Was she trying to flirt with him? What does this mean?

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 01:04 am
I've been going out with my girlfriend for almost 6 weeks. Things have been going well, i like her and she likes me. She delete her facebook the 4th day we've been going out because guys keep flirting and she didnt like it. Neither did i. Heres the problem, one of my friends called me a while ago and was asking how our things going between me and my girl. I said fine. and he send me a screenshot of a message him and my girl texting. (Side Note: They use to be close friends, and nothing more) The message showed my girl sending my friend a picture of him and a comment saying "Damn! Wink" He said he was showing me this because he didn't know what it meant. He later told me to go through her phone and check her messages. Hes a good person and i assume, he is looking out for me. What does this mean? Was she trying to flirt with him or just a friendly comment. Idk what to think of it? What would you do? Should i ask her about?

anonymously99

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 01:13 am
@thatkidalex11,
Investigate for a while, but secretly. You should discover the answers for your concerns soon.
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 05:37 am
@thatkidalex11,
Only she knows what she meant by it. You can either ask her about it or you can just assume it was just a friendly comment unless or until you see other signs that she isn't as sold on you as you are on her.

jespah

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 06:01 am
@thatkidalex11,
thatkidalex11 wrote:

..... He later told me to go through her phone and check her messages. ...

Only do this if you want to break up. This is a major league invasion of privacy and a clear sign of mistrust.
anonymously99

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 06:13 am
@thatkidalex11,
She is untrue to you. Test her more to discover if she truly loves you. I'm sure she does and that she was simply complimenting the guy.

You shouldn't worry.

She loves you. But take control before you lose her to her ignorance.

Quote:
"Damn! " Wink

I never stated the above mentioned to anyone unless out of my ignorance. I didn't mean it in that way.

My cover up for her.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 07:00 am
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
Only do this if you want to break up. This is a major league invasion of privacy and a clear sign of mistrust.

I agree with this. In fact I think the whole deleting of the facebook was a bad sign. It can cause problems later down the road. I think flirting is not a bad thing, in fact it can be a compliment in a way. If she wants to be with you and is "loyal" to you but flirts, that is not a bad thing.

The facebook issue is something she is trying to bury but ultimately there will come a time when she regrets doing that and it will cause a problem. For example what happens if she one day reinstates it? It will piss you off because you'll wonder why she did that. No amount of explaining will make you feel better about it.

I think the more compromises in a relationship the more tense the relationship becomes. A lot of people want to ignore this fact. As soon as one problem arises these compromises are often abandoned which lead to additional problems. I say make the fewest compromises as possible and the relationship will be much more healthy and pleasant.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 01:16 pm
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:
Only she knows what she meant by it. You can either ask her about it..
Ask her!!!
glitterbag

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 01:23 pm
@trying2learn,
I'd be suspicious of a friend who communicates with my girl/boyfriend, suggests she might be flirting and then urges you to spy on her phone. If she isn't flirting, she's going to be pissed at you for going thru her phone.

We're talking about a 6 week relationship, it's not a 10 year marriage with 3 kids.
thatkidalex11

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 01:34 pm
@glitterbag,
Lmfao! True (Sidenote my friend never replied back to her.) I'm not planing to go through her phone. I might ask but i dont know
trying2learn

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 01:38 pm
@glitterbag,
I would be suspicious too. The op wrote she didn't like it...Did she tell him that? Something isn't right about this story.
thatkidalex11

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 01:53 pm
@trying2learn,
Whats wrong with the story? She said she didnt like when guys messaged her, when they knew we were going out. The day we starting going out she changes her relationship status, but guys still kept talking to her. She told me this and on her own (without me telling her) she deleted her facebook and was happy about it. So i didnt force her to delete it. Plus my girl and friend are close friends and text each other it doesn't bother me, untill my friend called me. and send me that screen shot. Anything else you want me to clear up???
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 02:19 pm
@thatkidalex11,
thatkidalex11 wrote:
Lmfao!
Really?
thatkidalex11

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2014 03:20 pm
@trying2learn,
"We're talking about a 6 week relationship, it's not a 10 year marriage with 3 kids." I found that funny. He's right and i could be overreacting!
hikeno

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 06:32 pm
@anonymously99,
That right the best way is to keep it secret to find more clues to add up. Saying something will let her think you don't trust her if what you're thinking is not so.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 08:33 pm
@thatkidalex11,
thatkidalex11 wrote:

"We're talking about a 6 week relationship, it's not a 10 year marriage with 3 kids." I found that funny. He's right and i could be overreacting!

I'm not a he, I'm a she, and as crazy as this might sound, men flirt with married women and vise versa. It makes me uncomfortable, and your pal is fomenting unrest. I think you should step back and check his motives. If he's supposed to be her pal as well as yours, why is he making it seem she is untrustworthy. It doesn't pass the smell test.
0 Replies

Stargate - Jill

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2014 10:51 pm
It could mean anything. The best way to know is to ask her.
0 Replies