"If God doesn't exist, everything is permitted."?

InfraBlue

Tue 20 May, 2014 07:13 pm
@neologist,
I'm not asking you to repeat yourself; I'm asking you to clarify what you're trying to say because your analogy doesn't make sense. You talk about achieving your ends--inheriting the earth--along the lines of something similar to strangling your enemies--those whose religious and political beliefs are at odds with yours--with their own entrails and burning them in their own house--in this I don't see any difference from al Qaeda--and then liken this to freeing one's family from kidnappers.
Wilso

Tue 20 May, 2014 08:55 pm
Religious people that come up with this crap are the most frightening of all human beings. They're stating that the only thing that separates them from Ted Bundy is their flimsy superstition.
0 Replies

neologist

Wed 21 May, 2014 12:44 am
@InfraBlue,
Well, the terrorist will set fire to your house and not warn you.
God will not set the fire. But he will warn you.

Most folks can tell the difference.
InfraBlue

Wed 21 May, 2014 07:38 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Well, the terrorist will set fire to your house and not warn you.
God will not set the fire. But he will warn you.

Most folks can tell the difference.

So, who's going to set fire to your enemies' houses? Who's going to deal with them with what amounts to strangling them with their own entrails?
neologist

Wed 21 May, 2014 11:38 am
@InfraBlue,
Somewhere along the line, you have disconnected the messages.
InfraBlue wrote:
So, who's going to set fire to your enemies' houses?
How are you able to assume that a situation I proposed in analogy should have any literal fulfillment?
InfraBlue wrote:
Who's going to deal with them with what amounts to strangling them with their own entrails?
Same with quotes from 18th century literature that were cited to show independent opinion of the depravity of priests and politicians.

Revelation describes the demise of the wicked, many of whom die in war against each other. There is a warning for rightly inclined persons to escape. I have faith that, by then, those who are so inclined will find safety. But, if you believe criminals should not be called to account, then you should study law and become a defense attorney.

InfraBlue

Wed 21 May, 2014 04:40 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Somewhere along the line, you have disconnected the messages.

I'm going by the tortured analogies you've provided.

nologist wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
So, who's going to set fire to your enemies' houses?
How are you able to assume that a situation I proposed in analogy should have any literal fulfillment?

Because that's all you've provided. So, what will happen literally in regard to the situations you've proposed in analogy?

nologist wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Who's going to deal with them with what amounts to strangling them with their own entrails?
Same with quotes from 18th century literature that were cited to show independent opinion of the depravity of priests and politicians.

But you had said a similar sitation would occur, though, that, "a reading of Revelation, chapters 17 and 18 does seem to predict a similar outcome; but with a warning to escape while one can."

noelogist wrote:
Revelation describes the demise of the wicked, many of whom die in war against each other. There is a warning for rightly inclined persons to escape. I have faith that, by then, those who are so inclined will find safety. But, if you believe criminals should not be called to account, then you should study law and become a defense attorney.

One thing is criminals being called to account, another thing is dealing with your religious and political enemies, which is what you were refering to in the first place, in ways similar, as you have said, to strangling them with their own entrails and burning them in their houses.

In regard to "criminals" and being held accountable, you believe in skirting responsibility for your own "crimes" by having a whipping boy take the punishment for them, counselor.
neologist

Wed 21 May, 2014 05:16 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Yes. Analogies and opinions of others. I could provide many more quotations from literature scathing both priests and kings. I thought one would make the point.
InfraBlue wrote:
One thing is criminals being called to account, another thing is dealing with your religious and political enemies, which is what you were refering to in the first place, in ways similar, as you have said, to strangling them with their own entrails and burning them in their houses.
I don't consider anyone my enemy.
InfraBlue wrote:
In regard to "criminals" and being held accountable, you believe in skirting responsibility for your own "crimes" by having a whipping boy take the punishment for them, counselor.
I may not survive God's judgement. My sins make me no worse or better than any one else who has ever lived. If the disciple Paul could be forgiven for his complicity in the murder of Stephen, then perhaps I may avail myself of the same undeserved kindness. At least I believe I know where to look. And I think it a kindness to direct others.
InfraBlue

Wed 21 May, 2014 07:11 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Yes. Analogies and opinions of others. I could provide many more quotations from literature scathing both priests and kings. I thought one would make the point.

Sure, one would make the point, but by your tortured analogies you’ve had to backtrack on what exactly you were trying to say. What’s more you ignore the question as to what, according to you, will literally happen in your scenario.
neologist wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
I don't consider anyone my enemy.

What do you consider them, then, in light of the bloody way you scathe them?
neologist wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
I may not survive God's judgment. My sins make me no worse or better than any one else who has ever lived. If the disciple Paul could be forgiven for his complicity in the murder of Stephen, then perhaps I may avail myself of the same undeserved kindness. At least I believe I know where to look. And I think it a kindness to direct others.

