely is that
jespah

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 04:05 pm
@Kytackett,
WebMD is your friend. It's reliable information about health.

Can stress make your period late? You'd better believe it. Can it turn a pregnancy test positive (or negative) when it's not supposed to be? Nope. So get a test and follow the directions on the box. In the meantime (a) stop freaking out as it's doing you no good at all and (b) take your freak-out energy and channel it as a means of (as engineer and chai2 both said) determining what you will do when the occasion arises again.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 04:07 pm
@Kytackett,
I didn't mean googling about your fears (which are understandable) and making yourself think you are pregnant.
I meant google information as to the morning after pill and when you can take a pregnancy test.

As far as if your head can make you believe, you already asked that, and I answered.
How likely is that?
Now how in the world would anyone know in your particular brain how likely that would be?

Do some intelligent research, found on valid medical sites. Not sites where other 17 year olds are sharing all kinds of mis-information.
chai2

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 04:08 pm
@chai2,
jespah, we cross posted. good idea.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 08:14 pm
@Kytackett,
The chances that you are pregnant from "pre-cum" are pretty darn low. It is technically possible, but scientifically speaking, it is extremely unlikely.

I agree that you should get a pregnancy test, particularly if you are stressing about it. These tests are cheap and pretty reliable, so why not. But it is very unlikely that you got pregnant from 15 seconds of penetration with no ejaculation.

Kytackett

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 08:32 pm
@maxdancona,
Thankyou, you really helped relieve some of the stress. I'll get a test, but I think right now it's too early.
0 Replies