9
   

Why do feminists believe that accused rapists should not be afforded due process?

 
 
Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 01:45 am
A common complaint by feminists seems to be that accused rapists can't be convicted due to insufficient evidence. They don't think that's acceptable.

Why not? The fact that you cannot be convicted of a crime without sufficient evidence is a pillar of the legal system. Imagine if you could be convicted of any crime without sufficient evidence. Imagine if you were in jail now because someone you pissed off decided to file a police report and the courts went "well theres not enough evidence, but you are going to jail anyway".
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 4,418 • Replies: 40

 
Buttermilk
 
  0  
Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 02:02 am
@Question2,
Let me say for the record that I'm a staunch opponent against the concept of feminism. Although I think the ideals of feminism, are noble, I just think philosophically, I am at odds with the concept. I say that because a lot of my opinions regarding feminism extend from those principles I hold.

You said:

"A common complaint by feminists seems to be that accused rapists can't be convicted due to insufficient evidence. They don't think that's acceptable."

It would help if you gave a concrete example of the "common complaint by feminists." For example hardcore feminists like Catherine Mackinnon and Adrea Dworkin in their anti-pornography movement, believe pornography is defined as the graphic [and] sexually explicit subordination of women. the subordination of women as argued by Mackinnon and Dworkin would be an example of a "common complaint" that is held by hardcore anti-pornography feminists.

I know I said a mouthful but just showing you an example.

Otherwise in your subsequent response I definitely agree with you. One of my biggest criticisms of anti-rape advocates is that there is no admonishment of those who falsely accuse people of rape for fear that such public or private chastisement would dissaude future (potential) rape victims. It seems to me like a double edged sword.


Question2
 
  0  
Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 02:08 am
@Buttermilk,
I did a search on google and quickly ran into multiple feminist articles, all complaining that "rapists" (they never use the term alleged) got off scott free due to insufficient evidence, and then complained about how the legal system was biased against women, or society was supporting rape or how easy it was to get away with rape.
Buttermilk
 
  0  
Reply Thu 15 May, 2014 02:14 am
@Question2,
Can you post some of the links you found. To prevent opposition and misunderstanding from others, copy and paste what feminist are saying and the language they're using.
glitterbag
 
  2  
Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 10:49 pm
I don't think that the people you describe as feminists want due process denied, even though it has been denied to many young women. Babies don't have an organization, does that mean penetration of infants is defensible because they haven't learned to speak??? Or are those diaper clad babies too sexy to ignore.
edgarblythe
 
  3  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 05:53 am
I am constantly reading that "rape kits" often sit unexamined for years, in many cities.
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 06:55 am
@Question2,
Question2 wrote:

A common complaint by feminists


how do YOU define feminist? who are these feminists? are they a voting block?




(speaking as someone who self-defines as a feminist but does not hold the belief that you seem to think feminists hold)
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 06:57 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

Let me say for the record that I'm a staunch opponent against the concept of feminism. Although I think the ideals of feminism, are noble,


today's questions for you

1) what is your concept of feminism?

2) what are the ideals of feminism?
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 06:57 am
@Question2,
Question2 wrote:

I did a search on google and quickly ran into multiple feminist articles


links please

how did you determine they were feminist articles?

0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 06:58 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
To prevent opposition and misunderstanding from others, copy and paste what feminist are saying and the language they're using.


would this be the same as me cutting and pasting what you say and saying this is what black men say/believe?
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 06:59 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

the people you describe as feminists


neither of the two earlier posters has actually described or defined feminists or feminism

let's not give them credit where none is due
0 Replies
 
Buttermilk
 
  0  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:19 am
@ehBeth,
No, because it would be idiotic of you to take the opinion of 1 black man and paint all black men. But white folks tend to do that (as in taking the degenerates of a single community and allocating those behaviors to the many) so it wouldn't surprise me.
Buttermilk
 
  0  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:27 am
@ehBeth,
1) Feminism suggest equality between men and women.

2) (See above) In addition feminism seeks to balance the playing field in society.

However feminism did not at least in the first waves spoke for women of color it spoke for historically disgruntled white women who felt, as minorities did since the creation of the U.S, discriminated against. Today's contemporary feminists seek to make victims out of non-victims. If feminist truly seek they would speak up for men who are raped in prison, dads who are victims of women who abuse our judicial system etc
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 09:37 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

No, because it would be idiotic of you to take the opinion of 1 black man and paint all black men. But white folks tend to do that (as in taking the degenerates of a single community and allocating those behaviors to the many) so it wouldn't surprise me.


how is it different for you to do the same thing in terms of feminism?
ehBeth
 
  2  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 09:39 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:
Today's contemporary feminists


do you not see how you are doing the exact thing you are complaining about in regard to comments about black men?
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 09:42 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
even though [due process] has been denied to many young women.


Please explain what you mean by this. I don't think you are using the term "due process" correctly.

I also fail to see why penetration of infants has anything to do with this thread. It is an underhanded tactic to try to equate any questioning of feminism with support for baby rape.
0 Replies
 
Buttermilk
 
  0  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:29 pm
@ehBeth,
Because hardcore feminism IS THE FACE OF CONTEMPORARY FEMINISM....Look at the UCSB shooter...women on CNN were making it into a misogynist issue. It wasn't. 4 men died and women on CNN made it into a misogynist discussion. What misogyny prompted Rodgers to stab his roommates?
0 Replies
 
Buttermilk
 
  0  
Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 12:32 pm
@ehBeth,
I am not complaining at all... When women start complaining about other women abusing the system just like I as a tax paying black man have to answer why blacks are on welfare, I'll give a **** about feminism.
0 Replies
 
wmwcjr
 
  2  
Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 12:30 am
Why do anti-feminists often have no sympathy for rape victims? (For example, witness the death threats received by the victim in the Steubenville case.) Why do anti-feminists often blame the victim? Why don't anti-feminists get upset when rape kits get lost by the police? Why do anti-feminists fail to recognize that rape is often not even reported? Why have they been silent on the issue of rape until the last few years?
hawkeye10
 
  0  
Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2014 12:39 am
@wmwcjr,
Better question: why are feminists determined to remove control from victims of sexual assault? Why do feminists pressure victims into turning over men for abuse and why are feminists adamantly opposed to victims doing what they think is best for them if what the victim decides is best for them is something other than subjecting their abuser to retribution from the state??
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Why do feminists believe that accused rapists should not be afforded due process?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/16/2019 at 11:54:02