jespah

Sun 18 May, 2014 11:18 am
I'm just here to drop a video.
0 Replies

Linkat

Sun 18 May, 2014 11:51 am
@nononono,
Well I won't bore you with talking about my children - they are little monsters and do not deserve the time of day.

My little pet, rat though is completely amazing. He comes when I call him, he can count when I tell him two he wags his tail twice. He sleeps with me and he can talk well at least his sqeaking I can understand completely. And he won best rat in the city contest. Let me tell you how great he is!
roger

Sun 18 May, 2014 03:18 pm
@Linkat,
Well, don't stop there.
nononono

Sun 18 May, 2014 08:23 pm
I'm in my 30's and PERFECTLY happy in life without crapping out a litter of little demon children.

Why is that not socially acceptable?

And why does giving birth automatically give you godlike wisdom, instant martyrdom, and make you infallible???
nononono

Sun 18 May, 2014 08:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
it is possible to be a parent AND realize how annoying the non-stop yammering is

Do these people exist in the same place where unicorns do?
0 Replies

nononono

Sun 18 May, 2014 09:16 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Being a mother is the hardest job in the world

Any job you can do in your pajamas does not deserve this title.
ossobuco

Sun 18 May, 2014 09:18 pm
@nononono,
Wrong.
nononono

Sun 18 May, 2014 09:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Wrong

Oh, I'm sorry. Yes, watching daytime TV and taking a child to daycare is the equivalent of working construction. My bad.
ossobuco

Sun 18 May, 2014 09:41 pm
@nononono,
Many rather smart people work at home now, and what they wear is non of your business.
nononono

Sun 18 May, 2014 09:44 pm
@ossobuco,
And I bet it's SUPER dangerous work too. Probably a lot of workman's comp claims filed about fridges falling on them and stuff like that.
ossobuco

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:10 pm
@ossobuco,
You're talking to a woman who worked for decades in construction as a landscape architect who oversaw results, approved them or not, besides doing the plans.

Tell me all about your expertise.

I still say many smart people do work at home, some of the time or all of the time.

chai2

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:23 pm
@nononono,
nono

It doesn't appear you are reading the responses through.

We are basically agreeing with you, just not in the rude language you're using.

You're preaching to the choir.

Much as you may like it, this isn't going to turn into a bitch session on your account.

nononono

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I still say many smart people do work at home, some of the time or all of the time.

I'm not saying smart people can't work at home; I'm saying that pouring concrete is a harder job than changing diapers. That's all.
nononono

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:30 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
It doesn't appear you are reading the responses through.

We are basically agreeing with you, just not in the rude language you're using.

I am reading the responses. I appreciate them.

I'm just being "rude" because I need to blow off steam. Parents now encompass pretty much all my friends and family. It's suffocating.
ossobuco

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:32 pm
I got her until the snark about people working at home.

One of our clients was a music person, fairly liked in all that, hey, the Dys got him, and he had the Stones gather and produce at his property. Well, never mind, but that guy worked at home. He wore what he felt like.
nononono

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:35 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
One of our clients was a music person, fairly liked in all that, and he had the Stones gather and produce at his house. Well, never mind, but that guy worked at home.

That's really cool. I love the Stones ( the Rolling Stones right?) But sounds like that guy is privileged. Job doesn't sound like it's super hard labor.
ossobuco

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:37 pm
@nononono,
Being a genius takes some development. Not an easy flight. I love the stones too, which by now is atavistic.

To be clear but not give him away, he was very music aware, not at all a privileged person, so the opposite of your take.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sun 18 May, 2014 10:41 pm
@nononono,
Sorry if I have been bad at you, keep talking.
0 Replies

Linkat

Mon 19 May, 2014 10:46 am
@roger,
since you are so interested well here is a picture....

http://www.incrediblethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/indian-princess-for-your-rat.jpg
Linkat

Mon 19 May, 2014 10:54 am
@nononono,
As a parent (who besides what I wrote) love my children and love having them - I can completely understand the other side. To me everyone is different and one is not right over another. I much prefer seeing couples/people not having children than those that have them and do not care for them properly.

To me what is worse than those that think their children are the be all end all and nothing else is any where near to reach that god-like status... those that ignore and neglect their children and they run around like little demons.

I remember being on a plane and this little tyke is acting up and kicking the seat in front of him - basically being a typical toddler. Having a couple of kids with me too, I offered up some coloring books/toys and stuff to occupy the tot. The mom said no. What an idiot - some people you cannot even help - no wonder the kid was acting up.
0 Replies