Donald Sterling

Buttermilk

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 04:54 pm
@BillRM,
But his criticisms were never private. Did I not just say that the recent incident is not surprising? Sterling is a racist who settled out of court after being sued. Regardless of what is said in private he is an outed racist (put your klan hood back on)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 04:56 pm
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
you assumed "minority" means black

????????????????????????????????????????????????
Buttermilk

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 04:57 pm
I'm starting to like the rhetoric of "well, if he is a racist, then why does he have black players and a black coach?"

Seriously.....

That is almost like saying:

"I'm not racist I have bi-racial children" (Sounds familiar Bill)

Slave owners had children by their slaves so its not surprising that this man would smile in the face of hundreds of thousands of African-American fans, players, and coaches, but would call them all "niggers" behind their backs privately. Unfortunately many blacks, including myself feel this way today even in 2014.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 04:57 pm
@BillRM,
Oh you forgot? Shall I remind you?
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 04:59 pm
Buttermilk said:
"Minorities not only players but fans and consumers make up over 80% of this game."

BILLRM said:

"Blacks made up 80 percents of the fans that go to pro basketball games??????

Never seen figures but in Miami where the stadium is surrounded be a large black community there is always far more blacks on the floor playing then in the crowd."

Notice when I said minorities you immediately responded saying "blacks" as you know blacks obviously are one of the minority groups that exist in the United States. Like I said you're not too bright.
jcboy

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 05:33 pm
I figured that "The Donald" would have to weigh in on the matter, like it is any of his business, especially with his track record with successful relationships. Whether he was set up or not, he made the comments of his own free will with malice intent, Just one dirtbag commenting on another dirtbag!

Donald Trump attacks ‘girlfriend from hell’ for ‘setting up’ racist NBA owner Don Sterling

Quote:
Conservative mogul Donald Trump on Monday reacted to audio tapes of NBC basketball team owner Don Sterling reportedly saying racist things by blaming the “girlfriend from hell” for setting him up.

In an audio recording published on Saturday by gossip website TMZ, Sterling allegedly tells his girlfriend that she could have sex with African-American men like Lakers legend Magic Johnson as long as she did not post photographs of them on social media or be seen with them in public at NBA games.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/shutterstock_180341048-2-615x345.jpg
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 05:54 pm
Quote:
Mark Jackson: Fans should boycott

Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson had a clear message as to how
fans should react to the racist comments allegedly made by Los Angeles
Clippers owner Donald Sterling: Boycott Game 5 at the Staples Center.

"If it was me, I wouldn't come to the game," Jackson said Monday.
"I believe as fans, the loudest statement they could make as far as
fans is to not show up to the game."

Jackson was quick to point out that his advice doesn't apply just to
Clippers supporters but to Warriors fans as well.

"As an African-American man that's a fan of the game of basketball and
knows its history and knows what's right and what's wrong, I would not
come to the game tomorrow, whether I was a Clipper fan or a Warrior
fan," he said.
(espn)
ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 06:02 pm
Michael Rosenberg>INSIDE THE NBA
For Silver, removing Sterling as Clippers owner easier said than done

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140428/donald-sterling-los-angeles-clippers-adam-silver-nba/
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 06:03 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
Mark Jackson: Fans should boycott

wouldn't going to the game and everyone doing at anti racism exercise be more effective? This idea that everyone in the franchise need to suffer for the alleged crimes of the owner is barbaric.
Miller

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 06:59 pm
@Region Philbis,
I heard Mark Jackson, when he appeared on TV this past weekend. I've been a fan of Mark Jackson's since he played for St. John's University and since he went on to professional basketball and finally his job as coach.

I agree with Mr. Jackson when he said basically that many,many Americans feel the same way as Sterling does about race issues, but few ever talk about how they feel.

So, one could say that there are two kinds of racists : overt and latent.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 07:07 pm
I'm a bit surprised that Magic Johnson and the Rev. Ale Sharpton would talk about the morally of Mr. Sterling.

Didn't Magic Johnson contact HIV through sexual intercourse with about 20 or so different women ( please correct me if I'm wrong)?

Did Rev. Sharpton run the riot act on a group of white boys for supposedly raping a black female? And then...when the truth came out about the innocence of these white guys...Sharpton had to admit that he was wrong and that the alleged victim had made the whole story up.

Miller

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 07:15 pm
@Miller,
Now the rumor is that Magic Johnson wants to buy the Clippers. WOW!
Recall that Johnson was pretty friendly with the 21 year old mistress, who recorded Sterling's comments.

Could this be a setup? Something like a cheap blackmail?

Maybe Johnson and the mistress planned this whole affair together, merely to get Sterling so upset, he'd sell the clippers?

Stay tuned for the next event...
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 07:18 pm
Has Jesse Jackson ( another moralist) made any comments on the Sterling affair?

Maybe Jackson's son , the former politician from Chicago, will have something to say after he's released from jail.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 07:57 pm
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
Like I said you're not too bright.

An you are not too bright if you think or claimed that all so call minorities would give a **** about this matter with special note of the Cuban Americans in Miami.

They would only care if Sterling said something nice about Fidel in that recording.
Buttermilk

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 08:41 am
@hawkeye10,
No because you're paying not only the stadium but in turn, you are putting money in the owner's pocket. If fans don't show, the stadium doesn't get paid and loses money which contractually effects the owner (assuming fans boycott all 41 games). That is why people want to boycott
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 08:46 am
@Miller,
Magic's discretions has nothing to do with him contacting HIV. You cannot make a moral comparison between contracting HIV and being racist. Magic was a young man and grant it, he was married, the incubation for HIV can be between 6 months to 5 years which means he was an unmarried man who contracted the disease but let us not forget that promiscuity among professional athletes are common. Please don't make comparisons between apples and oranges
Buttermilk

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 08:48 am
@BillRM,
Who gives a **** about the boot heel of America
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 08:52 am
Quote:
Sterling’s Racist Rant Authenticated By NBA Lawyers

There are no longer questions remaining about the authenticity of the audio of Los Angeles
Clippers owner Donald Sterling making racially insensitive remarks.

Two NBA lawyers left the law firm representing V. Stiviano on Monday, and TMZ Sports’ sources
say that the lawyers are satisfied that the audio of Sterling is real, the outlet reported. NBA
lawyer David Anders and another NBA lawyer went to the law office of Mac Nehoray Monday
afternoon, and along with Stiviano, authenticated the audio clips.
(nesn)
BillRM

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 10:13 am
@Region Philbis,
Two lawyers repeat lawyers are the ones who authenticated the audio recordings!!!!!!!!

Have no idea that law schools now cover how to do audio voice prints how amazing is that!!!!!!!!

Bullshit on top of bullshit
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 12:04 pm

twitter:
NBC News‏@NBCNews·4 mins
JUST IN: @NBCNews confirms that Donald Sterling has been suspended indefinitely and fined $5M, according to a senior NBA official.