Pick Up Lines! Surely We've Heard Them All! Got A Favorite?

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 04:53 pm
My daughter and I were visiting at the kitchen table last night and she said "Oh, you know what so and so said? He said ""Do you have a bandaid, cause I scraped my knee falling for you."" Isn't that soooo sweet, Mom?"

I thought, uh-oh. She's 15 and falling for these lines?

Then she tells me another guy friend said that if he could rearrange the alphabet he would put I with U.

Well, they are innocent enough. Do you have a favorite? One that made you run? Laugh till you pee'd your pants? Fall into his arms?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,604 • Replies: 37
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:31 pm
The line that I find highly effective is... "Hello, my name is Gustav. Remember that name because you will be screaming it for the next several hours."
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:41 pm
Hey Gus, try "Hey, Nice shoes! Wanna F***?" next time your out on the town. Reels 'em in every time. Wink
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:48 pm
This one works best in a crowded bar, and only if she's standing.

"I don't have a table reserved for us, but as long as I have a face, you will always have a place to sit."
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:53 pm
MAN you guys ARE BAD!!! Embarrassed
Now I KNOW you only heard those lines, right? UNLESS, the poor girl was DEAF.... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:54 pm
(Sorry guys, just correcting a damn dupe.) Embarrassed
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 05:59 pm
GUUUSSS! I'd definantly fall for that one! LOL 'Specially if you was a wearin' those bibs!
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 06:05 pm
i heard this line years ago:

guy: hey, baby, can i buy you a drink?

female: no, but i'll take the the 5 bucks.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 06:13 pm
ah, I used to sing to my daughter..Mommie put a bangine on..(that's what she called a bandaid) Now that old sore knees all gone.

Not a pick up line, squinney Just a way to ease the fear.

Still trying to do it..
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 06:13 pm
I'll show my age now...

One night a girlfriend and I sat at the bar and wrote down all of the pick up lines we got. It was a nice collection that filled several napkins... Wish I could find it!

One I remember was "So, why are you two so far from the airport?" (Quizzical looks exchanged here) "You're both so beautiful I just know you have to be stwardesses!"

"No, we aren't, honest, but thank you."

"Aw, come on. Then you must be actresses, cause I know I'd love to see you on film."

(Hysterical laughter due to obsurdity and alcohol ensues and we are unable to respond. He leaves wondering what on earth went wrong with that great line his buddy swore would work wonders.)
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 06:23 pm
just recently, i was coming out of the rain and entering a bulding and some guy said to me " hey, you'd better be careful going out in the rain like that, cause you're made of sugar and you're going to melt. "

i was incredulous, i mean, who the hell talks like that?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 06:33 pm
Wouldn't you just love to surprise them by becoming the date and girlfriend of their worst nightmare just to put the lines to rest?
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 06:47 pm
Hey Girls - Remember the days when it seemed EVERY guy would open with, "What's your sign?"
My girlfriends and I would wonder, how the heck were we supposed to respond? Perhaps with, "I'm a CAPRICORN with a moon in LIBRA, and you?" It was frustrating. Then one of my more creative, yet obnoxius girlfriends said she GOT IT.
The next time a guy came over and asked the fateful question, "What's your sign?" she looked him straight in the eye and answered, "MONEY SIGN."
Needless to say, we got quite a reputation after that. If guys wanted to approach us, they HAD TO be real, and leave those silly one liners at home. Cool
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 07:02 pm
Here's one that worked for me once.

"Those have GOT to be fake!"
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 07:04 pm
K.C. - Oh NO you DIDN'T! Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 07:08 pm
. . . and it WORKED!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 07:41 pm
And here's one that didn't work. The song "Funkytown" was playing. I walked up to the bar and said to this woman, "Won't you take me to . . . Funkytown?"

Totally ignored. What a horrible line that was. How embarrassing.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 08:16 pm
When I told Bear about our conversation he said, "I can do better than that. How about... Hey, you have a lifejacket? Cause just lookin at you my head is swimmin."

"Ugh!" from daughter and me.

"Okay, then how about this one...

I pooped my pants. Can I get in yours?"

YIKES!!!!!!! Oh M Shocked y Gosh I hope he never really said that to someone, but knowing him!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 08:18 pm
How about this one. I've got the F, the C, and the K, now all I need is you.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 08:32 pm
A woman I know once had this one directed at her: "You're pretty hot for an older chick." After which the kids vomits on the rug.

It didn't work. Perhaps the timing needs to be ironed out...
0 Replies