I got my ex boyfriend with a girl he likes- so why do I feel depressed?

Birtyo

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 11:56 am
SO, previously broke up with my boyfriend... We're still quite good friends and its was quite obvious he liked my best friend, so I got them together. Anyway, she liked him for quite a while (even when I was with him) so I said I'd try to convince him to date her. Well, I convinced him and now they're dating..... At first, I was fine. But later I saw them holding hands and kissing..... They'd openly talk about how great their relationship's going, in front of me! I don't know whats come over me.... I was the one who broke up with him! Why do I feel jealous? I don't know what to do..... I can't talk to either of them, mainly because I'm worried I'll look like I still love my ex..... Please help!

jespah

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 01:09 pm
@Birtyo,
I think you're feeling this way because you see two people together. It doesn't help that it is these two specific people.

Methinks you should find other folks to hang around with, at least for a while. Just be busy when they call. Give yourself a chance to experience life outside of this little circle and I think you won't feel so bad when you return to that same circle.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 03:54 pm
@Birtyo,
I've been in that situation and what you need to do is date someone when you're ready for that stage, too. Having some left-over feelings is normal. For the meanwhile, try to avoid the pain by not hanging out with them as a couple if you can avoid it. Don't second guess your choice and yourself. When you fixed them up, you made that choice for a good reason.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 May, 2014 03:56 pm
@Birtyo,
I think you're feeling oddly lonely, which is understandable. I wouldn't try to 'dump' them as friends, but give them and yourself some space.
0 Replies