Donald Sterling

Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:03 pm
@Lash,
You're right EVERYONE doesn't see every post...I guess the last page as in click the back button to see the recent posts of Bill and Hawk..Judging by your ill attempt I wouldn't expect that of you.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:04 pm
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
David why should I tell people on this forum about myself when I'm already figured out as described by BillRM? Forget that I'm a graduate student who holds a 3.9 GPA forget that I also have a full-time job, pay taxes, have my own house, let's forget all of that! I'm just an angry black man...

Strange as I do not remember referring to you directly or indirectly in any such manner with special note of if you are angry or not an angry black man????????

In fact the only one who had come to some conclusion about a person character happen to be you labeling me a racist for daring to disagree with you.

Do you normally tend to try to put words in others mouths?

I do not thinks in terms of angry black or white men just the logic or lack of same someone used when making an argument or disagreeing with someone else on this system and if they feel the need to go off on personal attacks.

Frankly I do not have a high regard for you but that have nothing to do with you being a black or an angry black for that matter.

You seems to lack logic and fall back on emotions when someone challenge you. and of course name calling and libeling your challengers.

By the way do you also used the term uncle tom when it come to such people as Bill Cosby for taking the same kind of positions that I had taken on this thread?

In other word are you indeed a angry black man who will lashed out at anyone who dare to touch on some of the problems that the black community as a whole are suffering from?

footnote what blanket statements had I or Hawkeye for that matter posted on this thread concerning white/black/brown groups
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:05 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
And I do not believe most Americans want to live in that type of society.
However we increasingly live in a society that looks like East Germany, where snitch culture is encouraged, and the free flow of ideas is most certainly not.
Lash

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:12 pm
@Buttermilk,
I don't hop around at your suggestion. I saw that Sharpton and Jackson had been introduced, thought it was a bit lame, and I wasn't interested enough to read a few pages about it to see who'd said what. It's not my job. I comment when and if I choose, based on what I see, and how much spare time I have.

Glad to hear you don't have expectations of me. I won't expect you to apologize for any rare black person posting here, Sharpton, or Jackson. Guess we're square.
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:15 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What does my view on the TM trial have to do with anything?

Speculation leading to assumption is the problem I see in a lot of whites. especially when it comes to crime (as some always conveniently quote prison stats with no math background assume half of +43 million blacks--21.2 million are in prison when of the 40 million plus blacks 1% of the population account for prisoners, criminals etc but people assume half or most of us are).

At the end of the day I go by the individual not the masses, something I have notice in my adult life some whites have a hard time doing.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:16 pm
@Buttermilk,
That's easy. Some of us have dealt with those two for years and years taking over threads. Commentary about blacks is only one part of the problem (see for example, the rape thread) and now we don't feed them. Firefly alluded to that. But there is always someone showing up to feed the maw. They have a Never Stop action, and we learn to talk around it or - actually use the Ignore Button on their profiles - that is why the Ignore button was developed. The ownership here has been talking about a block both ways button, one of these days.
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:17 pm
@Lash,
Willful ignorance is indeed a virtue in your case
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:27 pm
@ossobuco,
I haven't been here for two years so as a newcomer first impressions are lasting ones. That is like you venturing to blackplanet.com in general chat you read "peckerwood this" "pale face that" then me telling you "oh don't mind them that's how they are." That is idle mentality because you're accepting irrational behavior.

I can almost gurantee if any of you tried to declare yourself white on that site and tried to pull that BillRM stuff there 99% of the forum would most likely get you to stop posting and run you off, I know I had seen it. Point is you can't expect someone new to take your words for face value cause despite firefly understanding how people are, he/she still is voicestrous in opposition of their view.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:28 pm
@Buttermilk,
I, for example, have maybe read one post of Bill RMs in years now, usually since someone insists on quoting him to respond.
The last thing I want to spend my time on is refuting his every utterance.

This is a site that is free to users and has worked out a way to have moderators spend their time on nixing spam and the like, answering questions in the Contact Us link, and so on, instead of trying to censor what people say. The site is "self moderating" or trying to be.

You can yell, like you are doing now, but you are misjudging the response (or apparent lack of it) to them.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:33 pm
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
quote prison stats with no math background assume half of +43 million blacks--21.2 million are in prison when of the 40 million plus blacks 1% of the population account for prisoners, criminals etc but people assume half or most of us are).

So you think that there is no problem with the rate black men are being placed in prisons compare to other sub-groups?

That is my state of Florida one in three adult black men can not vote due to having felony convictions and that is not a problem in your eyes?

