Donald Sterling

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 08:12 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Here are examples of the double standards we are living with. Jackson can slur Jews and remain a powerful public figure for decades afterward.

Then we have Al Sharpton who help promoted a riot where Jews was killed and he is still a national figure.

But when Stirling in a private conversation does not wish his girlfriend to be recorded in the company of black men and we are going to take his team away from him!!!!!!!!
I think at the end of the day that it gets down to white men being the only class that is it socially acceptable to hate, and the being a jew did not save sterling from this.
BillRM

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 08:16 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I agree that your point bears thought.

Thanks and I am sure that everyone will agree with my opinion that Stirling is a very crude gentleman that is out of phase with society even more then his advance age would call for.

Still once more I do not see how his comments and wishes he expressed in what he have every right to assume was a private conversation with a lover call for his lost of his team or any other such level of punishment.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 08:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
New flash David communism is as dead as the holy Rome Empire of even Carthage for that matter so with all due respect you might wish to stop seeing the world in terms of communism and anti communism.
BillRM

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 08:34 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I think at the end of the day that it gets down to white men being the only class that is it socially acceptable to hate, and the being a jew did not save sterling from this.

I also find it amazing that the new media in this case have only one voice with zero balance in the reporting.

Kind of frighting how the new media is leading the mob with all flags flying in this case.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 08:48 pm
@ossobuco,
osso, you have misunderstood my comments. We seem to have these miscommunications more often than not in the past few years. I'm very sorry if it caused you unhappiness. A closer reading of my comments would clear it up.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 08:50 pm
@Lash,
I did read closely.
That's true.
I still like you.
We spatted early on, too.
Lash

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 08:56 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't consider this a spat. Just a miscommunication.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 09:00 pm
@Lash,
Ok, I do too.

Not to get mushy, but I like your brain some of the time.
BillRM

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 09:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
but I like your brain some of the time.

Will need to try that line on my wife........ Drunk
ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 09:31 pm
@BillRM,
Lash and I know each other sort of forever. There is real regard, plus arguments arguing about arguments. Now we just scratch once in a while.

We have met. I do like her in real life, and I am guessing similar for her, not to presume.

I think we both and all want children well.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 09:47 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

New flash David communism is as dead as the holy Rome Empire
of even Carthage for that matter so with all due respect you
might wish to stop seeing the world in terms of communism and anti communism.
I brought out a point.
U dont seem to have gotten it.

It has to do with politically correct favoritism.

David
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 10:05 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
but I like your brain some of the time.

Will need to try that line on my wife........ Drunk

Son of a gun, you actually have a wife?????? That's disturbing, maybe she's just a glutton for punishment, bet she doesn't exist.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 01:21 am
@hawkeye10,
As an observer I don't really give a **** about who or what Sterling thinks of Black people. He has one foot on a banana peel and one in the grave anyway. but frankly his views concerning blacks are uncalled for and to think one would be wiseer at his age. But with respect to discrimination I couldn't expect someone white who thinks like you to understand.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 01:24 am
@hawkeye10,
Stabbed in the back? You really going hard for Sterling
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 01:27 am
@ossobuco,
WTF are you babling about?
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 01:33 am
@ossobuco,
"as a whity move"

First off, I didn't mention your ethnicity. I asked you what does you neice have to do with the subject because I couldn't make the connection. Nice to know that automatically you ASSumed that you thought I was referring to you as "whity." (In my Chinese Voice) Sooooo sorry I wasn't talking about your race. I was talking about the nonsensical correlation between your family and this thread. You yourself even had to look back at what you meant in what you said regarding your family. I wish you'd get over your nonesense. Thank You Berry much.
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 01:38 am
@BillRM,
Blacks-Mud people?

Interesting correlation....

This website is showing its true colors. No wonder my fellow African-Americans continually have issues with whites regarding racism.
BillRM

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 07:55 am
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
Blacks-Mud people?

Interesting correlation....

That is a example of a slur word that had been used against blacks by KKK type of racists along with the N words two words that sterling did not used in fact he used not one slur word that I hear again blacks in that tape that somehow is so bad that it call for him having his property taken away from him!!!!!!!!!

Not even the milder slur words that the "great" civil right leader the Rev Jackson had used against Jews such as Sterling nor did Sterling fan the flame of hate toward black unlike Sharpton had done that help resulted in deaths of innocent Jews at the hand of a black mob and a black gun man.

All he said in that private tape is that he did not wish his mixed race girlfriend to have pictures taken of herself in public with black men however she could have any relationship she wish to have in private!!!!!!!!!
Buttermilk

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 08:19 am
@BillRM,
I am quite well aware of racial slurs as it has been hurled towards me and my family for decades (of course at a distance and never to our face) but the point is Sterling didn't have to use racial slurs to be racist. I'm not denying that the conversation was private you keep vomiting that defense which has been duly noted already. My point in response to that was if Sterling didn't have a track record of being racist, perhaps his fate wouldn't have succumb to this in the first place. If Sterling wasn't cheating on his spouse and messed with Stiviano, his fate wouldn't have succumb to this. If Sterling practice equitable business practices, and didn't discriminate based on ethnicity his fate wouldn't have succumb to this.

Also re-read your final sentence:

"All he said was she can hang out with them in private not public" (Of course quoted imperfectly)

Do you understand how wrong that is?

"Black people are ok so long as I don't hang out with them in public"

BillRM

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 08:28 am
@Buttermilk,
Sorry but you or the news media should not get to sit in judgement of the man for such factors as him being disloyal to his wife.

At least half of the US presidents and some of the great ones was not loyal husbands.

Hell two of our major founding fathers cheated on their wives. We might still be part of the UK if is was not for Benjamin Franklin who one day show up with a son he had father out of wedlock for his wife to raised and Hamilton who set up the banking system of the US was found to had cheated on his wife.

In his public life Stirling had won one award from the NAACP and was schedule in a few months to be awarded another one from the NAACP.

It had gotten so crazy that on this thread someone had attacked him for giving a thousand free tickets to poor black school children.

His outlook on life is not one that I share still once more it hardly reach the level of taking away his property no matter how hard you are looking for excuses to do so.