Am I being selfish to my boyfriend

jayla09

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 08:42 am
@izzythepush,
Precisely. I've been wondering about this too. I'm really caught in a dilemma.
0 Replies

jayla09

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 08:43 am
@ehBeth,
I will have to pay a large sum of money which I can't afford haha. I really don't think he can wait for me. His dad has a fairly big business and business can't just stop for me. His dad is getting old and he really has to take over the business soon.
Germlat

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 02:56 pm
@jayla09,
Jayla..be honest with yourself. Can you put all of your needs on hold ? Should you? And what happens if you do get together...will you even know each other then? Are you so decided on the idea of loyalty before there is even a ring on your finger. Do you have any desires and wants. Do you want to sacrifice your youth to a phantom relationship? You could have more now!! Don't waste time.
jayla09

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 06:45 am
@Germlat,
Well... It's not really a phantom relationship. If he does work in China, wouldn't I be the selfish one if I left him when he is just trying to build our future? Sorry if it seems like I am dismissing everyone's suggestions. I just want to make sure I will eventually make the right decision whether I stay with him or not.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 07:16 am
@jayla09,
Have you asked him what he is willing to do to make the relationship work? it really sounds as if all of this is up to you - esp when there is talk of children.

I personally don't think a long-distance dad is a good dad, esp when children are small. He needs to be living with his children for at least the first decade.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 07:17 am
@jayla09,
I suggest you re-read your first post.
0 Replies

jayla09

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:38 am
@ehBeth,
You are right. I am just in denial. I'm the only one working for our relationship. Thanks a lot. Sigh.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:37 pm
Germlat - is this for a different thread?
Germlat

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 06:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Realized on time and deleted it..giggled at myself though.
0 Replies