And yet you don’t address the point of skirting your own responsibility for your own sins by availing yourself in the manner that Paul did, and directing others to do the same, counselor.
0 Replies

Henkeboj

Thu 29 May, 2014 08:59 am
@alphajoza,
God is basically good but religion portrays God as evil !
InfraBlue

Thu 29 May, 2014 01:22 pm
@Henkeboj,
But you get your idea that God is good from religion as well.
Henkeboj

Thu 29 May, 2014 02:06 pm
@InfraBlue,
people misinterpret God and brought out religion
InfraBlue

Thu 29 May, 2014 04:20 pm
@Henkeboj,
Henkeboj wrote:

people misinterpret God and brought out religion

So, where did you get your idea of God in the first place?
Henkeboj

Fri 30 May, 2014 05:02 am
@InfraBlue,
I do not think "religion" - what it is today can even be linked to the "god". It serves no purpose

And I think that "religion" and "god" are very different concepts from each other.

God may still exist even if religion does not. if we think of God as the basis for the existence and nature. God can still exist without religion.

God is basically good but religion portray God as evil !

and

it should not have been a requirement that says "like this you must be"

You should be able to be the one you are and still manage!

BACKGROUND :

1.It is through that there is not a specific requirement how you mus be who we instead have space and all the time can change / improve ourself. The way you said that you should constantly be on will soon not agree to be after ( mode is changed and more , science ) , or if they said you have to constantly be on the way but so is the environment changing, then you can no longer be that way. You should never say that so must yo be because the "truth" will pretty soon be replaced by a another one. They made it to the truth that the earth was flat and the earth was at the center with more but was soon adjusted . It will never end adjustment of the "truth" . Therefore, everyone should not be forced into a single "truth" . It can serve as temporary " truth" but never constant truth and a lifetime is so short therefore you have to be after the way you have found valuable.
Reality is so multi-dimensional and consists of so much. The religious system that people are trying to create will soon prove not hold (although they may persist for long as a lie) .

3rd. Think of a wave. it moves in a certain way and then knock down . If one prevents the wave from moving he prevents the wave way to succeed in cracking down .

4th. If a tree , a flower, an animal are forced to grow in a another way than they really naturally would have done, it will not grow good .

5th. If a tree , a flower, an animal are forced to be in another than they really would naturally be, that it will not be good.

6th. Becuase " A dog will never be a good cat ."

CONCLUSION:

All this (1, 2, 3 , 4, 5 and 6) is an example that God is basically good but religion portray God as evil .

Religious system leads to the opposite of what is described in paragraphs 1, 2, 3 , 4, 5 and 6.
and makes it appear as though it is God's desire that individuals should be restricted.

Religious systems do the opposite of what is portrayed as desirable and good in 1, 2, 3 , 4, 5 and 6.

Because the religious system forcing individuals into a single temporary " truth" , and forces them to be , behave and express themselves from these temporary truths / laws that they say are permanent / eternal and universal . That is to portray God as evil by saying that they are permanent / eternal and universal .

the idea that truths are constantly being replaced by new truths is all about the stories and systems of the stories that surround us create a sort of temporary truths that controlls our thinking if we do not resist!

that we can constantly learn more and more and thus always able to improve our way of being .

inscrutability makes us free and makes life valuable and rich .

All could have a large inner universe to develop their thoughts etc. but religions have prevented it (so that Sunday school diminishes and furnishes a soul's
universe )

The religious system that people are trying to create will soon prove not hold!
(although they may persist for long as a lie ) .
It is an example of that God is basically good but
religion portray God as evil .
tsarstepan

Fri 30 May, 2014 05:46 am
@Henkeboj,
Henkeboj wrote:

6th. Becuase [sic] " A dog will never be a good cat ."

I beg to differ on that. Some dogs make better cats then certain cats can be themselves.
Henkeboj

Fri 30 May, 2014 06:09 am
@tsarstepan,
but it is clear that literally can not a dog be a good cat

But Figuratively speaking, you have right

But it is better that a good dog can develop into a great dog than forcing it to be a good cat
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Fri 30 May, 2014 10:37 am
@Henkeboj,
What you've posted certainly is religion. Also, you didn't answer my question.
0 Replies

tobytomsmith

Sat 31 May, 2014 03:02 pm
@alphajoza,
If you think this, please contact me.
Everything is permitted. Morale is illusion, although it is a handy and useful one. You can do everything you want! There is no judgement nor hell nor heaven. There is no afterlife, no justice nor peace. There are just real life consequences and only those are worth considering. God has no role here.
If you believe this, big things happens.
Please tell me I am wrong or I am not alone.
0 Replies

Baibars

Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:44 pm

<a href="http://sultani-thoughts.blogspot.com/">Philosophy&Psychology</a>
0 Replies

Baibars

Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:46 pm
<a href="http://sultani-thoughts.blogspot.com/">Philosophy Psychology</a>
0 Replies

Baibars

Sat 7 Jun, 2014 12:47 pm
http://sultani-thoughts.blogspot.com