Donald Sterling

Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 06:46 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Being an engineer has nothing to do with having the capacity to utilize common sense nor does it demonstrate an ability to critically think. There are plenty of physicians and nurses I know that measure patient medication and utilize complex medical instruments who lack common sense or intellectual autonomy. Most of them often forget to pay attention to detail and the fact that he has demonstrated a lack of intellectual ability here on a mere sports discussion says nothing about whether he was a retired successful engineer.

Anyone on the internet can be an engineer. I could be an astronaut. These are mere words but how he has demonstrated himself here, whatever he has said is suspect. As far as your comment:

"Can ignorance be forceful?"

Yes. If a racist person is presented with evidence that all Homo Sapiens are descend from the Homo Erectus who originated in Africa, and the racist willfully denies this claim despite insurmountable evidence, that is forcing oneself to ignore factual claims despite those claims being substantiated by factual and objective evidence. So in this case, if I challenge BillRM's notion that the slogan "no justice, no peace" and I substantiate my claim that it refers to a Biblical passage and that the philosophy behind that has some sort of spiritual/social context to it yet he refrains from actually looking at it and continues with his own bias that is willful ignorance and outright stupid.

It's about ignoring factual claims that contradict a person's beliefs. If someone ignores the basic mathematical principle that 2+2=4 and continues to believe that 2+2=5 that is not only ignorant but its also stupid because universally most people comprehend that 2+2=4. A 10 month old baby is ignorant of that fact because a baby is absent of any mathematical foundation. BillRM is a grown ass man who knows that every African American marriages are not related to this subject. He also knows that Jesse Jackson does not speak for all African-Americans as case in point, me being part of the all I've told him several times now he doesn't speak for me.

BillRM knows that all blacks are not violent (if such were the case he wouldn't have made it known he has bi-racial kids in his family). Yet if one maintains that a particular group is hostile despite the overwhelming evidence that is opposite of that then yes you deserve to be called stupid. It's one thing to be without knowledge, its another to know a thing but refuse to accept that truth.
panzade

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 06:48 am
Not to be too cynical, but some posters are forgetting that the NBA is a franchise and the Sterling decision was made for pragmatic, financial considerations. That it happened to coincide with a moral principal was a happy coincidence.
If a Hobby Lobby franchisee was giving away birth-control pills with customer's purchases they wouldn't own that store for very long.
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 06:51 am
@BillRM,
Blame the news media, don't blame black people. Black people have no control over "white media" whether democrat controlled, or republican controlled, or liberal, or conservative. I also find it hypocritical of whites to point out hypocrisy of others such as so-called black leaders and racist vitriol yet remain silent when the likes of Bundy, Sterling make racist comments.

It is one thing to be outraged at an African-American making racist remarks while protesting the racism within one's own group. It is another to remain silent about the racism within one's own group but want to point out the hypocrisy of racism in another group, which you've been doing this whole ******* thread Mr. Engineer.

You've instead of calling a spade a spade you've shifted your focus on Sterling to black families, to Al Sharpton to Jesse Jackson, to blacks and hispanics in the L.A riots, to Jesse Jackson, to social hypocrisy. If you were a civil engineer or some type of engineer I feel sorry for whoever hired you because you're supposed to remain focused on one subject but instead, you went on this tangential rant.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 06:55 am
@panzade,
That was my point way early in this thread. This really isn't about morals, this is about a financial move by a private organization. A perceived racist is bad business and even hypothetically Sterling remained on board and let's just say for shits and giggles that Sterling won, investors, star players and the like would be less likely to play for an outed racist. The Clippers would eventually lose endorsements and money.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:33 am
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
Yes. If a racist person is presented with evidence that all Homo Sapiens are descend from the Homo Erectus who originated in Africa, and the racist willfully denies this claim despite insurmountable evidence,

I question that theory of where Homo Erectus got it start??????!!!!!????

Quote:
who knows that every African American marriages are not related to this subject

It sure the hell related to your claims that all black citizens problemws relate to the history of slavery and white racism however!!!!!

Quote:
BillRM knows that all blacks are not violent

Most blacks are not violent any more then any other grouping in society however it the violence members of society that are the problem and making excused for those with black skins that are violent is not helpful.

BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:35 am
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
star players and the like would be less likely to play for an outed racist. The Clippers would eventually lose endorsements and money.

So it is still his team and his money to lose if that should happen.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:43 am
The Daily Show take off on the LA clipper.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/3hh1o6/taking-the-la-clippers-for-a-spin
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:27 am
@BillRM,
For an engirneer your grammar is atrocious! I understand occasional mispellings and typos but damn dude...Anyway this thread has gotten boring and for the most part 98% of the people disagree with you BillRM, so I'll leave this burnt out thread in your capable hands.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:55 am
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
most part 98% of the people disagree with you BillRM,

Do no know where you came up with your figures but they do not matter in any case.

I been ahead of the curve many times in fact sometimes decades ahead of the curve. Ninety eight percent of the population can be dead wrong.

Let see in the early 1970s I told a federal judge in court that I could not be a juror on a marijuana smuggling case as I did not believe in those laws and would not find anyone guilty under them.

It nice to see the society slowly coming to the same kind of conclusion forty years later about marijuana being illegal and the wisdom of tying up law enforcement resources.

Then for many years I been beating the drum on computers and internet security for the average user and now thanks to the NSA and Snowden society is moving in my direction.

I could go on and on but those two examples should be enough for now.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 09:15 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
So it is still his team and his money to lose if that should happen.

You obviously can't be bothered to read mine and Buttermilk's posts as can be seen by the above comment.
I'm outta here with Mr B. This thread has gone from an interesting compendium of ideas to a non-stop barrage of your garbage.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 09:48 am
@Buttermilk,
Right! (I'd been enmeshed in the NFL draft stuff and the letters stuck to my brain)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 09:56 am
@panzade,
Quote:
from an interesting compendium of ideas to a non-stop barrage of your garbage.

I will need to send you a copy of the book "How to win friends and influence People"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 10:02 am
@panzade,
That is disheartening but I can see why.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 10:49 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
That is disheartening but I can see why

I can see why also as any resistance to the media driven and PC approved story line of an evil/rich/racist Jewish team owner that should have his property taken away from him is upsetting to some minds.

Anti-semitism is look upon with far more favorably then racism directed toward blacks it would seems by some.

That is why both Jackson and Sharpton could get away with slurs directed at Jews or even promoting violence toward Jews for that matter.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 11:06 am
Here in Olympia we have an extremely leftist subculture called the Greeners....last year they put a locally nonpracticing jew owned (half the couple I believe, the other half never was a jew) restaurant out of business because the were called "kitzels jewish deli" even though they had nothing to do with Israel under the theory that spending money at this business was a show of hostility towards the Palestinians. There were petitions and demonstrations.

Two points: 1) leftist stupidity can be extraordinary
2) hating the jews, or at least certain jews, seems to be fashionable in some quarters.
BillRM

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 11:15 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
hating the jews, or at least certain jews, seems to be fashionable in some quarters.

During the freedoms rides though the south done to challenge and to break the back of legal segregation a lot of the voluntaries happen to had been young Jewish men and not a few of them ended up being killed as a result.

That is why I can never understand the degree of anti-Jewish emotions in at least parts of the black community.
Lash

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 11:31 am
@BillRM,
Same reason poor whites are the loudest against blacks. The lowest on the totem pole are desperate to push someone else beneath them. That's why it's so great to be gay...
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 11:37 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
That is why I can never understand the degree of anti-Jewish emotions in at least parts of the black community.

it is all about the black victim story.... the jews tend to do well economically, the blacks not so much, and according to the blacks this has to be someone elses fault. As always jews are easy scapegoats I am not sure were we are at the moment but for a long while successful hard working asians were opening businesses in majority black areas, which ginned up a lot of black hostility for the same reason. Blacks will not open up enough business in black communities so seeing an opportunity the asians did, and for following the American Dream got called the new abusers of the always abused blacks.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 11:39 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Same reason poor whites are the loudest against blacks

the reason is that both groups are competing for the underclass scraps, and the whites resent that the government buys into the black victim story and then throws a lot of money at them when they dont deserve it.
Lash

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 12:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawk, you can't possibly believe that black Americans are trying to sell a "victim" story. You and I would be significantly different people if we'd lived the black experience. Work on your empathy just a bit. Not sympathy or white guilt - just a just realignment after a perverted entry into American society.