HELP!!! ASAP What should I do? My boyfriend's ex is back!!!

rosie04

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 12:55 pm
Im truly in love, I have been with my boyfriend for only 3 months now but I am sure he is the one, he is everything to me and has everything I need and want. Plus he is very good-looking.I m 20 and he is 22, and we are both in the same university.
We both had previous relationships, however he lasted 2 yrs with his ex and Im sure he was deeply in love with her, they seemed to have this perfect movie like relationship. They didn't broke up because of problems, but because she went to study abroad for 1 year and after distance complications they decided to call it off and see what happened when she returned. I met him then, and started going out after 9 months of knowing each other.
I know she is very important to him, even now when I ask about her he gets all mixed up with emotions, sometimes mad, other sad. Sometimes when I tell him he is the love of my life, he'll reply the same but not very convinced, he has never talked about us in long term. Don't get me wrong I now he loves me, but I know he never got over her, maybe Im just a way for him to forget her.

she is back and I've seen her for the first time a couple of days ago, when she went to uni to look for him, however he did not had class that day ( She is not aware I am his gf) BUT she is freaking perfect! 5ft 8, big brown eyes, gorgeous long light ashy brown hair, great fit body and she even has a great model style), no joke, she is that hot, rich, intelligent girl… and I am average.
I am so scared! I do not want to lose him, I know there is something strong between us that makes us compatible, he has told me. I want him in my future!

Please help! what should I do?!?!?! talk to him? and look like a control freak that knows everything about his ex… or what?! He'll know she is here fast.. and I do not want to.

chai2

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 01:18 pm
@rosie04,
#1 Movie relationships aren't real. No matter how perfect something looks from the outside, it's not.

#2 If you are sure "he's the one" after 3 months and you're 20 years old, wait 9 months more and reevaluate. If you think 9 months is too long a time, he not the one.

#3 If you think someone will leave you because of someone elses appearance, you're immature.

#4 If he does leave for that reason, he wasn't "the one"

And why are you screaming help ASAP! If you feel you need to have an answer to your life situation immediately, you have no idea what a long term relationship takes.

Life is not ASAP, it takes a life time.
0 Replies

luismtzzz

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 02:51 pm
@rosie04,
I think as well as chai2 that you are acting a immature. And that will not take you anywhere. You have to focous and be reallistic.
First something to boost a little bit your confidence if he is really handsome as you say maybe you are not as average as you may think. There must be something he liked of you. But beenig realistic theres no such thing as handsome or ugly because every opinion is completelly relative to the likes of an individual. There can be a girl who belives he is not handsome at all.
So then lets go to the real issues. Why start a relationship if he knew that her former gf was on a trip for only a year.
There are to options, the optimistic is that he likes you (note: i didnt say love you, don´t mix this up, we men go a little bit slower than women in that aspect of feelings). The pesimist he was bored and he needed a distraction and it happened that you where available.
So to be very clear you have to be realistic, you FEEL he is the one. But theres is no FACT. Real love expresses itself with commitment and dedication. Giving without expecting something in return, and RECIVING without asking. If you tell him that he is the love of your life and he answers the same YOU ARE FORCING THE ANSWERS SO ITS NOT A FACT. It will only count if he says it without expecting you to answer. The same works for trust for gifts for dedication for compromise.
So the only way to know if he is really yours is act maturely. In love neither prestige nor the looks nor money are relevant. If he feels something for you her ex would not affect you relationship, it can even came out of this situation stronger. If he leaves you... then my dear he was just being an a**hole looking for something to sooth his current lonelyness, you will be better without him.
Take life slowly as Chai2 said. Nothing is ASAP
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:33 pm
Three months is a short time to declare undying love. I can't see a guy doing that at all. It is unfair for you to call him the "love of your life.'

So this is more on your side, than his. He has been in limob all this time - he knew she was coming back.

Only time will tell, But you need to get your emotions under control and expect that he will be carrying out a plan he has had all this time.

Sorry, but that's what's going to happen.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 04:32 pm
@luismtzzz,
luismtzzz - I probably forgot to say welcome to you here, but I have liked your posts and think you are a neat new member.

Suggestion - when you make a new paragraph, leave some room, it makes it easier for us to read. Some new posters here write walls of text, sometimes bizarre, but often well written, and no one wants to read those over a cup of coffee in the morning.

Meantime, glad you are here.

And I agree with you on your post, entirely.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:41 pm
@rosie04,
You might talk to him, but maybe doing nothing is the right thing. It's entirely possible that he won't even be interested in her at this time.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 05:55 pm
@rosie04,
rosie04 wrote:
They didn't broke up because of problems, but because she went to study abroad for 1 year and after distance complications they decided to call it off and see what happened when she returned.

she's back and they'll see how it goes now

(you might want to back off on that love of your life stuff - it's waaaaaaaay too soon to be talking to someone like that - especially when you knew his girlfriend was coming back)
ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 07:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Sometimes I agree with ehBeth so much I want to jump up and down.

0 Replies

rosie04

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 10:13 pm
Thanks for your advice. I was desperate and hadnt realized I am being very immature. It is just difficult for me starting to know someone, falling in love slowly and then getting noticed about this girl. Now that I am way more focused and relaxed I get to understand that I just need things to flow. I do love him, and it will be hard if he goes for her, but then, as you very kindly have told me, he was not the one. No matter how bad i wanted him to be.
Thanks for your time, lets seewhat happens.
Rosie
0 Replies