Should I feel guilty about not helping my mother financially?

Linkat

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 11:59 am
@Jinn,
I think if you are 18 and earning your own money you should contribute (if you live with your mom) a little to the household - simply that is what you do as an adult, you pay your rent/heating/electricity. Now your mom should be reasonable as knowing you earn little money. Ideally you would work out a reasonable amount of monthly rent to stay there and then she should not ask you for more.

That being said it should have nothing to do with her being laid off or being needy, etc.

YOu are 18 and have the option as an adult not to live with her.
Jinn

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 01:59 pm
@Linkat,
Definitely understand this completely. It's really when she asks me for MORE money after I HAVE contributed, which is frustrating.

She's been getting calls for interviews, so I really hope she'll get a job here soon
Linkat

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 11:04 am
@Jinn,
I can understand that - and you should not feel guilty. Just be kind and say I'd like to help, but I am short on cash myself. Or better yet start asking her for a little - say seeing your getting unemployment you probably have some extra cash - I really need xyz can't you help me? That might put a sock in it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 02:33 pm

Maybe u can pay her NOT to harass u ?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 May, 2014 02:46 pm
@Jinn,
Talk to your dad.
0 Replies

Destr76

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:53 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What service? He didn't ask to be born. His parents chose to have sex and make baby. They should be responsible to raise him until adulthood so he could take care himself and not be a burden to society. He should not give his mom money when he barely make enough for himself. He needs to take care himself first before taking care of others. If he takes care ofor others and forget about himself, he will be drown. When he is drown, nobody can rescue him, but himself. His is why he should move out of his mom's place before he's going crazy. He doesn't need to feel guilty as he didn't do anything wrong. He is 18. He needs to explore and grow. He can't let his selfish mom drag him down.
0 Replies

Destr76

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:56 pm
@OmSigDAVID,

What service? He didn't ask to be born. His parents chose to have sex and make baby. They should be responsible to raise him until adulthood so he could take care himself and not be a burden to society. He should not give his mom money when he barely make enough for himself. He needs to take care himself first before taking care of others. If he takes care ofor others and forget about himself, he will be drown. When he is drown, nobody can rescue him, but himself. His is why he should move out of his mom's place before he's going crazy. He doesn't need to feel guilty as he didn't do anything wrong. He is 18. He needs to explore and grow. He can't let his selfish mom drag him down.
Ragman

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 01:20 am
@Destr76,
You may in the future want to check first for thread's time or datestamp. This thread is over 3 yrs old and inactive. Unfortunately, OMsig and the OP are no longer participating on the website.

That being said, welcome to the forum. Your contributions will still be read by others and valued.
0 Replies

cruzlorenzo

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 05:50 am
@Jinn,
well you shouldn't
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Mon 2 May, 2022 10:42 pm
@Jinn,
Yes
Ragman

Reply Tue 3 May, 2022 10:57 am
@Mrknowspeople,
If you’re thought is meant to be addressing the OP, you’re a bit late for the dance. Note the date stamp is 5 years back. The member is no longer active.
roger

Reply Tue 3 May, 2022 11:53 am
@Ragman,
Come back in a few years and you can probably post the same thing.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sat 21 May, 2022 11:53 pm
@Jinn,
My advice is to get your expensive stuff out of your moms places without telling her. Then sit down with her. Literally be like "We have to have a talk" and break out her bills. Get how much she has to contribute ( meaning her paycheck or whatever ), and then break it down to the point where she is at via holding a roof over her head.

That is it. Do not give her a cent, more. Do not use the electricity, avoid using the bathroom, or stove ( gas ,oil, etc ), and realize she is using you as her main income source. Unless she is doing something for asides being your mother you have to lay-down the reality of the situation. You dad have his reasons for not being with her ( whatever it might be ) and now she is looking at you. It like these 40-60yo women looking at me because I am over the hump-age when they feel I will even do them, and the reality is hell no, no way. I am not going to be Mrs, Roberson personal lufa. I mean seriously is your mom getting you dates, giving you advice in life, is seriously planning your future or anything at all? What is she doing beside "being a woman" ( mentally ) who you do not sleep with ??? It is self-annihilation.

You need to grow and stop feeding this hooch green. The only person who should be feeding her is daddy. You want more child support ? Go to college, I forget maybe there is a loophole in that. Otherwise find some method of income so you can keep feeding this "etc" you call mommy who carried you in her belly-welly for nine-months and breast feed you and did not imacipate and then put you up for adoption ( as I keep advising all young and old mothers who husbands do not put in the effort to do once the breast feeding stage is over. Just let the babe be a ward of state if he does not commit ). Right now your feeding this girl green ( money ) and what use is she to you asides that one of a kind gal you call mom???

Like the movie title says "Get Out" your now her personal money-tree and if you do not organize her budget and limit your usage of her resources then your just pile-driving yourself down. That money is for you to grow and your work you did on your own. Not hers, not at all. I am sure daddy would agree.

Again how messed up was the break up? Or was mommy some prissy in pink and now she is in rags and all she has to show for it is her messed up belly.

Yeah go and give your mom enough money for plastic surgery to correct the damage you did to her breasts, chest, and bumbum and call it a day.
0 Replies