We already have a must larger percents of our total population behind bars then any other major nation on earth and the black sub-group is suffering the most from our so call criminal justice system.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/U.S._incarceration_rate_by_race_2.gif
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:40 pm
@ossobuco,
Nobody is yelling. I made one post in which I wrote in caps to emphasize a point of view. Judging by your response and Lash's response, this is just one of these types of forums where it's a deal with it attitude as opposed to understanding my frustration with bigotry. I think that is the problem being the only black voice on this thread with this group of people. Instead of understanding my experience and my dealings as an adult and express that here I'm told to accept racist behavior because "that's how they are."

Well I see this is a forum I'll pop in once in a blue moon.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:45 pm
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
At the end of the day I go by the individual not the masses, something I have notice in my adult life some whites have a hard time doing.

So you do not wish to try to do something to reduced the total numbers of blacks being behinds bars in this nation as you wish only to deal with individuals and therefore demand that we be color blind even in the face of overwhelming injustice toward blacks with special note of the black underclass by the criminal justice system.

Kind of a confusing stand that seems to lack logic as a white citizen I am very unhappy about my fellow black citizens being warehouse in such large numbers in prisons but you as a black American do not wish this problem addressed?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:46 pm
@Buttermilk,
That's true, she's voisterous, and 99.5 % of the time I agree with her and she knows it since I will often have reacted with my takes. However, threads can go on and on to eternity with them arguing back with her. I'm amazed at her perseverance but even she has stopped responding on some threads to get a rest from the cycle.

This website was developed by a person who was a New York Times abuzz member, as are a bunch of us old timer posters. The NYT stopped paying for moderation and all hell broke loose and then some, but it was a great site to start with before hell showed up. The fellow who started a2k couldn't possibly pay for super moderating and is for many reasons open to world wide opinions and after some time worked out this self moderating thing. It's flawed and he and his later cohorts know it.

On thumbs, the default is, I think, that a certain number of thumbs down on a post means members don't see it, but a lot of us don't want others to choose what we see. (You can check that out in preferences).

Anyway, using the ignore button saves thumb muscles over the years, but the loss is that disapproval doesn't show up.
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:53 pm
@ossobuco,
See my point in Bill's response? Anyway I'm officially done. Excuse me while I hop to another forum where I actually belong
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:54 pm
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
I can almost gurantee if any of you tried to declare yourself white on that site and tried to pull that BillRM stuff there 99% of the forum would most likely get you to stop posting and run you off, I know I had seen it. Point is you can't expect someone new to take your words for face value cause despite firefly understanding how people are, he/she still is voicestrous in opposition of their view

Poor firefly and her group had been trying to run me off for over a decade now so do not get mad at her she been doing her very best.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:55 pm
@Buttermilk,
I'd rather you stay.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye do you ever get the feelings that this website in in the twilight zone at times?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:40 pm
I am interested to see that on Anderson Cooper Sterling was unwilling to assume that he gets the boot.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:47 pm
@BillRM,
You also cite these same prison statistics, in other contexts, to assert that blacks are more prone to criminal behaviors, and hence more dangerous, or lawless, and more to be feared, and consequently regarding them with suspicion is therefore justified etc. That's when you're not telling us they are barely civilized and always on the verge of rioting, looting, and burning down our cities--mindlessly led, of course, by Al Sharpton.

I can only imagine how sickening it is for an African American, like Buttermilk, to listen to this crap. I'm white and I find it sickening.

I don't wonder you can't understand how black NBA players feel when they listen to Donald Sterling's remarks, and why his own team players turned their shirts inside outside out, to conceal the Clippers logo, in protest of him, and why the players union wants to see him gone.

This thread is about Donald Sterling and the current situation with the NBA. And the irrelevant crap you're dragging in, and compulsively reiterating, is totally unrelated to the topic.

Sure, you're entitled to your opinions, just as Sterling is. And others are entitled to react to what you both say. And, as I said before, words don't get through to you, so I'll resort to images...this should be your avatar.

http://theoutloudblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/head-up-ass.jpg
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:54 pm
An interesting article about how Sterling came to acquire the Clippers and the man who sold it to him.

Clippers for Sale, and the Owner Who Was Desperate
By JOHN BRANCH
MAY 10, 2014
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/11/sports/basketball/clippers-for-sale-and-the-owner-who-was-desperate.html?ref=sports&_r=0

I'm learning a lot about the machinations of professional basketball, and team ownership.
0 Replies