who remembers EX often, men or women?

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 06:00 pm
I was wondering who remembers more the EX men or women? I am asking from the perspective of women being more sentimental attached than men. Are women more attached or do not like to remember a person who did not understood them. As men, is it like a trophy? Is it good to say, "I have had 10 women and I have a list of them..." I would like to know if my girlfriend remembers her ex or exes because I do. I love my girlfriend to death and I would not like to be with other person than my girlfriend but again, is it because I am a man?
Please let me know your opinion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,458 • Replies: 36
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:24 pm
I think it's complicated. I think both men and women remember important exes in their lives equally.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:50 pm
I think men remember and dwell on their exes much more than women do. They may keep it to themselves however, until they're experiencing a weak moment, then they let the cat out of the bag. Big mistake!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 01:55 am
I think it's about the same, but women tend to be more open with their feelings, where men tend to keep that stuff to themselves. In that case, it's hard to say.
0 Replies

shiny

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:04 am
i beg your your pardon.but what is ex??
don't laugh at me ,i just don't know.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:10 am
I think about my ex all the time. She's a good friend of both me and squinney and she hangs out over here with the son we had together who lives with me, and she is a big supporter of my band, coming to most shows. I think her new husband is a really nice guy as well.

Our marriage was a screw up. We dealt with those issues. Life is short. We get along, and are actually fond of each other.

That's my third wife. My second wife I think of every time I check my stool for blood. Laughing

My first wife passed away. I was at the funeral and the wake after, and was in contact with her before her death. She was a good woman. Too good for the likes of me, not unlike squinney.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:22 am
And ex is a former spouse - the person you are divorced from.

My ex dumped me for a new redhead and has not looked back since. So I doubt he ever thinks about me. He has a new wife, a new child, a new house, and a new car. Why would he ever think of me.

On the other hand I think of him all the time.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:33 am
Oddly enough a situation fitting this topic surfaced last week.

The First Mr. Noddy, a passionate, opinionated, overweight, heavy drinking and often abusive man was admitted to a hospital 300 miles away with congestive heart failure.

The marriage was over 25 years ago. My sons were launched 20 years ago. Since then my contact with him has been at a glorious minimum. I'd rather accumulate happy memories.

I gave my older son a certain amount of sympathy for his father's condition, but did not ask that good wishes be passed along. Child beating is unforgivable in my books.

The Second Mr. Noddy is much more distressed than I am about his predecessor's condition.
0 Replies

newboyfriend

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:54 am
ex-boyfriend/ girlfriend/ wife/ husband
I agree with Misti26. I as a man, remember my ex-girlfriends because they have certain qualities that I liked but it is not something that I remember everyday or on every experience that I live with my girlfriend now and I have lived before. But I never was deeply in love with any of them as I am now. My current girlfriend is the woman I always wanted to have, because I've known her for 11 years. But now that little doubt is in the back of my head; is her mind thinking about an ex? Is she with me or with someone else? Put it this way, "mental cheating"
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:55 am
shiny, as nobody has addressed your post, an ex is someone you used to date, or used to be married to.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:56 am
Oops, missed Joanne's post. Smile
0 Replies

newboyfriend

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:58 am
sorry shiny
Upss sorry shiny. Yes I meant Ex-boyfriend/ girlfried/ wife/ husband / mate. Thank you cavfancier. :wink:
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:11 pm
well im a newbie here...i remeber a lot from past relationships...

not just sex but dealing with converstaions places we went and things we did sometimes good and sometimes bad.

some of us can talk more openly than others...
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:16 pm
Welcome to A2K Ian!

I have an ex fiance that I didn't really think about for years until September 11th happened. That's his birthday. So, now, since 9/11 happened I always think of him on that day and what a awful birthdate that is to have.

I think that in general, men may be more sentimental and tend to remember the good times morso than women, who I think, tend to remember mostly the bad stuff that happened in the former relationship.

0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:17 pm
I've only had one girlfriend, and a current wife. And I really miss my ex. I love my wife to death, of course, but I can't just bring mysefl to forget about someone I love. Ew, but she was so cruel in the end.
0 Replies

IAN442

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:21 pm
doglover,

i got a LOT of bad stuff to remeber...its that stuff that gets saved for the really crappy menial tasks of life.

channel the frustration and anger to something useful and great things are accomplished.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:24 pm
doglover wrote:
Welcome to A2K Ian!

I have an ex fiance that I didn't really think about for years until September 11th happened. That's his birthday. So, now, since 9/11 happened I always think of him on that day and what a awful birthdate that is to have.

I think that in general, men may be more sentimental and tend to remember the good times morso than women, who I think, tend to remember mostly the bad stuff that happened in the former relationship.

I disagree. Remember the good over the bad is a mark of character, not gender.
In my breakup we both only remembered the bad for a long time, even though she meant a lot to me, and I always thought about her.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:27 pm
SCoates...Shame on that woman for being cruel to you, you're such a lovable guy.

Ian...that's so true. I find, personally, that when I'm most unhappy, during painful times in my life, that's when I am the most productive/creative.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:31 pm
SCoates wrote:

I disagree. Remember the good over the bad is a mark of character, not gender.
In my breakup we both only remembered the bad for a long time, even though she meant a lot to me, and I always thought about her.

I think it's more about perception and selective memory S. The experience I have is that my female friends tend to bad mouth their ex most of the time. On rare occasions do they say something nice.

My male friends are more likely to come across as less bitter about their ex.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 10:34 pm
My wife and I celebrate our 25th anniversary next month. I love her and don't have a regret in the world.

But before we met, I was engaged to someone else. When she ended it, I took it very hard. It took a long time to get over her. I try hard not to, but sometimes I still can't help thinking about her.
0 Replies