How to talk to a girl you haven't spoken to in years?

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 06:57 pm
Okay so I dated this girl four years ago when we were freshmen in high school. We went to different high schools. We were never really boyfriend and girlfriend but we were the closest thing to it. We dated for a few months and everything was great until she ended things because she said she wanted to meet new people. Although we had only been dating for a few months, I was completely heartbroken and I was never really the same person ever again. I dated a few girls after she ended things with me but I could never get her off my mind. I even dated a girl for a whole year and I still thought about her almost everyday. She dated one guy after we broke up and that lasted all through high school until they broke up recently a few months ago. I recently added her on Facebook again after deleting her off my friends list. I deleted her to see if I could get over her (never happened). I can't stop thinking about her and I really want to talk to her. The only form of communication I can have with her is through Facebook. She now goes to college about 4 hours away from my college so I can't talk to her in person (I would if I could). Please someone help me. I don't want to message her on FB sounding like a total creep because I am not.

Some things I know:
Her older sister and some of her best friends from high school go to my university (I haven't spoken to them since the break up)
Summer is coming soon so we might be in the same city in a few weeks.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:06 pm
@Sora1995,
Why do all these things start out, "Okay so I ...."?

Why would she find you're cyber stalking creepy?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:10 pm
@Sora1995,
Is there a reason you can't send her a note on FB giving her your phone number? if she's interested, she can call you.

If not, you'll know that you really need to move on.
Sora1995

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:17 pm
@ehBeth,
I just don't know if I should wait until school is over for the semester or if I should message her now.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:18 pm
@Sora1995,
Why wait?
Sora1995

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 07:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Final exams are now
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 09:02 pm
The shock may kill her or at least affect her chances of advancing to Uni, right?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 09:10 pm
@Sora1995,
Sora1995 wrote:

Final exams are now

and ... ?

get in touch

you're not asking her to marry you next week. you're just offering your phone number, in case she'd like to talk to you sometime.

it's NOT a big deal.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2014 09:12 pm
@Sora1995,
hey X
crazy with exams right now isn't it
here's my number if you ever want to talk
555-425-5555

that's all you need to do
0 Replies