What is a Racist?

Builder

Wed 14 May, 2014 02:07 am
@classicalcynic,
Too crass and generalised.

You're the one who mentioned non-whites.

Please explain.
classicalcynic

Wed 14 May, 2014 02:35 am
@Builder,
e.g. in the era of bruce lee there was japanese racism directed at the chinese, both of which are non whites.
the reason that its generalised is because it Encompass a general group, it can't be specified beyond that, or i don't posses the ability.
why don't you name a group of people and i'll tell you their race.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 14 May, 2014 03:02 am
Jesus wept, what rot. There are no races among humans, there is just the human race. That's a point which seems to elude a great many people.
classicalcynic

Wed 14 May, 2014 03:18 am
@Setanta,
geneticist would disagree
classicalcynic

Wed 14 May, 2014 03:24 am
@Setanta,
i suppose there are no races among dogs either german shepherds and poodles are one race...
actually many living creatures have many variations within the group. this is true with all living things... it's a realistic approach.
your retortical approach is accommodateing for unity but we still can hav unity without being lied to i.e. one race
0 Replies

Builder

Wed 14 May, 2014 03:28 am
@classicalcynic,
You'd be stretched to name even one, these days. Here's the consensus;
Quote:
Social conceptions and groupings of races vary over time, involving folk taxonomies[4] that define essential types of individuals based on perceived traits. Scientists consider biological essentialism obsolete,[5] and generally discourage racial explanations for collective differentiation in both physical and behavioral traits.[6][7][8][9][10]

Even though there is a broad scientific agreement that essentialist and typological conceptualizations of race are untenable, scientists around the world continue to conceptualize race in widely differing ways, some of which have essentialist implications.[11] While some researchers sometimes use the concept of race to make distinctions among fuzzy sets of traits, others in the scientific community suggest that the idea of race often is used in a naive[6] or simplistic way,[12] and argue that, among humans, race has no taxonomic significance by pointing out that all living humans belong to the same species, Homo sapiens, and subspecies, Homo sapiens sapiens.
Setanta

Wed 14 May, 2014 03:33 am
@classicalcynic,
Bullshit--show me one reliable genetic study which indicates that there are "races" among humans. All humans can interbreed successfully. That means it's a single species. Loon.
Romeo Fabulini

Wed 14 May, 2014 03:51 am
As a white hetero male, I've never felt the slightest sexual attraction towards black/brown/yellow women, it's as if my DNA is telling me- "stick with your own white race"..Smile
classicalcynic

Wed 14 May, 2014 03:55 am
@Builder,
it is not the case that there are any specific genes, that can be used to determine a person's race.
Race is a social concept, not a scientific one,'' said Dr. J. Craig Venter,
i guess ur right but the many peoples 18th century onward after the nazis had "scientific proof" of races and surperiorty of such races called scientific racism this was taught in schools and accepted socially. given the taboo nature of this subject i would still infer today's scientist being politically correct...
0 Replies

classicalcynic

Wed 14 May, 2014 03:56 am
@Setanta,
a horse can breed with a donkey, are they the same race?
Setanta

Wed 14 May, 2014 03:57 am
It appears that you can't even see when you have contradicted yourself. People still cling desperately to racism.
classicalcynic

Wed 14 May, 2014 03:58 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
asians r kinda hot but appearntly they don't shave their pussy...
i like a shaved pussy lol
0 Replies

classicalcynic

Wed 14 May, 2014 04:01 am
@Setanta,
well i didn't contradict my self, Dr. J. Craig Venter did.
but i'm hesitant to believe something based on the appeal to authority
0 Replies

classicalcynic

Wed 14 May, 2014 04:10 am
@Setanta,
as what i know right now is their is a scientific agreement that genetics do not define race.
but there are certain horses that can run faster than others, they are born with this ability. there are certain dogs that are smater than other dogs, they are born with this characteristic.
thus i come to the conclusion that some humans are born with characteristics that differ from other humans this does not mean surperiorty and inferiority but rather advantages vs disadvantages.
but as it appears so far people with physical health problems are gifted intellectually and blacks kicks ass at boxing lol
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 14 May, 2014 04:30 am
You truly are a racist. I'll tell ya what, don't talk to me, and i won't talk to you. Which would be just as well, because i consider you an idiot and a liar.
Romeo Fabulini

Wed 14 May, 2014 04:36 am
The Americans kicked the English out of America in the War of Independence so does that mean they were racist for not liking the English?
Likewise, were Americans racist for not letting the Mexicans take over the Alamo and Texas?
Of course not! Nobody wants foreigners muscling in on their country, so it's our patriotic duty to fight against it..Smile

PS- don't forget the ballot box is a powerful weapon, I've just voted UKIP (UK Independence Party) because they're the only party speaking out against mass immigration into the UK..Smile
0 Replies

classicalcynic

Wed 14 May, 2014 04:52 am
@Setanta,
guess what race i am... my favorite boxers are sweet pea whitaker and floyd mayweather...
Setanta

Wed 14 May, 2014 05:04 am
@classicalcynic,
As much as it pains me to think so, i'd say you're a member of the human race[/b], you incoherent, ignorant racist.
classicalcynic

Wed 14 May, 2014 05:16 am
@Setanta,
wrong guess again my favorite violinist are
Niccolò Paganini
and
Felix Mendelssohn
and
Antonio Vivaldi
Setanta

Wed 14 May, 2014 05:22 am
@classicalcynic,
Oh, i see, you're denying that you're human? Leaving aside the hilarity of such a claim, it would be a relief to think that someone as odious as you does not disgrace the human race.