Colonic Hydrotherapy

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:46 pm
I know that coming from me the first impression would be that this is some sort of sophmoric joke post, but I am a pretty healthy bear and have a strong belief in taking care to let the body heal and protect itself, regardless of my past alcohol and drug abuses.

The idea that colonic irrigation and ridding that area of toxins will positively effect ones general health and well being makes a lot of sense to me, and I wonder if anyone here has had the experience and what you can offer pro or con about it.

I almost died from a horrible case of acute ulcerative colitis in the mid eighties and I am as a result a candidate for colon cancer, and so it's something I think about.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,223 • Replies: 57
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:49 pm
I can't help it - I have this vision - it involves BP and a garden hose...
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:49 pm
That's the version offered at the HMO...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:50 pm
I've heard good things about it. I had a colostoscopy done some years ago (yes, different procedure), and it freaked me out a little with that tube up my ass. I would try it out though, BPB.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:50 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I can't help it - I have this vision - it involves BP and a garden hose...

Paypal me 19.95 and I'll send you a password to my live cam site......you old perv..... :wink:
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:56 pm
well bear I get the scope everyyear for the same sort of deal, I just love the few hours after doing the Go_lite process - feeling all clean and purged - but it's a pain in the arse getting to that point Wink
matter of fact it's next week.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:59 pm
Yes I have the sigmoidoscopy or as some call it the semi colon every year, and I've had a few full on colonoscopies. Not pleasant.

They say that properly administrated, seriously, colonic irrigation is not uncomfortable and the health benefits are legion.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 03:59 pm
this is one of those things you want to be proactive on bear, knowing you - you ought to think of it as wild sex on yourself.
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:06 pm
I think people often times forget the colon is packed with a number of protective synergistic bacterial species that HELP YOU.

Would you think that rinsing out your stomach would be good for you?

Your colon cannot retain toxins.... it's very purpose is to get rid of them .. disrupting your finely balanced ecosystem isn't a good thing.

Thumbs down to this useless and potentially harmful idea.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:47 pm
Intestinal bacteria do produce toxins that are also carcinogenic. Thus, one should eat a diet rich in fiber and if necessary undergo a colonic lavage at frequent intervals.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 07:48 pm
wenchilina wrote:
I think people often times forget the colon is packed with a number of protective synergistic bacterial species that HELP YOU.

Would you think that rinsing out your stomach would be good for you?

Your colon cannot retain toxins.... it's very purpose is to get rid of them .. disrupting your finely balanced ecosystem isn't a good thing.

Thumbs down to this useless and potentially harmful idea.

interesting....what of the theory that when waste becomes impacted and hardens your colon loses the ability to eliminate toxins? and what of the fact that every thing I've read about this procedure states that you wouldn't want to flush anything farther than your colon i.e. small intestine or stomach and correctly done this does not happen?

I'm not arguing, I'm asking you to expound...
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:19 pm
if a person isn't 'regular' then yes I suppose it would be beneficial .. however as long as one is 'regular' there is absolutely no need for colonic irrigation. None. The colon absorbs water, and the rest is crapped out. A tube with a hole in the end, that constantly sloughs off its lining and the bacteria that inhabit it, that performs a function of absorbing water from the matter that is passing through it constantly, cannot very well hold on to toxins. Unfortunately much of the so called scientific " evidence " in favor of these proceedures performed on healthy individuals is ancedotal.

My apologies if I came across as antagonistic in my last post.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 08:38 pm
Bear:

So what is the Freudian significance of this thread and the "Subtle Whitewash"?

(aside to wench: apology accepted.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 10:55 pm
Uh, my ex had a long scene about this in one of his unproduced screenplays...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 04:30 am
friend wench no offense taken no apology necessary.

Pdiddie maybe it's because my mother and her gay lover used to tie me to the piano leg and give me enemas when I was around 10 and then beat me, but would reward me with cocaine after. That could explain some things.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 04:39 am
Wenchie does make some good points. I find that fibre and tons of water usually does the trick if I am backed up. As for BPB's childhood, I thought I was the only one....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 05:26 am
perhaps we should start a support group......there's grant money available for any damn thing.......
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:07 am
Er - if one is not "regular" ought one not to change diet/fluid intake until one is?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:15 am
dlowan wrote:
Er - if one is not "regular" ought one not to change diet/fluid intake until one is?

It's not a question of regularity...it's a question of the build up of impacted and hardened, you know, that everyone on a western diet has that prevents the colon from doing it's work.

Irrigation sort of cleans the slate, levels the playing field, and gives the body the chance to do its own work to keep you healthy. It's a tool. Like all tools, it's not the only one for the job but can work with other tools such as proper diet and exercise to enhance the bodies natural ability to police and heal itself.

This makes sense to me and there's a body of work and research to back it up.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:22 am
I have no impacted you know........
0 Replies