Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 12:11 am
One of my best friend recently got a huge heartbreak because of a girl who told him that she doesn't prefer intelligence over beauty. My friend is good looking though not as much as the girl. But do you think that only beauty is relevant in a relationships? My friend by the way, is super intelligent.
So would you prefer beauty over intelligence too? I know I'd not.

Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 02:04 am
What constitutes beauty and what constitutes intelligence are both highly subjective judgments. I don't know that you can expect anything other than a subjective answer to your question. Additionally, beauty and intelligence cannot necessarily be considered to be mutually exclusive traits.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 02:34 am
@Krrypton,
The girl sounds like a real winner.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:20 pm
@Krrypton,
Intelligence is beauty.

I am very unattractive but if I choose to I can look very attractive. As far as intelligent. I don't claim one of the most intelligent but I believe I'm fair. I could had been rather smart, very intelligent if I would not had suffered depression causing my ignorance my entire life. I know what I could had been. I don't really matter. I'll die one day. Get killed. Whichever. Yeah I think about it more often than not. I seriously feel I could had done quite fine without these two idiots having fucked with my head couple years back. But who knows. Everything happens for a reason. I am trying to understand I need to accept how my life is.
anonymously99

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:32 pm
@Krrypton,
You would be surprised at how many intelligent men insist on acting immature due to they being afraid of rejection because of how they look; weight, facial appearance, etc.

It is rediculous. When I was eighteen, nineteen I went for the heart of a man. He needed a home, a job, a good heart, all his teeth(a good smile), a fairly in shape body... this was when I was eighteen, nineteen years old. Found my now husband when I was eighteen. Married at nineteen finally. Now at this point in my life, I understand how important intelligence is. I've matured slowly since I was eighteen, nineteen years of age. If I were to seriously get a divorce I would find a man of great intelligence not caring about how attractive he is in hopes he's not the mind game playing type. I'm done with attractive men and their mind games no matter how intelligent they may be. They've cost me a lot and are unaware. Sad story.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 10:44 pm
@Krrypton,
Being shallow is immature hun. Giving you a head's up.

Oh. And you're not fooling me.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Tue 8 Apr, 2014 11:44 pm
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:
Intelligence is beauty.
My thoughts too.
0 Replies

danniealbert

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 05:05 am
@Krrypton,
Beauty over intelligence could be a wrong pick
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 09:01 am
@Krrypton,
Krrypton wrote:

One of my best friend recently got a huge heartbreak because of a girl who told him that she doesn't prefer intelligence over beauty. My friend is good looking though not as much as the girl. But do you think that only beauty is relevant in a relationships? My friend by the way, is super intelligent.

I am completely and utterly shallow, I prefer both. I can't stand a beautiful idiot. Even less so if they are ugly idiots.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2014 01:14 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Even less so if they are ugly idiots.

Such as yourself. Rolling Eyes

Good to know you agree to understanding you and I can't stand one another.
Krumple

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 10:41 am
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:

Quote:
Even less so if they are ugly idiots.

Such as yourself. Rolling Eyes

Good to know you agree to understanding you and I can't stand one another.

It is cute that you try so hard..
bellamente

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 02:32 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
Quote:
It is cute that you try so hard..

bellamente wrote:
Anonymously99 does not try hard on anything unless she necessarily has to. She has many personalities. You come across as unobservant.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 04:32 pm
@bellamente,
You come across as yet another of the numerous accounts created here by anonymously99.

Weren't you going to stop doing that and just stick to one in order to be more believable and taken seriously here?
bellamente

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 10:03 pm
@Butrflynet,
Roses?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2014 11:54 pm
@Krrypton,
Quote:

I always find questions like this to be seeking the devil (ie an absolute), rather than accepting that their are both individual & comparative degrees to which people are attracted to both intelligence and beauty. Given the variety in human genetics, I don't find a problem with preferring beauty over intelligence (ie everyone is different, accept them for who they are)

And in relation to comparatives - is there anything wrong with finding beauty more attractive than intelligence? For example - perhaps while she finds beauty more attractive than intelligence, she may find kindness more attractive than beauty - etc. (which would mean she finds kindness much more attractive than intelligence, etc)
bellamente

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 12:28 am
@vikorr,
You can't seek negativity. You create it. The devil is the idea of negative feelings. 

Do you hate more than you love? Overcome the hate with the love within yourself. 

Hate is ugly. Unkind. Disrespectful. Else similar. The opposite of love.

Hate leads to sorrow. Feelings of sorrow. No one can appreciate such negative feelings. Not sure who would desire such feelings.

Love is the most beautiful feeling there is. The more understanding an individual is the more beautiful an individual is.

in·tel·li·gent [in-tel-i-juh nt]

—adjective

having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend, as persons or animals: an intelligent student.
displaying or characterized by quickness of understanding, sound thought, or good judgment: an intelligent reply.
having the faculty of reasoning and understanding; possessing intelligence: intelligent beings in outer space.
Computers. pertaining to the ability to do data processing locally; smart: An intelligent terminal can edit input before transmission to a host computer.
Compare dumb (def 8).
Archaic.
having understanding or knowledge (usually followed by of ).

intelligent
adjective
very smart
Synonyms: able, acute, alert, alive, all there, apt, astute, brainy, bright, brilliant, calculating, capable, clever, comprehending, creative, deep, discerning, enlightened, exceptional, highbrow, imaginative, ingenious, instructed, inventive, keen, knowing, knowledgeable, original, penetrating, perceptive, perspicacious, profound, quick, quick-witted, rational, ready, reasonable, resourceful, responsible, sage, sharp, smart, thinking, together, understanding, well-informed, whiz, wise, witty 

Antonyms: foolish, idiotic, imbecile, stupid, unintelligent 

Is as mentioned suffice for an individual's knowledge. How well do you understand. 

The decision to understand, to want to understand and/or to remain ignorant belongs to everyone, each of us upon this earth.
0 Replies

bellamente

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 12:56 am
@Krrypton,
Krrypton says:
Quote:
One of my best friend recently got a huge heartbreak because of a girl who told him that she doesn't prefer intelligence over beauty. My friend is good looking though not as much as the girl. But do you think that only beauty is relevant in a relationships? My friend by the way, is super intelligent. So would you prefer beauty over intelligence too? I know I'd not.

bellamente says:
Not everyone is alike, the same. I believe there is someone meant for each one of us. Maybe we each have a soul mate. Or by chance we are all meant as a learning situation for one another.
bellamente

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 01:02 am
@bellamente,
Understanding is better than not understanding.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 04:15 am
@bellamente,
bellamente wrote:
Anonymously99 does not try hard on anything unless she necessarily has to. She has many personalities. You come across as unobservant.

No I realize there is a mental illness in there. I just haven't figured out which personality is the right one to respond to yet.
bellamente

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2014 07:42 am
@Krumple,
Flirting?
0 Replies