I have a secret crush on my best friend but my feelings for him is more than just that

darkmelancholia

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 10:06 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
he is the only one who can tell what his feelings toward you are.

Quote:
If you are interested in him, and in having a more personal relationship with him, you need to consider asking him to meet you for coffee/tea/snack and to start to talk about fun, personal things with him.

I do have this second notion of planning for this kind of hangout aside from being in school, but I feel too scared to ask him out. He might be busy and would likely turn down my offer. And if the only solution is to know what he's thinking of then I have no choice but to really make the move. It sounds so awkward to me.

2 weeks ago when he fixed my psp he allowed me to decide what place we will meet and I told him to meet me in the mall. He agreed and we arrived at the destined place. Right after returning my psp I thanked him and told him that I have to go somewhere to buy at the bookstore. He insisted to come along with me as he has nothing to do at home (though I tried to tell him that I'm fine going on my own) but then I couldn't resist his kind offer.

So it seems that we did hangout, went to different places, mostly the ones that interests us both and talked about things we both like such as pets, books, world issues and gundams. This must be only casual I'm not sure if he's alright with doing personal things.

I'm afraid of feeling the pain of rejection.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 10:14 am
@darkmelancholia,
darkmelancholia wrote:
I do have this second notion of planning for this kind of hangout aside from being in school, but I feel too scared to ask him out. He might be busy and would likely turn down my offer. And if the only solution is to know what he's thinking of then I have no choice but to really make the move. It sounds so awkward to me.

if he turns you down you know for sure he's not interested

if he accepts your invitation you have a clue that he might be interested

relationships need both people to take some action

darkmelancholia

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 10:27 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:

relationships need both people to take some action

This needs a lot of courage, the kind of thing I haven't done in my entire life.

I fear rejection cause this is my 1st time but somehow this is a stepping stone to becoming stronger and earning the ability to understand issues like this.

Well, I really appreciate your wonderful help and advice. I'm learning from this. Thank you very much! Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 10:29 am
@darkmelancholia,
No doubt about it - the first step is scary. It's scary because there might be a no - and it's scary because there might be a yes.

It's kind of scary and wonderful all at the same time Very Happy

Hopefully it will be more on the awesome side.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 07:55 pm
Listen to ehBeth.

In love, it's better to regret having done something, than to regret not having done it.
0 Replies