Diet by Blood Type

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 09:49 am
http://www.bodyredesigning.com/faq.html

For instance, blood type A does best on vegetarian diet; O can eat red meat - so on.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,913 • Replies: 25
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 09:59 am
http://www.allhealthlinks.com/keywords/37/309.php
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 10:00 am
http://www.123skindoctor.com/blood-type.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 10:31 am
http://www.acu-cell.com/btd.html
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:16 pm
I had a book on this a while ago. I liked the idea, but never found out what kind of science went into it. I know the auther was a naturopath. And, I believe that they have a certain amount of medical school classes to certify as such.

I had a friend, at the time, who ate for her type (O)which meant she went from vegetarian to, basically, an atkins diet. She dropped weight and had more energy. I was already eating pretty much according to my type (A).

Have you been trying it, edgar?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:30 pm
I was already pretty much a vegetarian, and I had to quit most of the dairy in my diet a few weeks before I heard of this. Maybe people instinctively know these things (some of us).
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 06:36 pm
Until now, I have never heard of dieting by blood type. I'll have to look into this further, before I can add any input on this subject.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 06:51 pm
edgar, i read the book a while ago, it was given to me by a doctor and i found it was useful. for instance, i have o type blood, and for years i had a mostly vegetarian diet. i would find, when i ate fish, i felt so much better.

so now i eat lots of seafood, occasionally chicken, and once in a while red meat. some of the books recommendations regarding o blood are to avoid orange fruit and vegetables, which i simply cannot bring myself to do. i love oranges, mangos, carrots, etc.

i'm pretty neurotic about my health, i'm convinced my cholesteral is high, i'm getting diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. so, at best, the book is a guidepost to feeling better, at worst, i resent that o blood types are suppoed to avoid black olives, which i love and crave from time to time...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 06:57 pm
I believe we can follow a general guideline, and still indulge in a few of the no-nos if we don't overdo it.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:06 pm
i agree, edgar, but for me, it's the whole can of olives, and they have to be at room temperature
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:11 pm
Well, I won't peek in while you do it.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:17 pm
oh, it's nothing lewd, crack open the can, put 'em in a bowl, have a few, fold some clothes, pay a few bills...the perfect dinner
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:21 pm
I wasn't leering; just making conversation.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:24 pm
didn't think so, thought what you said was funny
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:29 pm
I eat meat almost every day, just smaller portions, now that my health is of more concern. - As an A, I am classified as the vegetarian. I don't follow rules very well.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:41 pm
My dad had angioplasty a few years back and they put him on a heart-healthy diet which included no meat except chicken. He dropped a lot of weight from cutting out dairy and getting tons of excersize, but he's never dropped the little pot belly. He eats lots of carbs, but has now cut back on those. He's heart-healthy now, so he gets a little steak now and then.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:58 pm
I get more excercise than I need on my job. That, plus fairly good compliance with my diet keeps me fit.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 08:44 pm
I posted the above because I had read the book about the blood-type dieting just a couple years before his diet change. I asked him what his type was (he thought O) and wondered if the diet guidance was wrong. His cholesterol didn't drop the way it should have dropped when he changed his diet and excersize routine. I know that our bodies produce cholesterol and that in a time of crisis (severe diet?) a body can crank out more cholesterol. My sister has been anorexic in the past and even though she ate almost no fat and excersized to within an inch of her life, her cholesterol was up around 240.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 08:51 pm
I have always taken issue with those who cut most fat from their diet. I personally believe in a diet that consists of as great a variety of foods as possible, while avoiding refined sugar and certain personal items (a different list for each one of us). I don't use a great deal of salt, but I use only sea salt when I do.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 08:55 pm
of course 'all things in moderation' is a good guiding rule in many ways.
0 Replies