10

Should I feel guilty about not helping my mother financially?

Linkat

1  
Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:59 am
@Jinn,
I think if you are 18 and earning your own money you should contribute (if you live with your mom) a little to the household - simply that is what you do as an adult, you pay your rent/heating/electricity. Now your mom should be reasonable as knowing you earn little money. Ideally you would work out a reasonable amount of monthly rent to stay there and then she should not ask you for more.

That being said it should have nothing to do with her being laid off or being needy, etc.

YOu are 18 and have the option as an adult not to live with her.
Jinn

1  
Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 01:59 pm
@Linkat,
Definitely understand this completely. It's really when she asks me for MORE money after I HAVE contributed, which is frustrating.

She's been getting calls for interviews, so I really hope she'll get a job here soon
Linkat

1  
Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 11:04 am
@Jinn,
I can understand that - and you should not feel guilty. Just be kind and say I'd like to help, but I am short on cash myself. Or better yet start asking her for a little - say seeing your getting unemployment you probably have some extra cash - I really need xyz can't you help me? That might put a sock in it.

OmSigDAVID

1  
Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 02:33 pm

Maybe u can pay her NOT to harass u ?

ehBeth

1  
Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 02:46 pm
@Jinn,
Talk to your dad.

Destr76

1  
Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What service? He didn't ask to be born. His parents chose to have sex and make baby. They should be responsible to raise him until adulthood so he could take care himself and not be a burden to society. He should not give his mom money when he barely make enough for himself. He needs to take care himself first before taking care of others. If he takes care ofor others and forget about himself, he will be drown. When he is drown, nobody can rescue him, but himself. His is why he should move out of his mom's place before he's going crazy. He doesn't need to feel guilty as he didn't do anything wrong. He is 18. He needs to explore and grow. He can't let his selfish mom drag him down.

Destr76

1  
Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:56 pm
@OmSigDAVID,

Ragman

1  
Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 01:20 am
@Destr76,
You may in the future want to check first for thread's time or datestamp. This thread is over 3 yrs old and inactive. Unfortunately, OMsig and the OP are no longer participating on the website.

That being said, welcome to the forum. Your contributions will still be read by others and valued.

cruzlorenzo

-1  
Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 05:50 am
@Jinn,
well you shouldn't