I recently came out of the closet broke up with my gf of 3 years

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 09:24 pm
Its been about 3 weeks and I feel like I need her back. I have a 8 month old daughter with her, the best thing thats ever happend to me. Im confused on what to do I guess I just need some advice or someone to talk to since this is all new to me. Our relationship was amazing for the first year. I got kicked out of my house at 18 and I moved in with her. Ive been living with her up until 3 weeks ago. About a year back ive had a feeling she was messing around but I couldnt ever leave her cause of autumn my daughter... It just kept getting worse and worse to the point where it was always in my head, but i could never just leave her. I did cheat on her with another girl a few times.. Its just still hard for me to let go of her partially cause im still attached to her and the other part is because of autumn. I dont want her to have separated parents. My parents went through a bad divorce and I just cant let it happen to her. My ex seems to want to give it another shot but she says she needs time and I cant just be in the middle forever... If anyone can help me out if they have any advice on my situation it would be amazing. Im so lost and depressed right now and dont know what to do. Thank you

jespah

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 04:03 am
@Travis19,
You've got a ton of things going on, all at the same time.

One thing I noticed in your post is that the only hint that you're gay (or bi, or believe you might be) is the title of this topic. Otherwise, everything is about your past, your ex, and your daughter.

What that's telling me is that you're somewhat confused over your sexuality, beyond everything else.

But let's start with your ex. The following are not good reasons to remain in a relationship with someone:
  • You don't want your child to watch a divorce (this doesn't mean that people shouldn't try if there are children involved – I personally happen to think that they should. But if that's the sole reason to be together, it is not a good enough reason
  • You have no place else to live
  • You have issues, past or present, with your family
  • You think you owe your ex for past positive deeds (a nice sentiment, and it certainly means you owe friendship and good will, and possibly even money. But a relationship? No, you don't owe a relationship to someone who's been kind to you)
  • You're confused about your sexuality and have decided you may have made a mistake (because you might be confused again tomorrow, or next week, or whatever, if you get back together, and want to go back the other way)

I highly suspect you're bi. And of course you can have a fulfilling, wonderful life, and you can have a relationship where you are exclusive and faithful if this is what the parties agree to. But it does not have to be with your ex.

Your daughter, I might add, is probably far more resilient than you think she is. Better that her two parents are on the same page for raising her, and are not together if it's not working out, than to have them fighting and miserable for the mistaken idea that clinging to misery is somehow good for her.
darthtig

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 02:18 pm
@jespah,
I agree with Jespah, a lot of things going on at the same time.

Take one step at a time, take a deep breath, get yourself together, take care of yourself, be at peace with yourself.

When there's peace, you're able to think clearly and focus on one problem at a time. Take care, please.
0 Replies