The Thot Plickens

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 05:22 pm
One of my employees and his girl friend got a call Saturday from a couple they know asking them to stop by their house outside of Cville. The couple were on vacation in California and were a bit concerned about a cryptic message sent by their son (aged 19) who was home alone.
You know where this story is going.
Allen and his lady got there Sunday morning and discovered the kid and a friend trying to clean up after what must have a pretty good sized party.
No one was dead, but Allen noticed that the son was walking awkwardly and there was a pile of muddy clothes and shoes. Hmm.
The kid admitted that he had had a few friends over and that they may have tapped his parent's stash of booze.
And, oh yes, his car had been stolen overnight.
My store is a half block away from UVA's big hospital. We have an issue with people parking in our lot. I don't want to be a jerk so if we happen to see visitors to UVA we direct them elsewhere. Employees are dealt with more sternly. And, on rare occasions, we do tow.
Monday I noticed a car in the lot. We put a note on it but it was still there Tuesday and today. Another employee called the traffic division of the police department. They said that, since it was on private property, it was of no concern to them. But they would check the license plate number. 30 seconds later we were told that it was "a vehicle of interest" and we should not touch it.

The police came. The kid and his parents came. Evidence was taken from the car.
And Allen became the prime suspect. After all. he knew about the party, albeit after the fact. And the car ended up in the parking lot of the store where he works. And he also owns no car but has a valid license.
He was fingerprinted and had to give the policeman one of his cigarette butts.
One of my other employees volunteered that Allen is a quite talented actor and the police should be aware of that. The cop was amused.

This thread will self-destruct in a few hours.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,808 • Replies: 8
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 05:36 pm
@realjohnboy,
No good deed goes unpunished, they say..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 06:02 pm
I have to know -- what was with the muddy clothes and shoes?

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 06:20 pm
@boomerang,
It was a dark and stormy night...
The booze had been consumed but the party was still going. It was considered to be a good idea, perhaps, to go to the 7-11.
But the car couldn't stay on the road.
Perhaps that might explain the muddy clothes and the kid's gait when Allen met him the next day,
boomerang

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 06:21 pm
@realjohnboy,
Well now I'm having flashbacks to being a teenager...

Thanks!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 07:18 pm
I just love a good story told well.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 08:45 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
And Allen became the prime suspect. After all. he knew about the party, albeit after the fact. And the car ended up in the parking lot of the store where he works. And he also owns no car but has a valid license.

I would sue their asses off if I was Alan.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 08:51 pm
@JTT,
It's time for the cone of silence.
JTT

Reply Wed 9 Apr, 2014 09:33 pm
@glitterbag,
That's downright 'Murican of ya, glitter!
0 Replies